Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Red Light Green Light

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

OCC
    PRE

Lightning shard rules! You may only post three times including entry and exit. Here is an example of a previous thread

It's a busy night in Downtown Sacramento, hot and sticky and as crowded as any city's late summer nightlife has a right to be.

A light floating above the intersection changes from red to green and as the drivers get their sometimes sleek and sometimes lumbering automobiles in motion, there's a resounding crunching noise that blends into a chorus of screeching brakes and outraged horn beeps. An orange jeep just clipped the front end of a beige toyota camry when it ran through the red light. Both drivers look dazed and shaken, but when the jeep's driver gathers his wits there's the peeling of rubber as he puts his vehicle in motion again, this time to escape the scene.

Brother Rat juggles his coffee between his hands as he fishes out his smartphone to catch the tail end of the retreating jeep. "Holy shit." He breathes into the suddenly silent street, just as everyone else starts talking at once.
    Active Spells: 2e Fortune's Protection (Rote), Sybil's Sight (Improvised)

no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

Wayland

Public Name: Richard "Richie" Holt
    Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

There was a small potted plant outside on the sidewalk and Wayland was staring at it with intense scrutiny. In jeans and a loose black coat he looked a little bit rougher than usual, to those who knew him. But thats probably cause he'd half baked out of his mind, and the plant was very interesting. Like, its some kind of [/i]living thing[/i], how does that even work yo!

The crunching sound of metal scraping metal snapped him away from the amazing-living-plant-of-awesomeness, and watched the jeep cut it and run.

"Did that just happen?" He asked the monkey with a spinny top hat that was riding a dolphin beside him. He imagined the monkey's name was Steve. Maybe he was a little more than half baked.

3. Likes Yumyumcrow, , West liked this post

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    (Emergency Services, Criminals)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu | Lancea Sanctum

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

(Blush of Life)Vitae 1 Spent
    NOS
    PRE

Where had Alice gotten to? Their nightly excursions are looking more and more like this: the Blind Doll off, exploring her newfound understanding of the world, and Cross doing what Cross does...which is what exactly? Brooding, glowering at Kine, occasionally grabbing a bite to eat.

That's when the cars collide.

For a moment, the Burned Man stands stock still, rooted in place, before turning to the Breather who happens to be standing beside him ( Brother Rat ), the one fumbling for his phone. "I know, right?" the words are out before he can stop himself. He's not one for talking to Breathers, but something about the violence of the incident almost makes him forget he's an Undead monster. Just another rubbernecker.

"You get that asshole's plate?" Nothing to do now but keep going. Besides, one look at his horribly scarred face and Mr. Coffee will probably walk, quickly, away.

5. Likes , West liked this post

Fame ●● (Cat Burglar)
    Zinta

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

"What? The steel and vulcanized rubber embodiment of the wreckage our lives have become? The screeching sound signaling the lack of any accountability we have towards our fellow man? The shock and surprise at what's right in front of us happening every day that we still question?"

My pale fingers send a cigarette butt sailing, and for a moment I picture it's one of my own digits being lost. Just like the job I was supposed to get the deets on. Pretty sure that Jeep was my contact. Now he'll go to ground and I've got to see what else is floating for freelancers on the Dark Web.

"No, that didn't just happen. You imagined it."

It's idiots like this that are killing us. Biological pollution, genetic waste that's suffocating us all. The skinhead's behind me now. Probably staring at my ass. It's enough to make me wish I'd started with a longer coat for My Jacket. I swear to god I will kick his ass if he touches me. This other guy, coming up, though?

Probably the most interesting thing I've seen all day.

I blow him a kiss.

Looking like that? Someone's gotta. Just to put a smile on his damn face for once.
    Shard Shade | ●● in Fame (Criminals / Cat Burglar) | ● in Status (Criminals)

7. Likes , Benji, unlimited sink liked this post

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    (Emergency Services, Criminals)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu | Lancea Sanctum

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

Well, Mr. Coffee seems a little busy with his phone. Probably for the best.

And anyway, what the fuck is this?

The kiss blown his way is met with a sneer rather than a smile. The scarred mouth twists into pucker of its own and the kiss is returned as a grotesque mockery of the gesture. All topped off when the tongue emerges to lick those lips, less sexual than just plain hungry.

Cross starts walking toward Z, brushing by him real close like. "Maybe I'll see you later..." It doesn't sound very inviting.

Fucking Breathers... Now, where's Alice?

The Burned Man makes his way off into the night.

Thanks for this brief bit of fun, all! Sorry to dip out so early.

9. Likes West, liked this post

0 Scenes

Vi Todd
    Summer Beast and Shard Shade
    Allocating 3 dots to DEX 4 and Athletics 2

Recon first. Vi wasn't one to walk blindly into any situation. Not anymore.

The fox'd heard interesting things as she traveled to the River City There'd been a dragon attack, and still the Lost didn't hide. Their Freeholders didn't let new 'lings travel around aimlessly until they were vetted, and only then were slowly brought into the fold. Fuck seasons past and all the fuckin' Courts were left Sovereignless! And if rumors could be believed they put on their big boy pants and picked new monarchs. And still they didn't fuckin' hide.

Vi smiled a vulpine gin. They had brass ones up here. Good.

When one knew what to look for following the signs around town wasn't that hard. Vi knew she'd be in deep shit if she left this to chance, so the fox followed the signs, and made her way into a club.

Only there was a slight problem with her plans.

Hearing the squeaking shriek of brakes sound out and the obnoxious horn honking had triangular ears twitching atop her mess of red curls. The swell of emotions pouring out of the witnesses had the fox, steal what she could to harden her mask ruddy, LED lit fur disappeared leaving only smooth tanned skin behind. She didn't like doing this. Her ears, her tail...hidden behind the fucking lie of her humanity. Always fucked up her balance.

Eyes glaring at the orange jeep that was speeding away. Why the fuck did it have to be orange? Most of her fur was orange! Fuck even her hair was orange! Taking this moment to regain her balance, Vi crosses her arms and ignores everybody.

11. Likes Yumyumcrow, West liked this post

Wayland

Public Name: Richard "Richie" Holt
    Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

Yo, Steve looks pissed. That was a lot of word vomit coming out of her mouth, but then she said it didn't happen. Wait, Steve is a she? Thats messed up bro. She-Steve had a nice ass though, you know, for a monkey.

Looking at the steel wreckage on the street, with half the bumper torn off, it kinda looked like an arm stretching away from the rest of the body. The more and more he looked at the wreckage, the more it started to look like the Statue of Liberty. Odd place for it, seeing as it should be on the other side of the country and all. Steve started talking to another angry monkey that Wayland decided to call Gary, before he left. Come to think of it, there were a lot of monkey-people around the intersection.

Wait a minute... monkeys... statue of liberty... that was our planet! "You maniacs, you blew it up. Damn you! Damn you all to hell!" Wayland drops to his knees on the sidewalk and pounds the ground with the base of his fist, much to the concern and disdain that any reasonable person would give a crazy person.

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

The tumult is clogging the street, blocking his path.

The mountain Green frowns and thrusts his chunky hands into his pockets. A speeding orange jeep. A clash of metal and the screech of tyres. Wreckage on the road. People milling about. Blocking his path. Yep... The big Elemental slowly puts the pieces of the puzzle together.

Heck! All he had done was head out for a walk through downtown; one of his patrols through the Freehold. But no! It had to be stupid muggles tonight! Why couldn't it be a lost hob or a hedgebeast or a...

An unfamiliar Beast, across the street. Damn it! The crowds! The car!

Glaring, Green can only ask a random passerby: "Someone call 911" while he stares helplessly across the street at the unknown Changeling, Vi Todd.

14. Likes liked this post

Fame ●● (Cat Burglar)
    Zinta

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

"At your line-up, maybe?"

Great. Bald, stout, and scarred is a fucking creeper. My loss. The best thing about a guy like that is that they fuck you like someone who hasn't touched someone else in years and might never get to again. Ah, who am I kidding. The sad truth is, Meyers-Briggs calls me an INTJ. Blah blah blah but the really interesting part is that nine times out of ten, my delicious imagination is better than reality. Especially when it comes to wet spots on beds, tissues, and telling someone to get the fuck out of my house or looking for my socks to get the fuck out of theirs.

I let that delicious imagination spend a few minutes on the red-head.

And, no, I'm not like that. Give me a latte and I can get lost in the milk swirls for days. Rain on a river? Oh, my god. I've stopped, and I'm still staring at the red-head, but now I'm debating doing the right thing.

Fuck me, I'm going to. This is what happens when you join Amnesty International in High School.

"Hey."
    I give The Penitent Man a tap with a steel toe. "Baked beans. The cops are coming. And you should probably not be here when they get here. "

Me? I definitely shouldn't.

"Get up. Start walking. Call a friend or a cab, no, don't look at me, this is all you get from me. I just checked my Good Deed box."

Now I'm walking. Gone.
    Shard Shade | ●● in Fame (Criminals / Cat Burglar) | ● in Status (Criminals)

16. Likes Cerberus, Yumyumcrow, liked this post

0 Scenes

Vi Todd

Staring as the man falls to his knees, arms uncross and are shoved into her jacket pockets.

The goth kid brings up a fair point.

Cops.

Vi needed to get the fuck outta here. The fox didn't know if her face was still being plastered around. Even if her Fetch was sittin' cozy in a cell, paying for the shit it caused. Most cops shot first and never bothered with the questioning part. Tearing an elastic off her wrist, she quickly ties up her mess off curls. She does a quick visual sweep, better to be safe then sorry, when they fall on the mountain.

The stone faced giant is hard to miss. Even from across the street. Sirens can be heard from a distance, and Vi pulls a hand out of a pocket to off the mountain a finger way and a vulpine twist to her lips.

Thinking thoughts that keep her namesake grin upon her lips the Vixen as she walks away, and into the night.

18. Likes West, Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread