Ended
Watch

(1609) Black Swan, Avis, et al...

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"You know, it's funny, we're standing in a building modeled, to an almost infinitesimally identical detail to a building in a London, but I really know fuck all about that place," Avis the rude priest replied.

"How'd you pick the name Black Swan, anyways? You really like Natalie Portman, or is it that you find yourself trapped in horrible nightmare world of hallucinations? Seriously, I wanna know. Shadow names are really pretty telling. More so than christian names. Christian names are just baggage. Well, and what allows us to reach out and touch someone, but let's forget about that. Shadow names, though, reveal a lot about someone. I'm curious what you want yours to reveal.

"I'm Avis, by the way,"
    she added, maybe a bit smugly. "Half Master of Pandemonium, and tip of the Dragon's Talons."
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

2. Likes liked this post

”Must be the Westminster Abbey?” She throws from the hip.

When the conversation steers into her shadow name she can only guess this would be part of whatever sanctioning they had. Mages had poped from nowhere into town and they weren’t aware of most of them, that either meant they weren’t prepared or it meant Sacramento was a busy hub of Mage life but by the way the Sentinel Wayland had received her she coudl only guess they just weren't prepared!

”Nah! None of that Portman non sense!” Black Swan replied defensively. She would never choose a shadow name based on someone else’s… and on top of that she would never admire someone above herself.

”It’s good to meet you Avis.”

“My s name…?”
    There’s a brief pause as she ponders, her hazel eyes turn lazy again and bored.

”To tell you the truth I like Swans… because they act quite the opposite of what they look like! And Black Swans, they are usually connoted with unexpected events.” Hopefully positive ones!

”Yours? Why Avis?” They were sharing after all. In the meanwhile she looks to the guy with the skateboard.

”Alright, I won’t take long, and I’m not a Seer…” There she said it. That made it all kosher, right? Star

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Don't worry about him, Avis advised, one hand unfurling to wave Star off. At least for now. It wasn't an official meeting, so he could hold his official horses. You don't accidentally teleport into someone everyday, goddamn it, and Avis would be pretty pissed if she wasn't able to finish getting acquainted with that person.

"And that's kind of a shame. I really liked that movie, but I guess I can understand wanting to have a name symbolize something a little less specific. Mine is very vague, actually. It's from a French word, means idea. But you also see it on warning stickers, too. Which fits. I can be caustic sometimes. Not unlike a swan, I suppose, so I think we might get along. Though I'm curious why you camw here."
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Curious? Interesting choice of words… Black Swan checked for signs of apprehension but there seemed to be none. ”Oh well, I guess there comes a time when you need to take the reins of your destiny and take wing.” Speaking of taking wing.

”Which reminds me, anyone here from the Mysterium? I’ve been meaning to contact my fellow Mystagogues… no success!" A brief shrug.

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

Sorry for dragging you behind!

Avis had stared off into space at Black Swan's question, her brows knitting together as though she were looking at something in supreme confusion. Which, was true. Her memories were all jumbled. Hadn't there been a museum that housed the Mysterium? A Mysterium run by...

Beth?

Shit, no, her memories were totally scrambled.

"I'd recommend hopping up on a pew and asking," she replied, finally.

Black Swan looks curiously at Avis when she seems to be lost in her train of thought… odd. Maybe confused? But at what? It was a simple question. And then the suggestion, maybe she hadn’t been around long enough as well and was just hoping from consilium to consilium.

”Bah! That’s not really my style…” Standing up on a pew and ask questions? Seriously, people did that? Her eyes appraised the rows of pews inside the cathedral… not for her, she finally decided.

”So… you being the tip of the Dragon’s talons I wonder, what keeps you busy most of the days? Who are the key people around here when it comes to decisions?" Her question while pertinent was an indirect way to understand how exactly things were around Sacramento… was the city crawling with Libertine and Apostate, was the diamond strong?

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Oh, ya know, the usual. Learning how to fuck people up. Doing what I can to make sure the Consilium is safe. Thinking of ways to help contribute." A shrug punctuated that words, Avis' mouth quirking to the side as she did so.

"And we have a Council. One person from each path. They make the decisions. And we're gonna have a Hierarch soon. A Ladder, named Truce. Talk to him if you want the political sit rep. Frankly, I really don't give a shit anymore. What's the point in harping on fine print when there's an entire fucking reality to try and fix?"

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella approached at an easy pace, unhurried and unforced.

"I hope I'm not interrupting but I was hoping to pass on my greetings. Campanella, Alchemist on the Path of Doom, Alae Draconis. Recently arrived in town and seeking to make your acquaintance." He inclined his head respectfully to both women. "The community is small here so I believe it is important that we at least know of one another."
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Black Swan seems a bit surprised by the way Avis responded, she furrows her brow in a pensive mood and answers with the hint of sarcasm, or maybe was it that it was her true opinion?
    ”In the end that’s all there is to it? Fucking people up… this is all a big big mess.” And then of course her smile broadens just slightly as Avis goes around describing her view on politics.

”I think we are going to get along really well.” She states in a clear sentence outlining the practicality of the first talon was a welcome reprieve.

As Campanella approaches she smiles to her fellow Mystagogue.

”Oi! You are the new Mystagogue? Welcome, I’m new to, fresh from London. Took wing and decided to land in Sacramento!” What else could she say?

”I’m Black Swan, Theurgist on the Path of the Mighty!” Always wanted to say that!

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

"Well then. I guess my studies won't be done alone then. I was starting to wonder if there were any Mystogogue's left in town. From what I have heard we... experienced a dramatic collapse. It make the rumours swirling around so much more personal. And fascinating."

Campanella could not help but return the smile - a wry twist to his mouth supplemented by a gleam in his eye.

"I very much look forward to working with you in the future. In fact..." And here he paused. In part it was to let the impact of Avis' words regarding the Council wash over him; in part it was awkwardness at breaking into the conversation; and in part it was for being quite so forward. However, Seize the Day was a good maxim for the times, so he ploughed on. "...If you are new, perhaps you might be still seeking a Cabal? I understand that Solitaries and Independents don't enjoy the full range of rights that Awakened in union do - Brother Rat and myself are seeking to build a Cabal rather than foster. Perhaps you might be interested in joining our little experiment?" He shifted over a few steps and gestured back to where Brother Rat stood.

A breath. "Please forgive me if I'm being forward. We are looking for numbers in order to get our little project off the ground and formally announced while the community is gathered." His speech was a little hasty, a timbre of nervousness creeping into his voice.

And of course, there was the implications of what Avis had said.

"Fix reality?" A pulse throbbed briefly at his jaw as he composed himself. Was this the source of the strange and conflicting tales he had heard? Heavens above! Could the Seers even do that?
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

12. Likes Cayce, West liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread