Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
Conscientious Objector

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.

"One thousand...five hundred...and three," a tiny emotionless voice barely audible over din could be heard. There was a loud clearing of a throat and then Fisher spoke up louder at a normal speaking voice.

"One thousand...five hundred...and three. Because that is how many people die. How can you all just stand there and talk about killing innocent people like that?!" She looked around at everyone pleadingly with tears welling up in her eyes. "You're all monsters. How can you possibly even consider that that is ok? What gives any of you the right to choose to kill those people so thoughtlessly? Fifty four children die that night. CHILDREN!" she shrieked the word as she repeated it.

She shuddered to herself as she remembered a certain child that she was directly responsible for brutally killing and eating in front of her mother in another timeline. Was that how it started? Making compromises? Allowing things to happen for the greater good? Then taking that first step to unspeakable crimes to save humanity?

"No!"
    Fisher said her voice normal once more, her cheeks still wet. "I refuse to allow that to happen. We just have to stop it right? If we pitch the stuff over the side then they would need to find it in twelve thousand feet of water over literal miles of ocean. For all we know sinking it is what they want, i can think of a lot of horrific things that can be done with one thousand five hundred and three sacrifices in ritual. What about you? Besides talking about sinking something at this point is pretty premature."

"No! we find another way," she said flatly her voice resolute.
    Awesome post! I loved it! Loved it, loved it, loved it! This is exactly what we needed! A moralistic perspective, and one heavily tied into your character, to boot!

Well done!

Now I'm gonna try and reply to it...

2. Likes Origins, InvertedMonkey, West liked this post
    M
    Matrixchild

...there's a soft glow of resonance from the necklace she wears.
    You can't fool me West . I know the Heart of the Ocean when I see it. Now I wonder though who will do the drawing and who will do the posing...

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

muahahhahahaahaaaaa
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

I'll ask it again: when does Billy Zane show up?

6. Likes Yog-Sothoth, liked this post

0 Scenes

Mine and Tuesday's thoughts exactly!

Well for the necklace.

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Adamantine Arrow Status •
    Victoria Stamford

The titanic, a necklace, and no whirlwind romance for Fisher. What a waste.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Every story needs a few laughs, right?!

Later, in the cabin...

Everyone but July: "We found the Heart of the Ocean! Laaaaaa~ !"

July: "..."

"...I found an entire cargo hold full of zombies."
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

0 Scenes

Well. If Fisher really, really wants a whirlwind romance....Tuesday will totally be her wingwoman.

A

This Titanic adventure keeps bringing me back to humming "My Heart Will Go On" to myself, then groaning when I catch myself.

Zombies, though. That'll be fun XD

12. Likes West liked this post
+ Reply to Thread