Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
241 - 250
DISPLAYED
Introduce Yourself

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 25 of 32 First ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... Last

Hey all,

My first introduction to the WoD was via a LARP for VtM. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience but can't seem to find a table and wasn't really feeling the Roll20 scene for this kind of game. Alternatively I play many other TTRPG systems and am interested in expanding my WoD experience and try out MtA (once I do some more reading).

Frequency: I'll try to respond daily, but might be every other day depending on my RL workload.

Openness: I'm fairly open to most things. Not easily offended (though my characters might be).

Style: Social & Plots. Not afraid of character death, but stuff happens.
    Welcome! If/when you're seriously think about joining Mage don't be afraid to ask me any questions. It can be quite intimidating, but we've got a few recent players who are getting used to all that as well, so you'd be in good company.
    In the meantime this checklist is probably the most important thing to begin playing here, if you haven't already seen it. And as Orianna said, the wiki and the respective OOC Forums of the venue hold a lot of important and helpful information.

2. Likes Ruach, pisces, Rythis liked this post

Hello Everyone

My into to role playing was when I was 11 and in secondary school (high school). A friend of mine was really into Warhammer and wanted to play it turns out there was a role play / Warhammer club on a Thursday night and we went along. Within 15 mins I was bored out of my skull with Warhammer. By the end of the after school club I knew Warhammer was not for me. Still I went back the next week as my friend begged me. I watched this time and my attention was turned to my Drama Teacher and a group of A Level students (16-18).

I watched for around half an hour and the Drama teacher asked if I wanted to join in. That game was Vampire the Masquerade. One of the players sat out and took the time to help me with a character and from there I never looked back.

I got into PBP many years ago (I actually played here for about 2 or 3 yearsish? but I left to pursue other opportunities. I am back and I only recognise one name so pretty much its like a new site.) Originally I got into PBP when I was unwell and rarely able to leave the house and quickly discovered that enabled me to do some creative writing which has improved thanks to PBP.

I like to play a wide range of characters, I am quite open and honest so feel free to ask me anything.

I currently live in Manchester, UK - So I may be asking for help from time to time with "The American System"

4. Likes Ruach, , , pisces liked this post

Welcome Matt and Rythis! See you in character! (Hopefully)

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Nos

Nimbus:
    The smell of gasoline and rubber fills the air. Metal and machinery rattle and feel strained and engines roar to life. Unoccupied vehicles might appear to have shadowy figures within them.
    Aiko Hamura
    Cleo

Mein:
    A freakishly gaunt figure, with a long torso the doubles over to reduce its height. Her flesh is translucent, revealing the skeleton underneath, and her eyes are hollow sockets filled with inky darkness save two tiny golden motes of light.

Howdy folks!

Between some friends getting married and having kids, and others passing away, my old tabletop group has indefinitely suspended. While I still hang out with my friends, I've been getting that itch again. I reckon it might be a nice time to get back into PbP, meet some new people, and maybe learn a thing or two

Despite the jokes in my profile, I am definitely not a lab-created ratel with human-level intelligence. I'm an entirely normal, human bartender that wanders around the U.S. in a trailer home when my bones rattle and shake in anger at having been cooped up in a single city for too long. I love the outdoors, from hiking to caving to camping to diving. If you ever want any recommendations for a fun place to visit in a particular U.S. state or city, hit me up and I might have a couple.

I look forward to getting to know all of you and some of your lovely characters! Cheers!

8. Likes Ruach, Yumyumcrow, , liked this post

0 Scenes

Hey! Welcome! I see you're already in the Discord! Hope you have an awesome time here! <3

10. Likes Ruach liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

Welcome! Great to see you.
    I hear that about your game. I tended to drop off when I got married and started a new job.
    Let me know if you have any questions. The wiki is a great place to get started

12. Likes Ruach liked this post

Hi Everyone! Been checking out the site for a while and decided I should try to jump in. I currently am the story teller for a WtF game and came across the site while looking for stuff online. I was also part of a splat campaign, werewolf, vampire, hunter, changeling, and mage but that game ended a while ago. I used to do forum rp for True Blood and Star Trek so I have been kinda itching to get back into.

Frequency: At least once a week but will probably be more like every other day.

Openness: Pretty open about most things

Style: I really don't know how to describe my style. Social stuff and plots are fun. I can stir the pot cause character drama if need be. Prefer to avoid character death but if it happens it happens.

I probably won't be fully ready to go till July. I am pretty busy next week and I need to get my character stuff down. I'm leaning towards werewolf, hunter in darkness kinda character.

14. Likes Ruach, liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

Welcome Circlemagi! Glad that you found us.
    Definitely take your time submitting. Read the getting started and make sure to read each step.
    Look forward to seeing your character.

16. Likes Ruach liked this post

Hi. My name is Chloe, I'm in my late 30s. I'm an anxious mess, I think that being addicted to coffee is a personality trait and I have three cats that I won't shut up about if you give me a chance.

I haven't done RP by forum since Neopets... So... This is a bit embarrassing. I've done chat RP on IRC and Discord for years since. I'm the forever-ST/DM. So this is my chance to play and be freeeeeee.

I'm going to submit a bit of a chaotic changeling character to join the game and I hope that you have as much fun with her as I do. :-)
    Chloe,
    Any pronouns / Non-Binary

18. Likes Ruach, liked this post

Twist Scenes

Hello, folks. I guess it's my turn for this whole introduction thing.

My first introduction to the World of Darkness was via a LARP many, many years ago. I started out with VtM but quickly moved into other venues, WtA, CtD, and MtA. Most of my experience for World of Darkness has been in LARP but I have played and even ran a few short lived TT games. I've had some experience with PBP RP years ago and look forward to trying it out again.

Frequency: I will try to respond as frequently as I can. I will try for daily, or at least every other day, but work and RL can be a bit taxing at times.

Openness: I'm fairly open about most things and rarely get offended in an OOC manner. (Characters I play might get offended or offend, though.)

Style: My style is pretty open too. I like being social, I like plots. Drama is good in doses. I'm not looking for character death but it is the World of Darkness and death is a fact of life.

20. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 25 of 32 First ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread