Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
161 - 170
DISPLAYED
Introduce Yourself

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 17 of 32 First ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... Last
    J

Let's talk about me,

I’m a veteran WoD player from Scotland in the UK, though I actually first found the setting in Masquerade LARPs before then moving into the fiction and devouring all of the background that I could find.

By the time nWoD came around I was utterly sold on Requiem and thought it would be my new favourite. Intriguingly, Forsaken actually stole my attention and I ended up playing and running a lot of werewolf for a few years.
    I’ve been out of play-by-post writing for a while but I’ve been looking for a World of Darkness setting for a while and I’m very excited to have found this place. I’m hoping to find a good community to write with and, with any luck, a great story to write.

I’ll play any character that inspires me, though I think I struggle with playing any character who is a paragon of any one quality. Everyone needs to have flaws, and those flaws have to make conflict and complication take place.

I’ll be honest, I’m more interested in the story and the journey than the dice or dots, and I prefer collaborative outcomes if the players are comfortable with it. Winning is fun when it happens, but I’m more than happy to lose when it drives the story, and character death is a part of that journey.
    I would expect to post a few times a week at the least, if not daily, but sometimes family life will mean the former is all I can manage.
    I have few boundaries and strongly believe the World of Darkness should be Dark and Gritty and Unfair (in Character). I’m more than happy to be approached on any touchy subject and we could discuss it.

As for style, I like most types of plots but I have a preference for exploring character over combat and I tend to approach plot from the characters perspective and interests rather than go chasing it like a hound if the character really is more ambivalent.

I’ve written a lot of Nosferatu recently so I dunno if I’ll go there this time around, but I do like a good grotesque character now and then.
    As for personally, I’m a functioning adult with a spouse, a kid and dog. If not for the ‘Rona I’d be working in the daytime but for now I’m free as a bird.

If anyone has any other questions I’d love to answer them.

2. Likes Fedup, Yumyumcrow, Ruach liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

Welcome Titus! It is great to have you here! Let us know if you need anything or have questions.

Welcome, Jubbles. Glad that you found us. I agree - flawed characters are realistic. Every one ought to have a flaw, for no one can be perfect. You can set up your 'fade to black' preferences under your character's mini page when you set it up. Read everything carefully, as every line contains instruction.

As a Nosferatu player, I am biased in loving all things Nosferatu. We have a Necropolis here which adds a very nice sense of comraderie in a haven the Nosferatu share, and all contribute to. Have you considered Covenant? Exploring character is excellent, as we don't do a lot of PVP or combat with one another. We don't railroad you away from it.

Let me know if you have any questions. We're wrapping one story line (Criminal Intent). The Resurrectionists is going to go up a few weeks after Criminal Intent wraps.
    Hope to see you, Jubbles, and you, Titus, in the discord! Theres a Character Creation room on the discord for running any ideas by the established group.
    As always, read the wiki House rules for your Venue to start off if you are confused

4. Likes Ruach liked this post

Twist Scenes

Jubbles, welcome! I find that play-by-post is IMO the best medium to explore a character.

Hello all! My name is Titus.
    [...]
    I look forward to applying to the Mage game but with the opening in the others I might feel inclined to apply there as well. All there is left to say is.... Look out Sacramento!
    Welcome Titus! We can always use more Mysterium mages in Sacramento.
    I will totally find something cool to put here - eventually.

6. Likes Ruach liked this post

Hi!

I've been lurking for a while, reading the wiki and watching folks play and thought it was time to make my introductions. I've been playing owod and nwod games off and on for a long time and am happy to find such an active community of players. I'm hoping to get involved with vampire and plan to submit a character soon. Looking forward to playing with you all!

8. Likes Ruach, , pisces, Shane liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

Hello Endymion!
    Welcome! I'm happy that you decided to join us. Feel free to come chat with us in the discord.
    Looking forward to seeing your vampire 🦇

10. Likes Ruach liked this post

Welcome! Anything we can do to make you at home feel free to mesage us! We are here to help.

12. Likes Ruach liked this post

Heya! Call me Arch or Archhaven whichever you prefer.

I'm fascinated by the idea of Multisplat games, and when I found this place I jumped at the chance to apply. Aside from a Star Wars Saga game with a group of friends that has been going on and off for nearly a decade none of my in pbp or in person games have lasted long. The history of the world you all have build it going to give me a lot to dig through, and I couldn't be more excited!

I play a huge range of characters. Brainy socialites or dumb beefcakes, doesnt matter to me as long as I can find a concept that interests me.

Frequency
    I'll be doing my best to make posts every other day.

Boundaries
    As long as you can justify it in-game, and no one else objects I'm game for whatever.

Style
    I always try and start mechanics first, before building the rest of my character concept. I try to really get into my own character's heads, so self-preservation is a priority in most cases. I'm fine with both socializing and plots, both have their merits.

14. Likes Ruach, pisces liked this post

Welcome Archaven! We hope you enjoy playing here and find a venue you are interested in! If you have any questions please feel free to join us in Discord Chat or ask away on the forums!

Jennifer Hazelton

Welcome Archhaven!
    I'm glad that you found us. I hope that you find the splat(s) that you want.
    Let us know if you have any questions. The wiki covers a great deal and it's a great place to start with the splat that you have in mind. Feel free to join us im the discord channel.

17. Likes Ruach, pisces liked this post

Hello! I am Zon. I am new to forum style gaming but am also a quick learner. I have been playing roll play games for 13ish years now. I started with DnD 3.0 and it exploded from there. I have known the WoD books for 9+ years but it has been a while. I started with Vampire and that just did not go well. I tried werewolf and I found that more my style of play. Once I find the core rule book for the changelings(?) I will be building one of those to play here! Hope to jump on soon!

19. Likes Ruach, Kelreth, , pisces liked this post
Page 17 of 32 First ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread