Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Hoop There It Is

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Oh, yeah, man, I'm totally down with that."

Even though it had taken some time to get to peyote. Acid? Light 'em up, trip the lights fantastic. But peyote? You watch one Young Guns II movie with people barfing, and it takes time.

"Wait, what? Altered states without? Liiiiike... hallucinogen altered states or are you talking about, like, Dreaming capital 'Dee' dreaming?"
    Fisher getting every ball was getting super annoying. "I'm going to let you have that, you need it. You gonna make the shot this time?"

Long arms flailed in a lackluster defense. Yeah, totally on purpose. Someone's got to score first, right?

"No, but seriously, that's cool. That shaman aren't, like, just, you know. Total Bee Ess. I spent some time with, like, some out there religious circles? Oh Em Gee so many are Bee Ess. Don't get me wrong, I'm not, like, looking for Salvation, it's just, like, a Guardian thing. I guess."

Well. Except the one or five cults before Awakening.

"Zoey and I used to smoke dope."

Was that a question? An offer? Maybe.

Recover, Defend fails
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-09-20 20:30:51 Star rolls 4 to Defend the Goal! (Dex + Ath) (10 Again) 4, 2, 3, 2 failure
    2016-09-20 20:24:17 Star rolls 4 to Recover the ball! (10 Again) 8, 10, 5, 4, 5 2 successes

Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

Fisher

Extempor. Affinity: •••••
    Eidetic Memory

PRE

Fisher didn't know what the deal was with his defense, but for some reason it just looked funny and she started laughing as she shot. Total airball. Smooth. She moved a little slowly to recover the ball and give Star a chance to shoot. She seemed to be getting a lot of the balls and still couldn't score...kind of annoying all around really.

"You know trance states, dancing, drumming, exhaustion through exercise or ritual that kind of stuff," Fisher sighed. "Not as fun, but just as important if I wanna learn my stuff."

She didn't put in as much effort as she could have in recovering the ball and Star was able to snatch it just before her.

"Oh many totally are, so much was lost with Christianity moving in and the old ways were seen as shameful and to be discouraged. Tattoos and piercings were important to women before and almost completely avoided afterward. There is kind of a small revival, but without young people learning it isn't going to get passed on. Only a handful of people can speak my tribal tongue. At least we have other options as awakened to find stuff out."
    Fisher nodded at Star and his comment about the religion thing. "I understand it is important to look into that you never know when you might stumble on something true."

At the mention of dope Fisher grinned.

"I haven't located a good supplier down here, I've been meaning to, but never got around to it. I'd totally be down for that."

Shot failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-09-21 21:34:44 Fisher rolls 5 to Hooping it up (dex+ath) Shooting (10 Again) 5, 7, 6, 4, 6 failure
      Recovery 2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-09-21 21:36:38 Fisher rolls 5 to Hooping it up (dex+ath) Recovery (10 Again) 4, 10, 1, 4, 10, 6, 2 2 successes
      Defense 2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-09-21 21:47:07 Fisher rolls 5 to Hooping it up (dex+ath) Defense (10 Again) 1, 10, 10, 2, 2, 3, 7 2 successes

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Look, are you just fiddling around with me or what?"

It's a passable British accent.

"Because,"
    the Angel went into motion with a deceptively lazy looking grace, "If you are," sliding past Fisher, "Taking it easy on me," and launching the ball into a neat arc through the hoop. "I..."

"...Am not left handed."

He grinned as he checked the ball and let Fisher bring it in.

"That's wack, too. The tribal tongue thing? You know, like, oral tradition and language, sure, has drift, but it's also totally a preservation technique to, like, spread it throughout a culture instead of, you know, relying on one or two books or people."
    Yeah that totally didn't sound paranoid. "And oh, yeah, yeah. Like a runner's high. I dig that. And rewind. Are you, like, fluent? Like a trust fund baby and cultural repository?"

Long arms flailed at the ball.

"I got some hook-ups. Nothing like Zoey, though. She totally had that 'American Beauty' military weed though. But you'd be down with acid?"

Shot Success, 1 Success on Next Defense
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-09-21 22:19:39 Star rolls 5 to Defend the Goal! (Dex + Ath) (10 Again) 3, 8, 2, 3, 4 1 success
    2016-09-21 22:18:50 Star rolls 9 to Shoot the Damn Ball (10 Again) 9, 3, 5, 7, 7, 9, 6, 3, 9 3 successes
    - Roald Dahl

4. Likes Yog-Sothoth liked this post

Fisher

Eidetic Memory

PRE

Fisher had mixed emotions regarding the shot. At first she thought Star was upset with her after figuring out what she did and she started to worry, then he pulled a Prince's Bride on her and she laughed. She was kind of irritated that he made the first shot, but at least someone was scoring, and it was funny so it didn't bother her that much.

"The language thing is harder than I thought, and I'm still working on becoming fluent," she said with a sigh. "I didn't have this hard of a time with French."

"I am not left handed, either!"
    Fisher said as she moved in to shoot the ball. She actually got through the angel's defense and the shot bounced of the backboard into the net.

"Dans ta gueule!" She said with a grin. "In your face," she kindly supplied in English, still grinning with good humor.

"I know quite a bit, and studied spirits, but still have a lot to learn culturally and spirit wise. I know enough now to know how much I don't know, which is frustrating."

The thyrsus looked interested in the topic about the drug connections, not enough to say omg total addict, but with enough interest to show that she appreciated the occasional high.

"That's cool, totally more fun getting high and stuff with friends, doing it by yourself just isn't the same," she nodded at the mention of acid. "Sure! I haven't done that as much as other stuff, but it's cool. I mean some thyrsus are all body is a temple and organic vegan types, I figure why not indulge? I mean I have life magic for a reason right? Why not do what I want and disappear the consequences?"

The young woman checked the ball to Star just as he had to her after his shot and then prepared her defense.

Shot: 2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-09-23 22:03:40 Fisher rolls 5 to Hooping it up (dex3 +ath2) Shooting (10 Again) 8, 5, 10, 7, 2, 4 2 successes
      Defense: 1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-09-23 22:00:29 Fisher rolls 5 to Hooping it up (dex3 +ath2) Defense (10 Again) 8, 2, 2, 1, 2 1 success

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Boom, there she is."

Legit smile. It's not a game until both people score.

"Cool, I'll rustle some up. So spirits? I mean, that's not super surprising but it's just a little surprising with your whole name and the rawr."
    Whatever sound the Angel produced didn't in any way represent the Thyrsus' nimbus accurately. "Figured you went, like, shifter style."

Fisher's defense got a dirty look and the Angel waved off chasing the ball -- opting instead to take up an advantageous position for defense.

"I'm super curious about them. I wasn't? For a long time. You know, part of the Lie, blah blah. Same with, like, ghosts. But I guess that doesn't mean I can't learn from them? Not, like, directly, like, conceptually. So. Million dollar question? Why Arrow. Lay it on me."

Blocked shot, failed recover, 2 Defend
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-09-25 18:48:02 Star rolls 5 to Defend damnit defend! (10 Again) 9, 2, 7, 8, 6 2 successes
    2016-09-25 18:47:50 Star rolls 5 to Recover the ball (10 Again) 1, 6, 2, 3, 5 failure
    2016-09-25 18:47:40 Star rolls 5 to Shoot the Ball (Dex + Ath) (10 Again) 8, 6, 4, 2, 3 1 success
    - Roald Dahl

Fisher

Eidetic Memory

PRE

"Well, I am focusing on life right now and I plan to use shifting, but spirits are important to know about too. They can effect so many things and people on our side of the barrier. Best to keep my eyes open and cover all my bases, ya know? I try to shore up my weaknesses when I find them so I don't want to be completely clueless about spirits as a thyrsus, how embarrassing would that be?" She asked with a grin.

Fisher collected the ball with Star avoiding it and made her shot. She was just able to break past Star's defense and executed a layup after spinning past the angel. She was a little happy that she seemed to get so lucky, but didn't gloat or anything to Star. Instead she bounced the ball to him.

"Well, it is kind of silly in a way," Fisher said sheepishly and a little embarrassed. "It has a little to do with my awakening. I saw a Fisher defending her kits from a lynx, bam, awakened. I thought a lot about that moment and the fisher beating the cat. When I learned about awakened society and the struggle against the enemy, I kind of resonated with that Fisher. I felt like it was a subtle message, because I like helping people, and defending humans of all varieties is an important misson. Arrows protect against the major violent threats, and protect sleepers until they are ready. It may look hopeless with a bigger predator coming for you, but if we remember why we fight it can be a huge source of strength and we can still prevail. I also see it as kind of a community service." Fisher looked to Star as she gathered up her defensive position. "How about you? Why guardians? For the secret decoder rings and the Double Oh Seven gig?"

recover 1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-09-28 21:12:06 Fisher rolls 5 to Hooping it up (dex+ath) Recovery (10 Again) 4, 10, 4, 7, 4, 1 1 success
      shooting 3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-09-28 21:12:23 Fisher rolls 5 to Hooping it up (dex+ath) Shooting (10 Again) 8, 3, 10, 6, 6, 10, 2 3 successes
      defend 1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-09-28 21:28:36 Fisher rolls 5 to Hooping it up (dex+ath) Defense (10 Again) 3, 9, 5, 4, 5 1 success

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Totes embarrassing, yo.

Like an Angel who sucked at Physics. Eyebrows bobbed into the mop while a few experimental dribbles were taken to let the question hang.

"The suits!"
    The ball hit the ground with a solid pound and he pushed past her in a rush towards the goal. "You know? The black suits. And sunglasses. And little memory eraser-thingees."

Pretty sure someone had even gotten their own Tommy Lee Jones.

"I'm, uh, still working on the memory thing. And cool car."
    He'd gotten his bitchy brunette morgue attendant, though. Score. "You know, I dunno. I think, like, it's one of those things. You know? How something just speaks to you. Like, in just one moment, you get it? And it, like, totally resonates."

Jump shot.

"Like, you know, Coke? Before you found out Coke is just super-awful for you and drank it but then suddenly you tried Vanilla Coke or Cherry Coke and it was all, like, day-yum. This is all me."

I am Jack's Soda-Pop Metaphors.

"So. Animals. What's your take on them? I mean, you know, the whole Part of the Lie thing? Or are they, like, reincarnations? How do they fit into all this? Drop some Shaman knowledge on me."

Score! Plus next Defense
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-09-29 12:15:08 Star rolls 5 to Defend the Goal! (Dex + Ath) (10 Again) 6, 1, 6, 5, 9 1 success
    2016-09-29 12:14:58 Star rolls 5 to Shoot the Ball (Dex + Ath) (10 Again) 9, 8, 8, 4, 7 3 successes
    - Roald Dahl

9. Likes liked this post

Fisher

Eidetic Memory

PRE

Fisher laughed at the MIB reference from Star and found it a pretty good closeness for Guardians actually once she thought about it for a bit. They were much more fun than Bond as well.

"Oh the flashie thingie? I would totally join for the flashie thingie," Fisher said with a chuckle.

"Yeah, just kind of all snapped together and I haven't looked back. I think it suits me, I'm a little too strait forward for all the sneaksy Guardian thing i think," she said with an apologetic shrug for her directness. "I'd end up like Will Smith as Agent J i think, amusingly out of my depth," she finished with a grin.

The thyrsus nodded in understanding at his pop reference. It totally made sense, sometimes all it took was for perceptions to shift slightly and suddenly it made all the difference. Total sense.

Fisher took the ball and moved in, but found herself blocked by Star's defense so she moved in for a fake. After a few steps she quickly reversed course, opened up some distance and shot. Swish. Nothing. But. Net. She grinned broadly at Star and bounced the ball to him before taking up her own defensive posture.

"Well I don't know about reincarnation, but I'd say they are more pure distillations of the supernal. The Primal Wilds is all about living according to your base drives and urges. Hunt, flee, feed, sex. Spirits are like that too. The live according to their nature, and are honest with what they want. There are no civilized notions of morality. Morality is a construct of the lie."

Shooting 4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-10-01 18:27:35 Fisher rolls 5 to Hooping it up (dex3+ath2) Shooting (10 Again) 5, 10, 9, 8, 9, 5 4 successes
      Defense 2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-10-01 18:34:34 Fisher rolls 5 to Hooping it up (dex3+ath2) Defense (10 Again) 1, 9, 6, 1, 8 2 successes

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Wait, what?"

Fisher gets the exaggerate 'Huh' face, complete with mouthing 'What' again and a scrunchy eye. Long fingers wave off the ball.

"All right, you win. But, like... rewind."
    A long finger spun counter-clockwise. "Morality being part of the Lie. I... doooooon't think that's exactly right. I mean, you may not know this, and I know this because I'm a Guardian, but, like, Good Behavior is totally a thing. Like, almost measurable even."

He let that sink in as he sunk to the floor. Legs that seemed unnaturally long splayed out as he leaned back into arms braced behind.

"'Dox. The worse a person is, the longer it lasts."
    - Roald Dahl

12. Likes Benji liked this post

Fisher

Eidetic Memory

PRE

Fisher wasn't sure if she should be happy or irritated with the fact that she was labeled the winner. She didn't really care about it all that much and wasn't sure that someone needed the title or not, but she got the impression that he just wanted to end the game to have a guardian discussion. She hadn't really seen him take much seriously, but her comments seemed to spark something in him. She was kind of glad for the fact that he was taking this seriously because it is something that kind of bothered her and she wasn't getting anywhere working through it on her own. What she needed was an outside opinion to give her perspective.

"Well," Fisher said kind of sheepishly and sat down cross legged across from Star, she refused to call it Indian style. She ran a hand through her hair as a play for some more time before finally just continuing. "It was something i heard from a few people. I'm not sure that they meant it literally, but that it was more a way to open up discussion or cause someone to stop and think. I mean I feel that there are a few actions that are inherently evil, you know like torturing babies for fun for example, and if that is true then that must mean that there is right and wrong. Because if there is one absolute that proves the likely existence of others. I have been been thinking about it a lot and trying to reconcile those feelings with the more animistic side of my path. I mean technically people are capable of doing anything, it is just a question of if it is a price they want to pay, it doesn't make it right though."

Fisher was interested in how Star would react to it and what his feelings on the subject were as she looked across the space between them.

14. Likes West liked this post
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread