Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1609) Sanctuary 2

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 10 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last

Strix

(Unseen Aegis (1 pot))Mana 0 Spent
    PRE

Visiting the Circle would probably turn out to be a common thing to do for Strix, what with it being all but the HQ of the Sacramento mages. At least those mages that mattered. Banisher and Seers didn't count; at least, the formers were crazy and deserved some pity, before remembering that they'd probably happily flay you alive for one crazy reason or another. The latter deserved all that came to them, though.

Strix was dressed casually as he often was, wearing only a simple dark-red tee and a pair of blue jeans that had quite a number on holes on it. The shirt had some small and mostly washed out bird-like critter on the left side on his chest. Along with the ensemble, he had opted for a pair of simple black sneakers. If anyone asked, he was not above claiming he was going completely with the style of fashion, what with holes in jeans having made a comeback from when he was in school. Or longer ago, even.

Besides, it wasn't like this was an official thing here, he'll dress a little more appropriate for that one. Possibly.

When he had first been at the Circle, he hadn't had much time to check it out, so passing by the courtyard to first hear the sound of a ball bouncing off the ground and hitting metal, then a familiar (and hard to forget) voice saying his name got him curious.

Poking his head into the courtyard, he grinned to see Fisher play basketball all by herself, then he walked over to join close to Tuesday so not to interrupt Fisher in her current solo game. "Strix knows he's here," he said in way of greeting, glancing over to Fisher and nodded at her, adding a friendly, "Hey, Fisher."

Anyone looking would see mystical protection hum in Strix's pattern. He had decided against casting any magical sight for today when he had gone and prepared to leave his for the Circle.

Unseen Aegis cast in personal Sanctum before attending Sanctuary
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-08-31 17:58:33 Strix rolls 4 to Unseen Aegis (Gnosis + Matter) (10 Again) 1, 10, 5, 6, 3 1 success

Fisher

Extempor. Affinity: •••••
    Eidetic Memory

PRE

Fisher slowed to a stop panting slightly when she was approached and addressed.

"Oh hey Tuesday,"
    she said with a smile. "Not much just getting my globetrotting on. Working off some calories. I think I missed my calling."

The thyrsus whistled the globetrotter theme and dribbled the ball between her legs for emphasis for a few times before stopping and grinning to her cabalmate.

"The Unicorn speaks
    She seeks the Necromancers
    The ill omen is there."

Fisher said pointing to Strix with one hand while clutching the basketball under the other arm. She was grinning at Tuesday due to her cheesy haiku that she was rather proud of.

"I think Wayland is over there," she said pointing across the way to Truce and party. Fisher bent over to set the basketball down on the ground and then placed one foot on it to hold it in place.

"Hey Strix. How goes?" So looks to those close enough to hear and asked with a broad smile while wiggling her eyebrows suggestively in a teasing manner. "Anyone up for a game of shirts and skins?"

The newcomer gets a curious look and Fisher waits to see if she approaches anyone or if anyone else approaches her...like a sentinel for instance.

3. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Smirking, “You got this, you’ll do fine.” She tried to reassure him before turning her attention to the other guy.

Ah, so this was Wayland. The face was familiar now, and she offers him a friendly smile,

“I don’t see a problem with it, maybe we can all get together at the Sanctum over lunch or dinner? Kinda get to know each other and all that.” She offers. Lunch or dinner was a good neutral event, plus, she would like to get to know them better before sharing a Sanctum with them.

Wayland

Public Name: Richard "Richie" Holt
    Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

He grins as he looks at his clothes, clearly not concerned. "Furnace? Nagh man, but not far off, ya know? Just fixin' some old plumbing. But Bastion Ascendant was formed as a temp cabal, it's just a shame that it actually was a temp thing I guess."

Feet shuffling nervously in front of the riveting woman, but releaved she wasn't totally against the idea. "Yeah that'd be great hey, work some shit out." Smooth Wayland, smooth. "Ahh, I mean, it'd be great to get to know everyone propper."

Something grabs his attention from the corner of his eye. There is movement, and not just from the people in the courtyard. Then there was an unfamiliar voice. One that didn't belong. Then his eyes latch onto the offender, the intruder to their home. Without apology, Wayland leaves his conversation with Truce and Faye and walks with purpose to the new comer as the adrenaline dump floods his system. "Yo! Ma'am, I think you got the wrong place. This ain't a church no more, so it's like, private property yeah?" There is a pressure tucked into the back of his waist line, he can feel it. Two and a half pounds of steel and lead waiting to be drawn.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

"Dinner, yes. That would be lovely." It would be presumptuous to think Faye would accept members into their Cabal without at least that much. And after having Veiled Threats over for a barbecue, providing meals seems to be their thing now. Call it Southern hospitality.

Then Wayland abruptly departs. Truce's eyes follow the subject of his attention, a rather plain woman that seemed to have escaped his notice. Though the Circle had workings in place that often deterred Sleepers from approaching the cathedral, some more willful individuals have been known to bypass the defenses. Or more likely, the woman is Awakened. Either way, a new face among them is cause for concern.

Truce follows Wayland to meet the gray-clad woman, a soft smile on his expression.

"I'm certain the lady has a purpose for coming here, Wayland. Let us hear her out. How may we assist you, Miss...?" Truce asks, subtly requesting her name and expecting a Shadow Name to be given.

A thug moving to intercept her… had she been trolled by the supposed Herald of Sacramento?

”Oi, sorry mate!” Black Swan opens the palms of her hands trying to calm down the man who had just broke conversation to engage her.

”I mean no harm… I mean, me old china, Vanesa, she told me to come here! I can leave if you want… and I don’t have money with me!” Hazel eyes somehow no longer seem lazy, they dart from object to object and assess. Which one would be better fit to open the man’s skull? Or to gauge his eyes? Or maybe just slice his carotid?

The motorcycle was nearby. Maybe all she needed was to be fast, tat was probably the wisest approach.

But a second man, more cool and genteel shows up. ”Me? I’m Jane, but me friends call me Black Swan.”

She eventually tries to make time to start observing, searching for resonance or for the strong of tapestry pulled by others like her. Maybe they would do the same to.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

kkkkkkkk-k-tunk-kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk-ktunk-kkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Hear that sweet, sweet rumble? Anyone that's ever obsessed over tightening trucks or taping decks knows it. Four on the floor, fatties, surfin' concrete. Because he'd talked to Crowley about it.

No, that's totally not blood on the khakis.

"Truuuuuuuuuce!"

Nothing makes a statement like a power slide stop.

"Sup. Faye. Way-Way. Truce. Where's Crowley. Check..."

Boom. See that? Kick the skateboard, pops up into hands. Still got it. That's a skill, yo. Recognize.

"...This out."

Look. The bottom of the board. This. Epic. Skateboard.

"Can you believe that?
    Theories Of Atlantis. How cool is that. Who's this. Anyway. Crowley?"

Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

She could hear Wayland's voice the moment she stepped into the church. And she supposed he was just doing his job, but really, it wasn't as though this was the first time a new mage had arrived at the Circle of Creation without being introduced to him first...

Varyx's heels clicked against the floor and she walked up behind Black Swan, offering Wayland a placating smile. "Relax, Wayland. It's as she said: I gave her this address. She's recently arrived in town." Her attention turned to Swan and she dipped her head apologetically. "You'll have to excuse our Sentinel. I hope you can understand he's simply doing his job."

Her phone rang and she sighed, drawing it from her purse. "Ah, you'll have to excuse me. If any of you need me, feel free to come grab me, but otherwise, I'll be back in a few minutes." And she stepped outside to take her call.

Gonna be away next week.
    Wanted to come help defuse the thing with Wayland, but otherwise I'm not going to be posting here again until sometime after the 10th.

10. Likes Wod.Infant, , Cerberus, West liked this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Sneaky Necromancer is Sneaky.

Set to turn so she could talk to both Fisher and Strix, and not you know have her back to the guy, when Fisher's impromptu haiku has Tuesday blurting, "Cool. Hey Strix. One sec. Fisher! Wow. Was that planned? Do you do that? Like preform? Do you want musical accompaniment?"

Hazel eyes track over to where Fisher points, welp. He seems busy. Focusing back on Strix. "Sooooo" she draws out. "Sorry about Bastion's Ascendant. It's probably not gonna happen now. Sorry. Ran into Star once day. He offered me a theater. Soooo yeah. I'm going with Veiled Threats. A slice of nothing verses a theater..." hands palms up used to weigh the options. Theaters always won. Bitches love theaters.

"So you know that if this happens we're gonna have to be skins right?" Tuesday asks Fisher. "Not like the guys would want it another way." Blinking at the telltale sound of someone skating up, Tuesday turns around, to see the others congragating. "Or we could go over there and be sociable. Plus, still gotta talk to Wayland."
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

12. Bump Yog-Sothoth "Bump" this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Seemed they both agreed to have a sit down, which worked out for her. And isn’t that part of being a Hearthmaster, group dinners and whatnot?

“Great! I’ll get things setup and then send a text for the time?” this would be fun! And maybe less strange then the barbecue with VT.

And then like that, Wayland was all up in a new faces business. Which she supposed was part of his job, but he could have been a tad friendlier.

She walks over with Truce, standing off to his side, simply observing the situation before jumping in.

Old china? What the hell was an old china? Then she mentions knowing Varyx, which should defuse the situation.

Before she can say anything, Star appears…on a skate board? Huh, that was new. Or maybe not new and she was just outta the loop.

“Hey Star, nice board.” She compliments when he shows off the bottom of the board.

And then Varyx is there, defiantly defusing the situation before disappearing.

“Welcome to Sacramento. I’m Faye, Acanthus Councilor and Thčarch.”

Page 2 of 10 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread