DISPLAYED
Highway To Hell

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

It's a long ways from California to Illinois.

Rory had been contacted not long ago by one Kenneth Roger Underwood, an Attorney representing the estate of James Gordon, who had recently died in a tragic accident at a local putt putt golf course, along with his elderly mother. James, apparently, had left the bulk of his estate to Rory, a long lost relative who suddenly found himself almost in possession of very little liquid assets as well as an estate on some prime swampland full of something the Attorney called "collectible assets" that he was unable to go into more detail about over the phone.

It all seemed more than a little suspicious.

Logically then, it was something you should bring a little backup to when investigating.

Even in the relative comfort of a gently used Winnebago, it's something like 30 hours on the road and that's if you drove non-stop. The four not-so-strangers could afford to take the trip a little easy, and so two days into their trip the Cell found themselves in Las Vegas, New Mexico (pop. 13,691) seeking comfort and shelter in the arms of a roadside motel with all the amenities you would come to expect from a mid-priced motel, like free internet (password: GUEST1), a pool that has been closed up for the season, working bathroom plumbing, genuine magic finger vibrating beds and a whole host of take out menus in the lobby, allowing guests to decide what they want to order from where they want to order it and have it delivered right to their room.

And that was exactly the conundrum the Cell faced at this moment.
    no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

2. Likes Yumyumcrow, Cayce, liked this post

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

Status ••• (Academics) Theology Doctorate

"The Solid Waste Amnesty Day has been postponed."

Looks like one of the 'menus' wasn't a menu, but a public service announcement. Rory flipped it around and used a thick finger to point out the information to everyone else.

"Mighty fine news for a town that once hosted the likes of Jesse James and Billy the Kid. And... Big... Nose... Kate." Rory was a not-so-secret history geek. And if his light brogue doing a terrible John Wayne was any indication, utterly fascinated by the Who's Who of Western villainy the town had seen. He was assuming Big Nose Kate was a villain. "I like the sound of Hillcrest Restaurant and Trading Post Saloon. They deliver and it would be criminal to just order KFC instead of giving the local flavor a go, ay?"

He shrugged and glanced at his companions. A motley crew for certain, with Tal the one he knew best and steady like a rock (the non-monster sort). Misty, whose rode-hard-and-put-up-wet impression was a constant reminder of his own sheltered life. And Ursula, who dredged up memories of Alexis Kane.

Rory flipped the pamphlets down and put his hands in his pockets.

"But I'm fine with majority rule?"

4. Likes Yumyumcrow, Benji, Cayce, liked this post
    U
    Ursula Cole

As a cloud of smoke is exhaled, a butt crushed under a stiletto heel.

First a head moves side to side, then each shoulder is rolled in turn, until the willowy women throws her arms above her head, arching her back, pressing herself against the oh-so confining restrains of her halter top.

Hands drop and her nose wrinkles at the not-a-menu info, before being completely forgotten in the wake of Rory's words.

"I'd like to give the local favor a go." Ursula says, a finger rubs her lip in thought, the cherry red of the nail-polish shimmering in the horrible motel light. "But first, I'm going to need a shower, and a stop to get some more dye. Maybe blue. Or green. My roots are showing. No one wants to see that shit. It's gross." Of course her baby-blues don't drift towards the bottle blond Misty.

At lest when she brings home someone or three they'll know the landing-strip don't match the drapes.

...unless she got creative.

Hmmm. Looks like she has plans.

Maybe she'll try and get Rory to help. It's always fun to see him blush.

Tal
    Tal

"You could always just shave your head," Tal suggested from the table wedged into the corner of the room. The disassembled parts of her Beretta glinting softly in the yellow stained light, freshly oiled.

Normally, Tal wouldn't have subjected her cell to the smell of gun oil all night, but as soon as Ursula lit up, Tal had just shrugged and gotten her cleaning kit. It was a better solution than trying to argue with a woman that would have made her own disney namesake cringe.

"Either way, I don't really have an opinion," she added, finishing her rub down of the last piece of her gun before she set it next to the others on the cloth.

"About where we should get food. I definitely think you should shave, Ursula."

There was definitely a small smile tugging at the corners of Tal's mouth.
    Tal, Soldier, Union, Presence 3 (Steady), Status 2 (Concealed Carry)

7. Likes Benji, liked this post

Barfly
    Fame 1 (Adult Entertainment Industry)
    Natural Immunity
    Toxin Resistance
    Misty Shore

Misty Shore snickered, snapping back to life with a wicked grin. One hand jerked upward and raked through her hair. Her eyes bounced wildly around before settling onto Rory.

"Saloon? Like, real wild rest saloon? Ooooh! OOOH! Yeah. Sure, honey. I still got the..." A pause. "Ehm. That is to say, yes, I'm hungry."

The crazy ass grin added volumes and whole vista's of alternate context for that statement.

"And I need a stretch. And a cigarette. And... And... Um? Food."

The lean woman blinked and bobbed her head before she managed to reign in her mindless babble.

"And then we can go clubbing." Nod.

Seriously, one has to wonder how much lucidity this burned out actress has left. The way she said that you'd think we were in downtown San Diego, Las Vegas in Nevada or the corrupt glittering jewel of L.A. itself. Did small towns in the desert even do clubs?
    Fame 1 (Adult Entertainment Industry)| Barfly|
    Natural Immunity| Toxin Resistance|

9. Likes Cayce, , Benji liked this post

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

Upon examination of the assorted pamphlets it seems that Las Vegas, New Mexico does indeed have clubs... if you're willing to set your bar low enough to include bars with the occasional local live band that hasn't made it yet. The Hillcrest Restaurant and Trading Post Saloon, El Rialto Restaurant & Lounge, The Old Town Drafthouse and Borracho's Craft Booze & Brews all qualify to one degree or another.

It seems that if the locals want to go actual clubbing, like civilized people, they need to make the drive over to Santa Fe.
    no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

11. Likes , Cayce liked this post

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

Status ••• (Academics) Theology Doctorate

"Are we staying in or going out? For food, I mean. I'll pass on the... clubbing."

He'd never minded a bar, but clubbing was as alien of behavior to him as the mysteries of women's hair, dye, and roots. Dancing was something his body refused to do, which left him blankly staring at a sea of bodies or a bartender -- and anyone that knew him was well aware that hair grooming was the furthest thing from his mind.

"I may walk around a bit, though, either way. Stretch my legs. We might even be able to walk to The Trading Post?"

He gave Tal's Beretta pieces a look. Even if they ordered in, they'd probably need to cover those if she hadn't done whatever needed to be done to reassemble it.

"First rounds on me, yeah? To thank you all for coming with. Anyone give up anything interesting to come?"

13. Likes Yumyumcrow, , Cayce liked this post
    U
    Ursula Cole

When you start getting to know someone, you start figuring out how they work. Smoke gets gun oil. So she smoked. It's weird, but the currently purpleish haired gal liked the smell. Just like sometimes she'd drive to a gas station just the smell the fumes.

A fair few folks would say she was a mess. And messed. But Ursula didn't really give a flying fuck.

Curling a pastel lock around a finger her baby-blues glanced up at Tal, an amused curl to her lips, "I could totally rock a chemo look. Get me some kinky pity cancer sex." uncurling the lock, she bunches the pastel purpleish locks into a tight knot, keeping her hand there. "Misty-sweetie have a shaver? I mean I'd ask Tal...but have you seen her legs?" her words were mean, but her tone the chipper playfulness of high school bitches everywhere.

Her hand drops and the pastel cascade falls.

A fingers dance in the air in a flurry of snaps, trying to get the bottle blond diva's attention, "Misty-sweetie, we'll totally find a solid bar-top and Coyote Ugly the bitch!" Game plan!

...did she have any cowboy boots?

"The answer's usually out sweetie," she says, lips curled upward, as she uncurls, and stands from where she'd propped herself. "First round had better be on you. I'm like legit missing out on shit. Brucie, Misty you remember Brucie? Well. He said something about...well. Something. And yeah. It would have been waaaay more interesting then this road trip from hell. But." Ursula spins around to face the room, and say with a wink, "You're just such a sweet talker."

The pastel princess spins and saunters out of the room.

"Come on bitches! We're burning nightlight!"

Tal
    Tal

Tal just shook her head, but the small smile was still there. It was safe to say that she'd never met people like Misty and Ursula before, and though she had probably been fortunate in that regard, she was glad that she knew them know.

It was easy to get lost in the world. To be consumed by the struggle to change that which could not be, and to be smothered by all the failures to change that which could be. In some ways, it was a life saver to be around people that treated everything as one never ending party. In other ways...

Well, Tal wasn't going to focus on them now.

Instead she just began putting her pistol back together, her hands moving through endlessly practiced motions until the firearm was whole again. She gave it a quick check, made sure the safety was on, and then slid a clip home and grabbed her IWB holster.

"I'll be the designated if you want, Rory,"
    she offered, grabbing up a beige denim jacket and slipping it on before she put on the holster and made sure it was covered up.

"And you know that hair only gets courser the more you shave it, right?"
    she asked as a parting shot as she walked past Ursula.
    Tal, Soldier, Union, Presence 3 (Steady), Status 2 (Concealed Carry)

16. Likes West, liked this post

Barfly
    Fame 1 (Adult Entertainment Industry)
    Natural Immunity
    Toxin Resistance
    Misty Shore

"I have a shaver?" Misty had to think about that. "Oooh! Ooooh! Yes. Not sure if its in my bag. Or my other bag. But come on! Don't tell me they don't have, like, hygene, and stuff, out here. Way out here. Waaay. Waay out here. Where are we again? Someone say Vegas. I know some people in Vegas. Know... <<snicker>> Looks kinda small for Vegas."

A pause.

"Are we going out. We totally are!" Misty snapped back to the present. "Coyote Ugly. Ha! That sounds like a plan."

The pieces belatedly fall into place.

"Yeah. Lets walk there. I mean, exercise! We need exercise. And, like, to get an appetite." She looked about. "Place is kinda small. We could walk there. And back. Easy. And if Rory here is buying..." Misty let the words hang, the look on her face telling all what was going through her vapid mind.

"What was I doing. Not much. I think I had a house but there was definitely a squat. No! Wait! A hotel. And not much to do. Kinda boring now that I'm old hat with inductions. I think I'm supposed to do something about that? Am I? Brucie didn't say anything last time we spoke."

Lost in her recollections she appeared to ignore Tal. In fact she seemed to ignore everyone till it looked like she might be left, standing absurdly alone, in the motel lobby.
    Fame 1 (Adult Entertainment Industry)| Barfly|
    Natural Immunity| Toxin Resistance|

18. Likes Cayce, West, liked this post
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread