Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
141 - 150
DISPLAYED
Introduce Yourself

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 15 of 32 First ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... Last

Twist Scenes

Hello! I am a complete newbie to this site. I was looking for a forum for nWoD games that has a list of rules similar to this one and I am very happy to have stumbled in here. I like most of what I have seen from posting-rules here. My only slight gripe is the edit for 5 minutes I just saw. I usually edit and re-edit my posts.

Regardless, I have experience in Forum gaming but most forums are different from each other. I am also a bit rusty on the rules, which I read they are mandatory in the no "FoB" part so I plan to catch up. I saw a loooong list of material I have to read before I even start to make my character and I would do just that. So, I don't expect to have a draft ready for a few days at least.
    My posting habits are usually 2-3 posts per week, but early-game they are more frequent. The length of my posts varies but I avoid one-liners.

I am here to play with people not play against people. I understand PvP is part of this game and so be it, and I join this forum knowing that PvP can occur. I just don't like it and would avoid it, if possible. Not that my character would (necessarily) be a pushover.
    I am not a diva and if I am approved to join a game, the opinions you would see from my character don't necessarily reflect the opinions of me as a person. I would assume the same for most people.

My Don'ts have to do with sexual violence but when it comes to battle or descriptions of violence I am not squeamish. I am not much into gore but I won't walk away from a scene because there's a paragraph-long description of victim_833's bloody remains on the furniture. I believe gore and shock value have their place in horror games but I don't necessarily equate horror with creative ways to slice people. What I am also adverse at, although I tolerate it if the story is good, are games that are "kinda predestined to lead the character to failure." I can fail all my own, I assure you. I don't need the STs to stack the story in the direction to make my character's life miserable. From what I've read so far this is not such a forum.

As for XP progress, generally, I prefer slow-ish XP progression. I read in some of the threads I skimmed that the "expected" XP progress is 1-10 XP/month. I expect that this fluctuates depending on how much you accomplish in a given month.

At the time, I am mostly interested in Mage:the Awakening but I haven't read the house rules or the venue rules so I can't comment on it. I plan to make a bookish mage that is not a recluse but that's just a starting idea that I may change completely.

Last but not least, I am not a native English speaker, so I may make the occasional mistake, although I am proficient in English.

Thank you all for this opportunity, this forum seems quite like what I would want at first glance. I hope I am also up to standards since a game it's not just about what I want but what we want.
    I will totally find something cool to put here - eventually.

2. Likes Asuryan liked this post

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

Hi Fed!
    Welcome to the site. We love welcoming new members, and have a discord channel that you can join to ask more live questions. We do all of our gaming on the forum.

While we have a lot of history, we don't want that to be an intimidation. You don't have to read 10 years of posts to "catch up". We're here to help, and you you have fun!
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

4. Likes Fedup liked this post

Twist Scenes

OK, question 1 please:
    I read that the game is in Sacramento and just "locations" there from. Sorry for the n000b question, but I have been checking for some time and I only see "locations" for Sacramento, not the usual "blurb" that explains what Sacramento is in the WoD, with a short history of the secret societies etc. Could someone please direct me to the right pages? A link would suffice.

...Could someone please direct me to the right pages? A link would suffice.
    Welcome to the game
    I am not sure what you are asking, the wiki has a bunch of detail on all the different locations that are in play. It details the different areas that are claimed as territory by the different splats and even has briefs about the game cannon of other cities that has been established.

http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Help:Contents
    I am like a fine cheese. Old and smelly and usually best when accompanied by wine.

Twist Scenes

Welcome to the game
    I am not sure what you are asking, the wiki has a bunch of detail on all the different locations that are in play.
    I was looking for a page that briefly explains the city of Sacramento and it's supernatural history, not the locations one by one. I.e. a page that gives the "lay of the land".

Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra
    Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra

Mage

Vampire

Changeling

Worth noting, this was found in the Wiki under the Main Pages. As this is not a 'splat' each venue has its own history.

9. Likes Ruach, Fedup, Sanityawol liked this post

Twist Scenes

Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for.

11. Likes Ruach, Sanityawol liked this post
    D

Gage
    Resources
    Blush of Life
    Gage Lioncourt

Hello; new player here. I've been probing the site now for a few days, reading posts, and I seem to like it.
    Being perfectly candid, I was searching for a pbp for V:tR 2e, mainly due to the fact that I'm partial to the way the Disciplines work with Conditions. That being my only reservation, there is nothing wrong at all with 1e. I've roleplayed most of my teenage life, and long to get back to it. It was DnD 3.5, and then moved to Pathfinder upon discovering that. I always enjoyed story telling, intrigue, and plot more than dungeon crawling hack'n'slash. Discovering world/chronicles of darkness has been bittersweet; though I like the system a lot more, as it rewards storytelling and not monster slaying, any time I've tried finding organized games either A) local gaming stores don't offer Wod/Cod, and internet searches land me at V:tM, which I'm not really interested in. I live in Montana, USA, which for anyone else in the area can attest, is an RPG barren wasteland even for DnD/Pathfinder, let alone CoD. Thus, here I am! It should be noted that, I do have a fair amount of roleplaying experience, this would be my first real attempt at pbp. Obviously the progress would be slower than real time, and I acknowledge this, I'm not too familiar with including links and such within a post. Altering text to differentiate between actions and dialogue shouldn't be too difficult, though.

13. Likes Yumyumcrow, Fedup, , Ruach, pisces liked this post

Twist Scenes

It should be noted that, I do have a fair amount of roleplaying experience, this would be my first real attempt at pbp. Obviously the progress would be slower than real time, and I acknowledge this, I'm not too familiar with including links and such within a post. Altering text to differentiate between actions and dialogue shouldn't be too difficult, though.
    Welcome Daniel! Look forward to playing with you. I actually had trouble at first with this too, but I found the bbcode link at the bottom of the page super helpful to learning how to do things I see in other posts. It gives the code and if you click on it, it also gives syntax and output examples.

Welcome to the group Daniel!

16. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 15 of 32 First ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread