Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1608) Eternal Court

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

The Nox Populi Nightclub.
    In the heart of downtown Sacramento there is a place of intrigue, excitement and entertainment. The modern flare of this venue is host to exclusive parties. The seduction of this establishment may take you away as you drink, dance and socialize. There are private services available upon request. The best DJ’s in town are in line to play a wide variety of music. Some of you may dine…as long as you have your VIP pass.

As Kindred arrive at Nox, they are discreetly met and led to the back of the club; some may recognize the area leading to rear stairs upward. The space downstairs is decorated in dark, rich woods and expensive furniture. There's a coat room that will also hold one's 'unmentionables'; namely, weapons, at the foot of the stairs. There are also private areas, dark, and furnished with soft couches, as well as meeting rooms with conference tables and chairs, and an area with several televisions. The Court area is decorated with long black and purple silken drapes cascading from floor to ceiling. Draped in elegant bunches and gathered into valances across door frames and between supporting pillars; the lighting is intentionally low, and the dull throb of music upstairs creates a low, rumbling pulse.

The common area circles the Court proper, and it becomes apparent that this is not decorated for a single evening. Small symbols note areas for Kindred only that branch off of the Commons, which will be necessary once those Kine privileged enough to see behind the Masquerade filter in: ghouls, herd members, or even devotees.

Another evening; another Danse. For some it will their first, for some it shall be their last. After all, this is the Prince's Elysium, and subject to the Laws of the Domain.

And, of course, there's a new Seneschal and Reeve.

Eternal Court is open once more...

Please remember that Predator's Taint is in effect and role-play is expected, or rolls will be asked for!

This is a great place to get Acknowledged

C
    Casitive

Once upon a time, the club was called Avalon. And, during that faraway time, David mused over it's name, the etymology, and the fact that somewhere along the line Avalon related to the word Apple. Once again, David finds himself fascinated by the rapid Change that seems so natural to the Domain, this time characterized by a new Seneschal and Reeve. As David travels the steps downward into the Court proper, he fiddles with the Egyptian Blue tie turned pocket-square sitting in his blazer's pocket.

One night, an examination of the Change in the Domain and it's effects would have to be written.

Thoughts of the study would have to wait and though he knows he's early, David braces himself for the onslaught of the weak and the pretenders who will inevitably come. David's steps are slow and measured while deft fingers graze the backs of the soft-couches all sitting in constellation around one another. It's moments like these that he can catch his proverbial breath. That scant few moments before the storm comes and the throb from upstairs provides the beat to a danse, rather than mimic a heartbeat lost to them all.

The Shadow Priscus turns his attention to the stairs, anticipating a parade of monsters.

V
    Vivian York

Vivian strolled down for another night of Elysian fun at the Nox. She wore a basic outfit, with shorts and black nylons running up her legs. Her gloves black lace, complimenting the little jacket that made her look ever so perky.

As she began to look around, though she may not have felt another Beast, her own was anticipating the coming of the evening. It was par for the course when there were these gatherings. Every time they gathered, there was a fifty-fifty chance the night could go sour. Yet, her glass was half full… unfortunately not with Blood at the moment. She would try her damnedest to stay positive, at least for now. Embracing the summer while the Daeva could, but it seemed like the season lasted longer in California.

Sauntering up to her Coterie mate, she slightly hip checked him while her arms were in the air. As if she was hitting a dance floor at some 70’s nightclub. “Hey there slim shady!”

Vivian leaned slightly to him. “Get it? You’re thin and a Shadow?” Her brow cocked, hoping for a laugh and she waited with the look of wonder if he’d laugh or make a face.

M
    Matrixchild

With night came what could only be described for many as "Sacramento Kindred: What Do They Know. Do They Know Things? Let's Find out." Meeting with someone individually certainly told you some things but it had become clear to Joseph that Elysium was where the really interesting things happened. Shotgun executions. Total Collapse and Dismissal of a Reeve. The Promotion of Gilroy to Seneschal status. Other than the fact that failure to attend could result in shame and embarrassment, Court truly was where you needed to be at night.

As Joseph entered wearing a calm blue suit with matching vest and tie over a white shirt he looked down and immediately saw a Kindred that stirred both the beast and his interest. Vivian York. Even in a basic outfit she was exquisite and he found himself drawn to her. The beast on the other hand was focused on images of her beautiful naked body and how much more beautiful her exposed entrails would make the image. Of course he had no interest in the beast's final version, merely the naked visage that came with it.

Nearby was another Kindred he enjoyed speaking to, but had not had the full pleasure to talk to at length. "Good evening Vivian." He of course greeted her first, with a smile and slight bow of his head. Then, looking towards David and offering another bow of his head, he said, "Good evening Priscus Regan. How are you both doing this fine evening?"

The buffer of a month allowed one to shore up the walls of the Beast's enclosure, one that was very much needed. A fact Jacob was reminded of as the Beast twisted in fear of the only predator it could feel. Other than a clenched jawline he revealed no indication of his terror. He disliked showing up before the throng had arrived, which is exactly why he is here early. Without forcing himself to do things he was uncomfortable with Jacob would slip into a lifestyle morbidly dictated by an arbitrary structure. So his walked across the floor to where the other three gathered -- in spite of his discomfort and fear.

"Good evening." He smiled to the group, then swiveled his head to David "Priscus." He finished with a nod.

6. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    C
    Casitive

It's never just one and no Kindred arrives alone. Vivian arrives with her beast in tow, stronger now than it has been in recent months – another change, an expected change. But it is still weak and the Shrike begs to grab Vivian by her perfectly coiffed hair and to rip her apart for the simple crime of intruding upon him. Knowing who she is inures him, like drinking poison drop by drop – night by night, and the man within is able smother the impulses until they are black and blue and nothing but an easily ignored murmur in the back of David's mind. A breath David didn't realize he was holding escapes his lips as time resumes its normal pace.

Call Vivian Cassandra because David certainly makes a face and asks with a confusion laden voice, “Slim... Shady?” Blinking twice and after Vivian explains the furrowed confusion dissipates and David's mouth opens into a silent 'O.' A small guffaw follows afterward but as he's still recovering from his confusion the laugh doesn't quite blossom. “I think I understand now,” David completely missed the advent of rappers like Eminem. He can only keep up with one facet of Kine popculture and for David, it's literature and film.

Greenberg's voice entrances and if this was another place, another time, the man might even charm vipers. Instead, it charms vipers of a different sort: Kindred. Greenberg's greeting catches David's ear and the Shadow Priscus turns towards it, offering the man a bow of his head, “Mr. Greenberg. I'm fine; Vivian just surprised me with a vivacious greeting. How are you?” A small, self-effacing smile finishes David's statement.

Maddox's arrival causes David to nod in the man's direction, “Mr. Maddox. Good to see you. You remember everyone from Formal Court, yes?”

V
    Vivian York

“Vivian, vivacious, voluptuous, vixen. All the best things seem to start with V.” The Daeva held her arms up like she was displaying her whole person.

“Mmmm, hello Joseph.” She said in a manner that may have sounded as if she was about to devour Crème brûlée. She hadn’t the faintest idea why he was bowing to her in the Nox when she held no title of note. “I am right as rain. I do enjoy being showered though.” The Daeva winked to the Haunt.

Curses, I hate that I don’t recall meeting some people.

She couldn’t recall if the guy who came up directly to David if she’d met before, just saw in passing or had been introduced formally. He seemed to latch on to her coterie mate repeatedly. She moved her hand forward to Jacob. “Good evening, Mr. Maddox.”

M
    Matrixchild

And so another Kindred came hiding their true nature. It was a relief for Joseph's internal struggle against the beast, though not for his growing curiosity. With a simple smile he said to the man, "good evening Mr. Maddox," just like those around him. There wasn't much he knew about the man other than his strange desire to join Joseph's ill fated library tour.

Joseph enjoyed David's characterization of Vivian's response as vivacious, though he was finding himself enjoying anything related to her, but he did have to focus on the man for a moment. In response he said, "I am doing quite well, thank you. Just another evening enjoying the city. You know though, I never did get a chance to show you the library. We may need to find some time in the future for that."

As he watched Vivian display herself he couldn't resist a smile. "That's wonderful to hear, but wouldn't you need to get dirty first?" asked playfully, giving her his own wink.

Jacob smiled broadly, "I know of them yes... but I have yet to make their formal acquaintance."
    He almost flinched as Vivian reached towards him, almost. A split second of eying her hand dubiously was washed out by propriety and relief. He grasped her hand firmly, keeping that smile up, and trying to ignore the renewed rustling of the Beast in contact with one so much more powerful. "A good evening to you as well, Ms. York."
    After finishing shaking Vivian's hand he rotated to offer the same hand to Joseph. "And you as well Mr. Greenburg. Both of you feel free to call me Jacob" He laughed then, "So sorry to interrupt your evening with formalities."

He was still awaiting the promised call from David, it had been a month but surely he was a busy man. It would not be gracious of him to mention it yet. Maybe next month if nothing had occurred.
    But gods was he impatient.

C
    Casitive

We do,” David agrees with a small nod in the Nosferatu's direction. The man's subdued refinement eclipsing the wholly banal presence of the Mekhet. “I've been quite busy this last month,” David mentions to Greenberg, “but I should be freer now. Give me a call and we'll set up a night and time?” Of course, what David was busy with will remain a mystery for now.

Maybe in a way that comment could explain to Maddox.

Vivian's comments bring a bit of a chuckle to David's lips, though in his mind, A seems to be a wonderful letter too.

Making a quick glance to an ancient leather bound watch, David casts another glance towards the stairs.

Unless, Mr. Greenberg, you have a night and time you have in mind already?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread