Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Summer Renewal

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Heat bounced off tile, concrete and stone. The brazen sky, a dome of purest azure, rose above. A hint of zephyr teased the table cloth and made the leaves from Flidais' urban garden rustle just on the edge of consciousness. The table had been laid; the chair had been bought out. There was gourmet pizza, bread rolls, spreads, and something Crowley was resolutely calling "sea food salad" despite the evidence to the contrary. Now all that was required was the people.

Crowley himself was sitting on the sanctum's front steps, dressed in his customary T and jeans. He was going over his song material (again!) while he waited for Faye Orianna to appear. He really hoped the rest of his cabal had remembered the date Truce Vassagon Flidais linkrulesx10 . The Enchanter really hoped that this meeting would go well.

It was just another summer afternoon.

2. Likes Orianna liked this post

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

After shaving, showering, and dressing in a polo shirt and khaki shorts, Truce emerges from his room, hands in his pockets and ready for socializing. But there's more at play here than just another prospective member of their Cabal. There's much to be discussed concerning their Cabal's future and defenses against the encroaching Seer threat.

The smell of food distracts him from these thoughts and their urgency. "Think we have enough food, Saul?" Truce asks rhetorically with a soft smile.

Distracted only for a moment. "I think I should say I don't know Faye very well, despite us sharing an Order. She's always been a bit neutral in most discussions at Consilium. But she's been around for quite a while, save for those few absences."

Another thought comes up and his smile fades. "It's a shame Emrys saw fit to leave us. I thought he'd found some peace here. This prophecy might've been the last straw, I suppose."

4. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The day had come for the meeting with Crowley’s Cabal, and she was hoping it went well. Crowley was among the few Awakened she actually trusted, and she thought they worked well together.

She found a pair of old jeans she had turned into shorts and put a baggy white sweater over it. Underneath was a white tank top, in case it got too warm. Hair was left down, makeup was almost at zero and sunglasses on, and she was ready to go.

The address was easy to find, and after parking, she pops her trunk and pulls out a cooler. Cause who drinks warm beer?! The cooler had wheels, so it was easy to move, and inside not only had beer, but waters and soda. In case someone didn’t drink, you never know.

She spots Crowley and Truce as she walks up and smiles, holding a hand up,

“Hey guys! Thank for the invite.” She says coming to a stop, “Got the drinks!”

6. Likes West liked this post

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"And she's here!" Crowley says brightly as he hauls himself to his feet. "Come in! Come in! We can take you on the tour now... Or we can get straight to the roof. We have food! And the view is pretty good too!"

He stands and makes a dramatic flourish, gesturing for his fellow Enchanter to enter his Cabal's Sanctum.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Memories are funny things.

So is the passage of Time, to an Acanthus.

What Crowley flourishes is far from what Crowley remembers. This isn't the same Sanctum that five claimed and nourished. The fact that he doesn't even realize the roof has collapsed and made all but the bottom floor unusable is only testimony to how little time he himself has put in.

Sorry to butt in, but I DID try to point this out privately. 2 Dots is all this Sanctum has for Size, and narration needs to reflect that. A large apartment or small family home; 3-4 rooms -- Given the MASSIVE footprint of the building, this is at most a single floor.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

9. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

PRE

Truce smiles at Faye's arrival, though rather than a bright hopeful smile it is a mask to cover his embarrassment.

"Hello, Faye. It's our pleasure to have you. I realize I had suggested the roof as a spot to hold our talks. But I'm afraid we've recently had a problem with the upper floors. There's been some structural weaknesses that went overlooked for far too long. My apologies for misleading you. But we can still get comfortable in the living room, if that's alright."

Emrys's departure, Flidais's frequent absences, and the situation with their Sanctum only stressed the importance of their getting more members to keep Temoins du Sud afloat. Even more important considering the situation they now faced.

"Please, take a seat on the couch, or help yourself to the food Crowley was gracious enough to provide. How have you been, Faye? We never really had a chance to talk at the Consilium Meeting."

11. Likes Yumyumcrow, West liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She knows Sanctums sometimes take a little time to come together. But what she saw was not what she was expecting.

The smile was returned though, “That’s ok, I don’t think you mislead me at all!” she replies with a laugh and a wave of her hand. “Is it something that can be fixed?” she asks, following them inside. The cooler was placed near the food and she opened the top and took out a beer. “Can I get you something? I have beer, water and some soda.” She asks both Crowley and Truce.

Settling on the couch, “Can’t really complain, it’s been good to get all settled. Was good to see some new faces at the meeting, hope they’ll be sticking around.” Saying that made her realize she wasn’t really one to talk on that front. “How about you?”

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley looks crestfallen at the suddenly diminished Sanctum. Perhaps even stranger is how he simply accepts it with a shrug as he turns back to Faye. "I should think so. Some tender loving care and some cleaning. If we all pitch in, so much the better: team building, neh? It was a great place, once... before... when we had Gyges, and Damascus, and Aurem." His face fell suddenly as he remembered the old faces of his Cabal.

"Beer, thanks," Crowley continued brightly as he flopped into a seat. "Yeah. I hope they do, too. We could use some fresh perspective on things. And right now, I think we could all do with some of that. Plus, we badly need some extra eyes on the ground; there's not nearly enough of us to go around and I don't think we know where the Seer's are going to strike."

Emrys disappearance had certainly come at an opportune time: without a Councillor there was no one to organise an divination session.

"Please, take a seat. Um. Did you have any questions for us before we start the important stuff..?" His eyes were drifting toward the pizza. He'd done enough recruitment to know that reiterating mission statements and Cabal history was... dull and lame and mostly pointless.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

"I'll have a beer as well. I've started to grow partial to it." One or two drinks should take the edge off considering the anxious atmosphere that had descended over the city. "And Crowley is correct, once we take care of repairs we might be able to make use of that space again. Fortunately we don't have to worry about much rainfall over the summer."

"But otherwise I'm alright. There's just so much to do and so much to prepare. I assume you've come tonight in interest of membership with our Cabal? I for one would welcome it. As you can see we're short-handed. But it's something that should be discussed in any case."

Truce awaits Faye's questions, if any, before they get into the meat of it. Speaking of which, Truce begins fixing a plate of food for himself from the spread available.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Two more beers were taken out, tops popped an offered to the guys.

“Just a quick fyi…I brewed these, so if they are really bad, please let me know!” she says with a laugh. It was an art, brewing beer, some recipes worked, some didn’t. Though this one was from a kit so she held out some hope.

“I think we can take care of that.” She tries to reassure Crowley.

“Well, I’m def out in the public a lot, especially in the warmer months. So maybe I can provide those extra eyes.” Though how does one spot a Seer? Well, besides the obvious when they try and kill you.

“I have. Crowley’s been one of a handful of Awakened I’ve been able to count on. And I like to think we work well together. You and I haven’t worked much together, but I think we would work well together too.” He seemed to have a more level head, which was always a good thing. Especially with Enchanters around.

Seeing him grab some of the food, her stomach reminded her that they hadn’t eaten since practice this morning. She fixes as plate as well and talks as she does so,

“One of my big questions would be what you guys stand for and are trying to accomplish. I’m not able to really fight, but I am def a social butterfly who’s good at talking to people and such. Are you guys involved in any current investigations or anything?” Plate full, she returns to her seat.

“I’m sure there are some questions for me too. So feel free to ask anything, I suck at sugar coating stuff, just a warning.” She jokes.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread