Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Marco, Polo! Err Truth or Dare!

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Welll....."

"Yiddish isn't that tough. Uh, just do an Eighties big-hair Manchester or Birmingham accent,"
    he offered to Tuesday. Get enough people clapping... and singing along... Or just say 'Screw It' an do it in English. Yeah.

"And, yeah, that's the thing."
    A finger pointed at Fisher, then the stencil. "Not that many people are aware that ABC is a thing?" Probably not the time to tell Avis it was totally a Guardian Labyrinth, too. "You gotta, like, overcome or work around their preconceptions about symbol identification. Broken chains, yeah, that would be cool."

Nobody expects the Guardian Symbologist.

Here's the thing. Awkward Moments and Awkward Silences only exist until words break the silence or the moment is moved past. And sooner or later? Someone needs to totally check out what kind of res the fountain is spewing. The cards fell in a slow waterfall while Fisher and Varyx bantered, then fanned out before collapsing. Long fingers began to move at Avis, then stopped. It's not polite to 'talk' in front of other people, yo.

"Okay, so. I'll order some take-out from Whitey's and we'll, uh, meet in the Living Room?"
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"Be bold. Be blatant. You want your message to reach peeps right? Then it has to be clear enough to reach more peoples, including the stupid ones." and there are many stupid ones.

"Ah...kay, kay. Sound advice." a head is nodding, but Tuesday's still in the screw it lets do it in English camp.

"Like board games?" is asked before Avis continues, "Oh. So not board games. Truth or Dare, it's no Marco, Polo...but it sounds fun. As does takeout and shots." Food, and booze man, food and booze "So I haven't had a chance to peak in the liquor cabinet...so what sort of booze do we have?" a very important question to be sure.

"You no want to be a hedonist Fisher?" Tuesday calls after Fisher as the mustelid scampers off to put cleaning supplies away, before turning to Varyx, "And you don't want to be yelling an Italian man's name?"

Wondering over to the living room, "I gotta say, I was hopin' for some pad thai...buuuut that might just be me."
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

3. Likes West liked this post
    Bump West, Cayce "Bump" this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Seriously, I'm with Wednesday. These might be cancer sticks," Avis said, poking the cigarette at Star, "but Whitey's is like concrete arteries flavored with peaches. Let's do Thai. If you really want grease covered potato and ground cow anus then we can get Whitey's for lunch, tomorrow."

Avis nudged Star with the same hand holding the cigarette, and she smiled at him.

"Or you could pick yourself up something after the booze run. Unless y'all have been hoarding bottles in drawers or something, I don't think we really have a selection. People always get weird when someone says they don't drink."
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

5. Likes liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

No, schnoookumz, people only get weird when an Arcane Master given to sporadic rage says they don't drink.

"...We've actually been hoarding bottles in drawers. Or something." What? Arthur started it. Then Bishop had dropped some 500 year old bottle, and the next thing you know... "...Pretty much everything. We have. Everything."

He sketched a small bow to Fisher and Varyx.

"Ladies. I'm sorry, but you'll have to sample the wonder of Whitey's chili fries some over evening. The vox populii demands the pad thai."

Dropping rhymes like a boss.

"And for those who, like, want to try something super wicked, I'm going to pop some corn, drizzle it with truffle oil, and make it all sing with some grated parmesan."

Hey. If you're gonna do shots, you gotta have finger food.
    - Roald Dahl

7. Likes Cayce, liked this post

Fisher

Extempor. Affinity: •••••
    Eidetic Memory

PRE

Fisher prepared was in a playful mood so when Varyx laughed, Fisher was prepared to receive her comments in that manner, however, her words left Fisher confused. They were still joking right? It was so hard to tell with Varyx.

The dark-haired woman laughed uncertainly as if she wasn't sure if it was an appropriate response, but decided at the last second that it was a joke at her expense, somehow. Fisher didn't mind, she laughed at herself all the time, she had plenty of material to work with after all.

Fisher raised an eyebrow at Tuesday when she returned, as if to say, really?

"I never said I wasn't a hedonist. I mean what about me from what you know says that I don't enjoy indulging in things? I was merely objecting to being labeled one so quickly," she said with a grin. "Us mustelids are senstive souls with refined tastes after all," she finished with a playful smugness. She waited a moment and looked to Tuesday and Varyx."And, I'd imagine calling out Italian men's names depends on two crucial things. One," she said holding up one finger. "is the context for when the name is called out, and two," she said raising a second finger, "is how cute is he?"

when the conversation turned to food and booze Fisher wasn't sure about the atmosphere, but for some reason it was kind of implied that the theater might be dry...and how crazy was that? Or did she not get that memo?

"I got some booze to contribute to the kitty," Fisher said raising her hand sheepishly as if she wasn't sure if that was right. "Shocking...I know...the food obsessed, smoking thyrsus likes booze too?! Oh noes! OH! We should totally do a poker night some time by the way. I suck, but it's fun!" She looked at Star askance, "Mushroom popcorn, that is a new one for me...unless you mean like the chocolate kind of truffle...that always confused me how people interchanged those...which i doubt given the parmesan."

9. Likes West, Cayce, liked this post
    Bump West, Cayce "Bump" this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Seriously?" Avis gaped, staring at Star in total shock. "Y'all went prohibition on me? Fucking hell, I never even complained about it! Or, um, well, fuck. Maybe I did, I don't even know. It seems stupid, either way. We might as well get everything out in the open, though. No more speak easy's in the sock drawer. We should just stock a counter like a bar."
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

11. Likes West liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Just a little."

A thumb and forefinger rise, pinched together until only a sliver of light separates them. See? Just a little complaining. That much. Don't ask how much verbage there was on the deleterious effects and degenerates that partook though. That might be more than Just A Little.

"Oh, and poker? Ummm. Sure? Some night. You'll have to teach me, though. Like, all I know is, uh, having the same card is good. Like, you know, the same number or color." Totally. Straight. Face. Remember: Trust Fund Baby. "Okay, so, sensitive soul with refined tastes, like, can you grab the bottles from the shop? Left cabinet. The one marked 'flammable'. Because, like, get it. Alcohol. Flammable. While I do the truffles as in mushrooms not chocolate popcorn. And make the call. Speaking of, you," a finger waggled at Tuesday. "Don't get spoiled. First picking movie night and now, like, getting your dinner pick? What's that even all about."

The grin said Jack didn't actually mind. Imogene might. Still, RIP chili fries. Did any Thai food have molten cheese?

"So...,"
    hands clapped. "Chop, chop."
    - Roald Dahl

13. Likes liked this post

Varyx receives a phone call, apologizes, and leaves.
    This is a generic account for moderating the Mage game/forums. It cannot receive messages and inquiries should be posted on your character sheet or messaged to the specific Mage ST(s).

Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Varyx seems like a busy bee. Always on the phone, and skedaddling away.

Avis doesn't drink...good to know. So it won't be way effin' weird when she give a giant Nope to certain and probably favorite beverages. "Haven't had the time to stock up on my booze....so I'll take a peak at the hidden away stuff." see if there's anything that wont make her gag at the memories smell.

"Spoiled? Me? Nooooo parish the thought!" is said with a waved hand. "But popcorn. Sounds amazing And you're making it? Cool. Buut did you cook before the Hearthmaster gig, or was learned because of the Hearthmaster thing?" these were the important questions.

Speaking of important questions, "Seriously, poker night? Is that going to happen? It should happen. Unless I'm banned. Then it should totally not happen. 'Cause if it happens, I'll pout. It's a powerful facial expression. Almost as good as my Glare." Looking between her cabalmates, "Am I still banned?"

See, Important Questions.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

16. Bump West "Bump" this post
    Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Bitch, please, I would kill at poker if magic was involved," Avis said with a snort. "But that's for next month. Tonight is for getting hammered and daring each other to do stupid things, and or reveal terrifying secrets that make everyone look at you funny. But there's a Thai place that needs to be called, pop corn to be made, and a shower with this woman's name on it."

With that, Avis walked to the bathroom, cardboard sign still in hand...

Execute time warp!

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread