Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
The Goodbye Thread

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

This calls for big pretentious words, so I will be brief and honest.

With increased RL load, I feel like I can no longer support playing an interesting fleshed-out character here and this isn't about to change. Ermon has been inactive for some time and Daniel is merely a placeholder so I am leaving the site. I ask Kelreth to write Daniel out of 'Take back what is yours'.

It's really hard to put into words what EoD has been to me in the years I have played and ST'ed here. Great people, great stories a great opportunity to improve my English, fiction writing and plot planning skills. Whatever I'm writing now or will write in the future - everything has been impacted by my time here.

Everyone has been freat but I would like to especially thank: West for creating this nugget of awesomeness and teaching me about ST'ing, Casitive for reviving Mage with relentless productivity and efficiency, Chrisie for letting me ST in the first place, WP for letting me come back here. And, of course, my players for putting up with my horrible posting habits these last few months.

Instead of a long tearful farewell I'd rather write something useful:

I urge people with interesting ideas to not be afraid of running a plot or two. And to avoid my mistakes.

The only notable difference between a tabletop and a forum setting for me is that here storytelling is, to some extent, work. You need a schedule and you need to devote time to this regularly. If you check up on your plots every day or once every two days, then the burden of a couple of plots isn't too much of a problem. With irregular posting it can become a nightmare, because paperwork piles up.

A player-driven story, well-kept notes and a schedule. This is what I have tried to do with varying success.

Best of luck to you all. Live long, prosper and make great stuff, both in here and out there.

- Alex

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

You can't leave, you just got here!

Seriously, it surprises me when The New Guy become Been Around Forever. It's even more surprising when they leave. I wish you all the best, and will respond in kind with brevity and honesty:

It is work. Mostly thankless, and mostly work we're wont to be critical of, so I'd like to point out that you're in fairly small and distinguished company. We've had many Storytellers, but few have lasted as long or more importantly, run as many Stories as you have. Most players will never ST. Most STs will never churn out so many plots.

When push came to shove on your time constraints, you put your players ahead of your own characters and accepted those consequences gracefully.

You stepped up; you stumbled, and kept going. I respect you immensely for your willingness and tenacity and hope those qualities continue to serve you well in your future endeavors!
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Good luck with your projects Mata! Thank you for always being there, you got my respect and admiration! Hope to see you around in chat one of these days (;

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

West pretty much nailed it. Good luck with all your endeavours, Mata.

Hope you can pop in on us sometime in the future.

Peace.

S
    Steven

Ladies and Gentleman,

As some of you have seen, I posted that July is pretty much stacked with stuff for me that will cause me to be away for a much of the month. Each weekend and at least 7 days at the end of the month. Well, as per with most things, when it rains it pours. More things have come up, now being related to work. I won't bore you with the details but they center around large projects given to me that will be very good for my career, if I don't fuck them up.

Long story short, I was doing most of my posting during my breaks at work and on weekends when my kids were with their Mom. Well, every weekend in July I have my kids and my down time at work just went out the window. Real Life must take precedent I am afraid. So for at least the month of July, I am going to be away.

Right Now my plan is to withdraw Angel from the Skeleton Keys plot and to hand off Priscus to Sergei in our current scene.

Couple quick things:
    West thanks for giving me a chance to come back and play, it was A LOT of fun and I greatly appreciate it.

BDeHaven
    and the rest of the Nossies, Thanks Team, Hopefully I will catch you all on the flip side.

Cayce Thank you so much for being an awesome Antagonist to Angel, or was Angel the antagonist to Josephine... not sure. Anyway, their interactions are probably the most fun I have had in a long long time.

Vassagon I am really sorry I have to dart on your PRP. Hopefully you can conscript another player to jump in and run it so your hard work isn't wasted.

Thanks again all and be good to one another, OOC at least.
    -S

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

It was fun to have you back and see you play something very different! Thanks for taking care to exit gracefully, and feel free to return

I'll try to keep Hildegarde from eating too many of Angel's toes.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

7. Likes Kelreth, Cayce, Yumyumcrow liked this post

Kenneth Gilroy
    Donovan
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Donovan

Sad to see you go. Enjoyed playing the Igor to your Frankenstein.

Ciara Maskelyne

Best of luck Scuba, hopefully everything works out for the best.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

It was indeed fun to have you back. Hope you'll be able to return to us again. I'll miss Angel.

Peace

I wish you luck in dealing with the most difficult of all plots: real life! And I'll look forward to your return. I really enjoyed the Jojo/Angel relationship, too! I'm glad it was mutual

Take care!

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread