Ended
Watch

(1609) Truce and Brother Rat

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

With Arthur's departure, having another Acolyte among the Silver Ladder would be a fortuitous blessing. And by his introduction he seems well-spoken enough. He wonders just how up-to-speed Faye has brought him regarding the state of the Consilium.

"But yes, I am currently this Consilium's sole interim Deacon in service to the Silver Ladder as well as Councillor for the Leaden Path. Are you just passing through our community or do you have plans on taking residence here? And, should it be the latter, have you reached out to the representative of your Path for recognition?"

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

OCC
    PRE

"I actually just came from speaking with Councilor Fisher, in fact." Brother Rat says, gesturing towards the knot made up of Tuesday and the other Councilors. "And Magus Campanella and I are throwing in together to assemble a Cabal as well. Councilor Fisher gave me a precis on the local situation with the Seers of the Throne. I wanted to make myself available to the Consilium, through the Silver Ladder, when the need for a healer becomes necessary."
    Active Spells: 2e Fortune's Protection (Rote), Sybil's Sight (Improvised)

no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

PRE

"I see. I'm impressed," says Truce with a raised brow and the subtle signs of an approving smile. "You move quickly. I've met with Magus Campanella tonight. He seems quite dependable as a Mystagogue. So you're a Thyrsus and a healer then. Good. There's a demand for that since Fisher's predecessor left the city. I'm sure the Claviger and myself would like to see you established during your stay. We should arrange to meet to discuss matters of our Order in our conclave. But for now, please depend on me to answer any questions you may have as our most recent addition."

Even with Faye's briefing there must be something Truce can fill him in on. With so much going on in their community it may be hard for Brother Rat to take it all in.

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility

OCC
    PRE

"Well, you know what they say about rolling stones." Brother Rat smiles, pleased that he's impressed someone besides himself with himself. "As I told the Councilors, I can probably wait for some kind of formal report, the next time there is a formal gathering, but if I find out anything on my own is there anyone heading up that situation that I should get in contact with? What else is going on outside the Seer threat? Can I take a look at the local charter here somewhere? What should I be asking about that I'm not, in your opinion?"

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

"Yes, I'm sure I have several copies of the Charter in the conclave. You're welcome to make use of that space as well during your stay. As for a formal report, I'd like to say that Sentinel Wayland would be most knowledgeable about issues of security, though I can't say for sure if he's up to speed on all matters.

"Before we first heard the prophecy of the Seer menace turning its eyes to our city, we've had a few instances of Banishers distributing an addictive drug to Sleepers that gives its users an experience similar to Awakening, or so I've been told. They've been collaborating at the Sacramento University and have established at least one Sanctum there. But that investigation has gone cold to my knowledge, and the Banishers have appeared silent for several months."

"Perhaps what you should be asking is why we are currently lacking a Hierarch and Herald. Our last disappeared suddenly. Or perhaps he ceased to be. You won't be able to get a straight answer I'm afraid as I'm not clear on the details either. But I anticipate that will be resolved at the next formal meeting within the next month or so. That should give you plenty of time to establish yourself and acclimated to the political climate."

"Tell me, as a healer, do you have an interest in the medical sciences and practices that Sleepers make use of?" The question may seem an abrupt topic change from the long line of information Truce is sharing with the Acolyte.

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility

OCC
    PRE

"No, my healing skills come from the Mysteries I've studied. Tracing glyphs in blood and pulling out bullets doesn't do a lot for prospects at medical school, even if Secrecy wasn't an issue."

"Forgive me Deacon, I assumed the matter of politics would be a private conclave matter. The rumors around the local Hierarchs go on about the historical precedents of murder, treachery and madness." Brother Rat shrugs. "Broaching those topics with you seemed both a bad omen and somewhat... impolitic, considering what people are saying about you. And since the Heralds derive their authority from the Hierarch, I wasn't exactly surprised about there not being anyone to act as herald for a non-existent Hierarch."

Brother Rat buffs the nails of one hand on his shirt as he lays out a followup question. "If I'm not being presumptuous, who appointed Sentinel Wayland to his position in absence of a Hierarch?" Precedents like that were interesting.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

"Is that so?" is all Truce has to answer, considering Brother Rat's words curiously. Perhaps Truce does have a bad habit of broaching sensitive topics at inappropriate times. While he isn't the one suggesting foul play, it may still be on the minds of others in the community.

"That would be the previous Hierarch. The one who disappeared. If you're suggesting that the Sentinel's authority is in question, you may have a strong case, but I'd rather have one than none at all. But that too may be under review at the next formal."

Aquinas had appointed him, hadn't he? Truce cannot recall the announcement but he believes it came about sometime at the start of the year. The former Hierarch certainly hadn't contested the appointment, but then Aquinas always seemed so busy and out-of-touch.

"Perhaps we should continue this conversation in private at the nearest opportunity. I'll speak with the Claviger to arrange a time."

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility

OCC
    PRE

"Certainly Deacon," Brother Rat says, nodding. "I'm at your disposal, of course. I'm not so much concerned about the Sentinel's authority as I am about oversight." If the Hierarch is indisposed, who's telling the Sentinel what to do? Is there procedure in place to reign in an errant Sentinel, or are they untouchable? If a Sentinel went bad, who'd be obligated to investigate if someone jumped them in an alley and left them to bleed out with two broken legs?

When faced with a problem, roll with your strengths. And rats gnaw at problems.

Brother Rat provides Truce with his contact information. "Why the interest in my medical knowledge?"

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

As Brother Rat offers his contact information, Truce provides his own cell-phone number so the Acolyte could reach him.

"Oh that? Well, I'm something of an academic and take part in the mundane study and practice of psychology as my profession. I was curious if you had any contacts within the medical field, or if I might be able to offer mine to help you get established. But I imagine that won't be necessary?"

Still, Truce plans to bring it up again when they do have some privacy. Not all Thearchs move among the flock as he does. The study of Mysteries has its place as does the method of its ministering.

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility

OCC
    PRE

"Ah," Brother Rat says, understanding where Truce is coming from now. He shakes his head without rancor. "Nah, the medical field and I are in a sort of "two roads diverged in a yellow wood" type of situation. I know some people here and there though, but if I'm being honest with you..." Brother Rat shrugs. " Most of 'em are probably just a bit too urban for someone like you."

How exactly do you politely tell the Deacon and presumptive Hierarch that he looks like a nerd?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread