Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(West Lawn) The Bruin Residence

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Bruin was born into a lower middle class family. Helene's internet search turned up that the Bruins lived in a single family residence in Santee, near the onramp. The house was a modest one story affair- no yard to speak of, small attached garage and a bare two feet of clearance to the next house on the block. The typical American dream in California. A single window faces the driveway, beige curtains are tightly drawn. There is a 2003 silver Honda civic sitting in the driveway. There is a space for another vehicle, plenty of space for Helene's bike. There are no parking spaces on the block, dozens of cars are squeezed in tight for every available inch hedging the street.

What do Helene and Michael intend to do?

Cabochard Freelance250

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Helene drove up in front of the house and parked her bike, before hopping off of it nimbly and tossing her helmet onto the handlebars. She took a moment to stretch herself out -driving always left her feeling tense and uncomfortable- before taking her steps onto the pavement. She then walked over to the path that led up to the house and stood, waiting patiently for the priest. She had to talk to him before she actually did anything, or he might screw everything up.

F
    Freelance250

Michael stepped out of the cab as it arrived shortly behind Helene. He reached into his long overcoat and pulled out a crumpled up pack of cigarettes and his zippo. Etched into the side of the sterling silver lighter was a cross with the words "Truth, Peace and Faith" in latin. He struck up the cigarette and looked about, taking in the suburbs. He immediately saw Helene and started for her.

"Enjoy your ride?" He asked with a slight smile as he walked up, cigarette pinched between his fingers.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Helene ignored the man's question. It wasn't particularly important anyway. She was more irritated by the man's habits. "Okay, let's get some stuff taken care of, cause you don't look anything like what you need to. One, take that damn cigarette out of your mouth and crush it before they see you, you're supposed to be a priest not some random dude. Second, you realize the communicator only works in your ear, right?" She'd seen him put it in his pocket, like it was going to magically plug itself into his ear.

"And we need a plan. My thought is, you're here to provide condolences for their daughter, yaddi yadda, and I'm your...assistant, or whatever. I'm not one of you guys, I dunno what you people use instead of assistants. Seemed like a solid plan to her. Well, of course it was a solid plan. She'd made it up after all. And a woman with her vast intellect couldn't come up with a bad plan. It was against the laws of nature or something.

F
    Freelance250

Michael smiled as she snapped at him, he took the cigarette and dashed it against the concrete driveway. He hated these next of kin visits, it was not his first time and the cigarette was to calm his nerves. But, Helene didn't need to know that. He rearranges his coat and steps forward. His usual calm demeanor changes instantly.

"I remember the show you put on at my barbecue. If you think you can insult me... twice.. you have another thing coming. I may be a man of God but Him and I share a common trait; We suffer no insult twice." Michael said in a stern and cold tone, he would not have her arrogance. Not today. "My position within the church doesn't give me an assistant, I am just a parishional father." Michael said in a slightly warmer tone, she may be acting like a spoiled child but he knew the importance of the situation.

He looked around for a few seconds, taking in the location. He turns to Helene again and makes a sign of the cross over her then removes a small silver cross from his pocket. He looked at it and smiled slightly before offering it to her. "You are Sister Jameson, atleast for now. Here... take this." He said, "...It was my mothers so take care of it. Let them see it and God forbid keep your actions tempered, a Sister never speaks harshly." Added the Priest. His mind snapping back two years at the thought of Sister Katherine flashed back to his mind. He shook it off, "Don't need to be distracted, get your head together Michael." He thought, reinforcing himself.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Helene took the cross and put it on, waving dismissively. "Yeah, sure, whatever. You still need to put in the communicator." She pointed at his pocket. "Seriously, it only works if it's in your ear. That's kinda how a communicator works. It's really its only purpose in the world." She took a moment to think. She had to be a nun. How did nuns act again? What about how they dressed? Something told her a nun shouldn't be walking around in a hoodie and pre-ripped pants, but, whatever. She'd figure something out.

F
    Freelance250

Michael stops, he gives her a look over and then shakes his head. "On second thought, you don't look the part of a Sister." He says as he scratches his beard. "Let's just say your an investigator I hired to help." He says before putting the small communicator in his ear like she asked, he was not overly fond of technology. He still had trouble figuring out his DVD player, let alone how this ear-communicator thing worked.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Helene nodded, acquiescing. She could do investigator. Investigator was easy. After all, it was what she did every day anyway, wasn't it? "Yeah, sure, cool. Alright, shall we get started?" She waved to the entrance to the house impatiently. "We gotta get this over with quick, so we can get to the actually interesting part." The actually interesting part being the work in the asylum proper. She was looking forward to getting to that part. She had her camera ready to document everything, even if it couldn't actually capture a ghost on camera.

F
    Freelance250

Michael nodded and turned, he took a moment to address his attire and then stepped up to the door. He quickly found the doorbell and pressed the button. He hated the next of kin visits, they were never peaceful affairs. They often ended in outright anger or immense sorrow and they left him feeling guilty despite the situation. As he waited for the door to open his mind snapped back to several years prior, when he opted to deliver the next of kin letters to the families of his old unit. His heart seized in his chest, and then abruptly sunk to his stomach when he realized what he had said after he had finished his task.

Jennifer Hazelton

As Michael and Helene were talking, the curtain had flicked aside to permit a blue eyeball a view of what was in the driveway. When the doorbell was pressed, there was a moments silence from inside the house. The sound of a deadbolt being slid free grated in her ear for a moment as a delicate female hand appeared on the doorjamb of the door held open a mere six inches. The face of the female was difficult to make out in the gloom of the entryway- the light from the outside was all that penetrated. You get the impression of a woman of about 5'6'', slim and wearing light colored clothing.

"What do you want?" The female asked in a hoarse voice. "I won't be interviewed. I already told that news paper that." The door opened slightly wider and the piercing blue eyes glance behind you.

"No crew. Suppose you aren't the media." Yet even with that admission, doubt and suspicion prickles in the tone of voice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread