Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Marco, Polo! Err Truth or Dare!

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5

Fisher

Extempor. Affinity: •••••
    Eidetic Memory

PRE

Fisher busied herself with dressing once again as Tuesday made her trip to the closet. She didn't dare Tuesday but she felt as bad as if she did. This truth or dare game was getting horribly wrong.

First it had been some odd moments in the beginning of the game. Then it was some of Fisher's fumbles with truth or dare challenges. It was kind of bad, but Fisher felt kind of good that she wasn't the only one tripping all over her dick in this game...that is what they called it right?

The thyrsus didn't think that the others understood her feelings behind all this, and stripping had just the effect she feared. She could only strip like that because she trusted them and felt comfortable with them. Besides it was Star, he is cute sure, but it isn't like he was a guy. He was her friend's husband and crossed off the list when Avis shared they were committed to one another, that makes him like a puppy or a kitten doesn't it? At least Tuesday had taken it in an amused manner, however, that comment about no one wanting to see her kind of stung more than it should have. She knew Tuesday was playing around and trying to be funny, but it still pricked at her self-confidence.

"Your secret is safe with me," Fisher said popping her head up through her shirt hole like a gofer emerging from its home.

Fisher's mind trailed back to a dream...a certain...dark dream...filled with shadow and death. She shuddered slightly with remembrance. No, that dream wasn't her.

"Yeah, I don't like darkness either," Fisher consoled the Unicorn with a comforting hand on the other woman's shoulder. "I've always got an extra air mattress in my room if ya ever need it." There was no mocking or teasing in Fisher's voice toward Tuesday. Sometimes life hit ya hard and you didn't wanna be alone, Fisher hoped that Tuesday would understand her open invitation for what it was, one from a friend.

The prospect of styling Star's hair brought a grin to Fisher's face. Oh there was so much fun they could have.

"We should totally dye it and spike it into like a Mohawk like thingie!" She said still grinning excitedly. "I think I've got some hairspray somewhere."

2. Likes Cayce, , West liked this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Lips pull up in a lazy lopsided grin at the word's 'style away' staying there until Star turns and gives her a Dare or a Dare.

"Why's it always double dare on the Unicorn?" any other time she'd take the khaki favoring angel up on the phone call to Wayland. Hell. She'd get all Mama Gene on Necro-Dum any day o' the week. Just for shits and giggles.

But right now...Tuesday had a few doubts in her ability to have more of the funny and less of the bite.

One thing she didn't want to be known for was being The Bitch.

Avis is abrupt and blunt and awesome.

Staring at the drink in her hand, the Unicorn admits that she's a bit dumbfounded. Maybe it has to do with the pat on the back. "Yeah I got hairspray. And gel. How do you think I get the spikes to spike the way they do without any?" Tuesday takes a sip of the Avis specialty made punch for closet causing owies. "And I have some of those silver craft bells and glitter if we wanna give that a go."

Tuesday nods when Fisher speaks. The air mattress offer has her grinning. "Sooner or later. Or tonight. I'll take you up on that offer." This, this was why she gave Vee Tee a go. Just for the off chance that she'd find a cabal that worked.

"Oh aaaand Be tee dubs. I'm good with a half shave. We can be all stylized besties." She'd almost said 'twinsies.' But she really, really didn't want to see what Fisher and Avis did to Star's mop to happen to hers.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

4. Likes Cayce, Yog-Sothoth liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Bells... and... glitter?"

I Am Jack's Plaintive Resignation.

But, legit, that's probably much better than electrocution. Seriously, yo? Someone needed to talk to Avis about her ideas of dares.

"Oh, and, and! You can totally put motion sensors on the stair lights? In the theaters. That's what I did. Well, mostly because I cleared out the bottom seats and, like, didn't want to fall down, but it's still nice, like, barely-there lighting. If anyone needs help, like, rearranging stuff in theirs, just say something."

Words trickled out as hands got to work...

"And this was super fun. Someone get me a drink..."
    An awkward pat was given to Fisher and Tuesday. For different reasons, but each with the same meaning. "...And a mirror. When you're all done."

Its all good. And this? Feels more like family than it had in a long time.

Hit that month mark! Let's do one more final post from Avis , Fisher , and Tuesday ! Great scene, super fun
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

6. Likes Cayce, Yog-Sothoth, liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

And there it was. A little bit of human contact and affection and things were mended.

Or maybe it was the glorious, glorious thoughts of bells and glitter on some kind of Frankenstein faux-hawk...

Either way, Avis didn't care. She was just glad to see that the night wasn't over, and her cabal seemed to be even more tightly night than it had when they'd first started arguing over what sort of take out to get.

That was the thing about conflict: sometimes it just broke things, but other times...it made them stronger.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

8. Likes West, Yog-Sothoth, liked this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Tuesday skipped her way to her room to retrieve her promised, hairspray, gel, bells and glitter.

Because what's a Unicorn without some glitter?

It takes a little more time for Tuesday to return, but the freshly shaved half of her head showed exactly why she was so late. "Avis~! Here!" it was a silver sharpie. "For some lightning bolts." a finger points at her half shaved noggin. Since they weren't going to fry Star, she'd play lamb to the sharpie slaughter. "Jolt me up~!"

Tuesday felt ridiculous, and silly and wonderful.

"...just please. No penises."
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

10. Likes Cayce, West, Yog-Sothoth liked this post

Fisher

Extempor. Affinity: •••••
    Eidetic Memory

PRE

"Cool!" She said to Star's offer of help. "When I get around to it I'll let ya know. I have some ideas."

"Not just Tuesday, offer's for any caballie, Star might be a little awkward, but we can make it work," Fisher finished with a teasing grin.

Fisher wandered over to get a drink for Star to honor his last request. Every man deserved a little kindness before the end, R.I.P hair. She grabbed him something tasty and came back with a creation for for his consumption.

"Here ya go!" She said cheerfully like a puppy looking for praise.

Things had worked out pretty good and she was starting to have a pretty positive feeling about things here. They were awkward, but getting the hang of each other slowly.
    Fisher couldn't help but grin when Tuesday returned.

"Nice! lookin' all punk," she said with a smile. "No penises? Awww, penises are fun...ooooh kkkkaaayyy. Lightening is cool too though. Oooo! If you strip off your shirt and lay down we can totally make you a winged unicorn with lightening! How cool would that be?!" she said recovering from her disappointment quickly. She grabbed a sharpie to ink up a unicorn.

"OH! You can totally do me next. I'm not shaving my head, but you can ink me up!"
    She finished excitedly.

12. Likes liked this post
Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread