Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

Round Robin Hunter: the Vigil

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Hello everyone!

West and I have been toying around with the idea of creating a small side venue for hunter with a very interesting mechanic: there is no HST! Or, at least, there isn't a MAIN ST. Instead, the duties of ST would rotate through the cast of players. So I would run a story one month, then West the next, then someone else the third month, and etc. Likely the stories would last longer, but the main point is that ST duties would rotate and thus everyone could play, and everyone would run. This would hopefully save from ST burnout as well as ensure that no one's characters got sidelined for too long. Perhaps two plots might even be run concurrently by 2 people, so no one would be sidelined, but that's to be decided.

What's more important to figure out now is who would be interested in playing? This is intended to be a tight knit group, at least to start with, but if it goes well then it could grow!

Now, no rules have really been discussed, but I thought I would suggest a couple to start the discussion.

Rule 1: There would be no Tier 3. Tier 3 hunter would only be earned in play, and with everyone's consent. No one would start in a conspiracy. Conspiracies make things more complicated, change the tone of the game, and have proven in the past to attract characters that don't understand what the word conspiracy means (imagine Bruce Wayne telling everyone he was Batman...that's what we got).

As for setting, I did like San Diego from the last hunter incarnation. Personally, I like the dichotomy of very bright days, and very dark nights

What about y'all?

2. Likes , Acheron, Yumyumcrow liked this post

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Traveling Winnebago game!
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

4. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

Don't mind setting being in San Diego, especially if some of the previous setting material can be recycled.

Alternatively, link this to the main Sacramento venue (just thinking for consistency and Shard options, perhaps?) We can play around with this - it doesn't have to be Sacramento proper, it could the "Central Valley" or similar geographic region.

6. Likes Cayce liked this post

I'm actually really loving West's suggestion of a Midnight Roads style game! 'Cause then, yeah, the hunters could totally swing into Shards if we wanted a bit of mellow cross over, but we could also explore all kinds of locations, and as West pointed out to me, we wouldn't have to worry too much about clashing continuity by having stories set in different locations.

I'm thinking, too, that the first story would probably be both an introduction to the characters in the cell, but also a story about how they were forced to go onto the road! So it'd be both fun RP, and also involve some dice!

So Winnebago is totally my vote! (though I keep imagining scenes from Space Balls atm, lol)

8. Likes West, liked this post

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

10. Likes Yumyumcrow, West, , Cayce liked this post

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

i was thinking more...

But also to expand a wee bit on what Cayce said, I was thinking it wouldn't be hard to add in a city or two as regular pit-stops to provide some anchors to the game -- especially if people wanted to so a little world-building with NPCs or locations.

I just find the idea of variable settings/enviros immensely appealing and it would be super easy to hand off the narration to whomever was on deck.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

12. Likes Yumyumcrow, Cayce, Benji, liked this post

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility

well that's the benefit of a round robin style game, multiple genres

14. Likes , Cayce liked this post

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility

I'm willing to throw together a short plot for a small cell once in awhile if you're willing to settle for my derivative garbage.

0 Scenes

Wants to Hunter...but has no confidence in my ST skills at all (I've never ever done it, not online, or in person or anything)

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

Brains!

Oh I mean, count me in.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread