Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
Vampire 2016

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Last year, we made a lot of changes.

I think that all of them were successes, although we haven't seen much of The Beast's Hackles in gameplay. It was still nice to see that pretty significant tweaks could be made, and absorbed. So...

Requiem 2016

Ghouls and Mortals
    They're officially returning, and playable as PCs. However, as before and as bandied about in Chat, they must be attached to a major template/Vampire character in some way. Maybe the Mortal doctor is Konrad's night doctor. Maybe the ghoul is Cody's replacement. The reason for this is that these minor templates have to hook into the game:
    - They need a reason for existing in the Vampire sphere
    - They need a reason that a random Vampire wouldn't kill them for lolz

Understand, though, two important things:
    - Ghouls and Mortals are squishy (like, really squishy)
    - Kindred aren't obligated to treat either with anything like respect

Ghouls should also follow the guidelines of the Ghouls sourcebook -- that is, there are massive themes of addiction and usury that go along with being a ghoul.

Multiple Characters
    Yep, that's coming back, too. You can have a second toon in Requiem again; however:
    - You have to have been active for six months first.
    - Multi toons can't be in the same Clan, Covenant, Coterie, etc.
    - Multi toons cannot work towards the same goals.

Crossover
    Ohhhhh, the big one. Strap in. And let me say first, this is highly fucking experimental and could get nixed. We've struggled with crossover. We're a crossover site, allegedly, that doesn't do crossover or reveals. So Vampire is going to see about changing that. And this is for Vampire only.

Your toons can get help from other, non-Vampire toons, for plots.

For example, David Regan could get Ava to help him look at his blueprints. Or go explore the sewers.

Your toon cannot get help from other, non-Vampire toons, for Domain politics (pvp).

For example, Martha could NOT get Varyx to Scry on David Regan.

Now, this is a big change, so let's drill down a bit:

Sensible Reveals
    Reveals can happen... but they need to make sense. Maybe Ava sees David get shot and wonders why he doesn't bleed. Maybe Martha sees bullets curve around Varyx' Space Shield. But keeping your secret should be just as important -- no reveals for the sake of reveals.
    - A reveal should NOT include the particulars of your society. Maybe David could tell Ava that Martha is a colleague, but not that they both belong to a mystical sect devoted to overcoming the Curses.
    - Reveals should NOT include weaknesses that could be used in PvP against other supers.
    - No one can OUT another character.

There's a lot of potential, fun drama here. Let's just be cool about it, though.

At it's core, a reveal should be a Big Fucking Secret. Every venue's society has big proscriptions against reveals, and probably pretty harsh consequences for those caught making revelations. If, when, a Reveal happens, its going to be closely scrutinized. Bad reveals would be the main reason for discontinuing this new experiment.

Changelings
    Changelings are going to be OOC limited in Vampire.
    - No Kenning to out Vampire PCs
    - No Pledges with Vampire PCs
    - A Changeling must have been active for six months prior to crossing over

Mages
    Mages are going to be OOC limited in Vampire. It's going to be necessary to keep Vampire plots 'playable' for their primary focus -- Vampire characters.
    - No Divination spells
    - No Sympathetic spells
    - No Mage Sight on Vampire PCs
    - A Mage must have been active for six months prior to crossing over

However your characters want to rationalize it is fine, but that's an OOC expectation from Changelings and Mages coming into the Vampire 'space'. These restrictions may get tweaked after we see how things go, but there it is.

I know there's bound to be plenty of questions -- fire away.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

If you noticed a chill wind blowing and the sun hiding its face in the sky, it was probably because I have been made Head ST of the Vampire venue. West is moving to the Supernal shores to direct the fates of mages, leaving me to play with the blood nights and personal horror of the undead.

This game in particular has been running for nearly a decade now (and perhaps longer) so its actually become quite special to me and a lot of people. I hope that I can continue the tradition and keep the Domain of Sacramento moving forward confidently into the future.

No Mechanical Changes

A lot of house rules were changed and/or established in 2015. Most of them have only just got bedded down; a few have only been utilised a couple of times, not enough to decide if they add value or not; and some have not yet been tested in practice. So for now, I'm not changing anything in regards to the existing setting and house rules.

I figure there is a lot change in the winds on the site, with one venue going through a "soft" reboot and another being taken under the wing of a very different ST Team. It will be good to have an island of stability in all of this, and for the moment Vampire is it (rules wise).
    Last edited by West; Feb 10th, 2017 at 07:31 PM.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

Titles

I am repealing the "One Title per Character" rule.

It was originally put in place when the venue had some 20+ Vampire characters and of those, only a bare handful had any meaningful Titles (and the responsibilities that went with them). This was done to extend the possibilities for those seeking a leadership role. Times have changed and there are simply too few characters for this to continue. I've noticed that, in some cases, the rule has been observed quietly in the breach on more than one occasion due to necessity.

There has also been an unintended consequence of dropping duties on characters (and players) who might not necessarily want them. Good on people for stepping up but I want to encourage play, not worry about "doing things the right way".

So I'm striking it down the rule.

If a given character wants more than one Title then they can attempt to acquire them. They will no longer be constrained by an arbitrary rule citing they can only be Priscus or Covenant Head or whatever.

Please enjoy.

4. Likes deltadream, Jaqen, West, liked this post
Closed Thread