Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(DwO) Dealing With What No One Else Will

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Kenneth Gilroy
    Donovan
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Donovan

The night deepens. The street workers’ van sits abandoned, its owners having fled at the sound of gunshot. The officers eventually left as well, leaving the street clear of mortal eyes. And a good thing too, for underneath the overcast sky Haunts lurk, finally ready to descend into the lightless pit and remove the mass of human refuse clogging the veins of the city and their Kingdom.

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    (Emergency Services, Criminals)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu | Lancea Sanctum

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

By the time Cross returns to the car, the streets are clear. He's taken a bit of time getting back, not wanting to draw anymore unwanted attention. He comes from the rear of the vehicle and quickly opens the door, slipping into the back seat.

"Well that was...interesting." He looks between Joseph where he sits in the driver's seat and Alice beside him. "Next time I have a plan like that, stop me." The burned man chuckles at his own idiocy. "I'm glad you made it out okay, Alice. Sorry about the close call. Did you manage to hold onto my piece?" He'll understand if she ditched it, but it doesn't hurt to hope she hadn't.

He shifts himself into the middle of the back seat so he can look out the windshield. "Looks like it worked after all, though. It's quiet out there." Too quiet, actually: "What happened with Jack? Did he get in?"

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Yeah...totally." the doll replied dryly. Then she turned, looking Robert right in his flat blues eyes, and gravely replied. "I will. I'll even hit you if I have to." Shifting herself around in her seat she seemed to sigh, "If I wasn't already dead, I'm sure that plan would have sent me to my grave. Or turned my hair whiter! Or something like that." Then she smacks herself in the head. "Yeah, here." she says dropping the shadows she'd wrapped around the gun and handed it back to her cousin. "Safe and sound."

"But yay for it working. Even if it was crazy. But I still can't say that I'm super psyched to deal with the frickin' fatberg."

"Joseph?" comes Alice's hollow voice, "Earth to Greenberg , you know what happened to Jack and the truck?"
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

M
    Matrixchild

Joseph offered a chuckle at Robert's words about his plan. What's done is done though. Looking over to the van he turned towards the two of them and said, "I don't know where he went but the truck is still there. What say we go and use it's resources to get this done. With the area empty of workers maybe we can finish before anyone comes back, and if they do I'll just try and talk our way around it. If we can actually clear it then we don't even need to return to this location. You can just pick your car up later from the surface. But if we're going to do this we should get out and do it now. I doubt he have all night." It wad clear Joseph thought their plan was a now or never kind of situation.

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

(Vigor)Vitae 1 Spent
    NOS
    PRE

Alice's promise to hit him gets a rueful grin from Cross. "You got it." He takes the gun, looking visibly relieved to have it back, though rather than holstering it, he stuffs it under the seat in front of him. No need to invite more trouble.

With that, he looks to Greenberg. "I agree, let's get moving." Cross opens the back door and slides out of the car, approaching the van, specifically the window that Jack had been working on. Seeing the crack there, Cross decides to finish the job.

"Stay back a second," he says to Alice and Greenberg.

Quickly, he takes off his jacket and wraps it around his fist. No need to make this anymore painful than it needs to be. Willing his blood to supernaturally augment his strength, Cross attempts to smash the glass.

4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-07-12 11:13:56 Robert Cross rolls 8 to Smash that Glass Str3 + Brawl3 + Vigor2 (10 Again) 6, 9, 9, 7, 1, 10, 7, 1, 8 4 successes
      Forgot to Roll for Brawl Specialty (Fists)
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-07-12 11:14:42 Robert Cross rolls 1 to Forgot to roll for Brawl Specialty (Fists) (10 Again) 4 failure

Kenneth Gilroy
    Donovan
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Donovan

The van window cracks apart with a crunching tinkle of glass. Still hurts like… you just slammed your elbow into a car window hard enough to break it. Wrapped in a jacket or not, there’s pain. Still, thank God for safety glass and not having to worry about hitting your funny bone since your dead. Small blessings.

With the door successfully ‘unlocked’ the carnacopia of equipment is ripe for the taking.

1 Bashing damage to Robert Cross from using an unarmed strike to break an object.

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Shit...I hope nothing bad's happened." Alice murmurs when Joseph reveals that he didn't know what had happened to their hungry eye'd cousin.

"I'll keep a timer up." Alice says half seriously, still worried about what had happened to Jack, and that it might happen to Robert.

As Joseph continued speaking, Alice nods a string pulled nod, "Yeah I really just want this over with. I uh-don't want to have to come back and deal with...well. I think your imagination is sufficient, and if not. We're getting the real deal soon enough. Ugh."

M
    Matrixchild

Without all the people Joseph could see clearly that Robert had gained entrance into the vehicle. "I completely agree. I want this over with as soon as possible. Looks like he's in, let's go." With that Joseph stepped out of the car, taking the keys with him to give to Robert later, and headed over to the newly opened work truck.

Stepping up to Robert he said, "We should get what we need and get down into the hole, finish this work up." Joseph was not a physical labor type, so he went to the back and waited for what Robert wanted to grab. Also made sense since 'he' was in charge.

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

NOS
    PRE

No alarm sounded when he broke the window. A small bit of luck on a night of close calls. As Alice and Greenberg approach, he glances at them. "Yeah, it's now or never. Let's see what we can see."

Cross reaches in, unlocks the van doors from the inside, and then circles around back, motioning for the others to follow, to open the cargo area. He steps up into the van, surveying their haul.

So, what exactly do we have back here? Also, is it apparent from the surface that the workers left equipment in the sewers?

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice follows Joseph out of the car and towards the van that Robert got open for them. Once she's near enough she takes a peak inside, and starts grabbing what tools she thinks would be useful, the tanks she leaves for the guys to grab, but the changes of close she grabs for herself and runs them back to Robert's car. To the only girl, that was the most important thing. Well that and the overhauls and galoshes. One pair was claimed by the doll, which she plans to shimmies into after they have the tools they'd need.

When she returns from her drop-off, she grabs the chemicals she could reach, not knowing which they'd need, she thinks they might need to call Gilroy on and make sure they're not fucking it up more.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread