Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Kurt Radcliffe receives a call

THREADID
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
    M
    Matrixchild

On an evening just like any other the phone listed for Kurt Radcliffe started to ring.

Ring ring.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Info
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

The phone for Kurt Radcliffe rings at Konrad's Haven. The mobile device is designated under its own number in the false identity's name. Normally Konrad would let it ring and have the caller leave a message that he'd check later. But with recent events at his Warehouse and the suspicious disappearance of his workers, Konrad's a little more attentive to calls that come through.

He answers in much the same way as his automated voice message would. "Hello, this is Kurt Radcliffe of Radcliffe Warehouse and Storage. Kurt speaking."

4. Likes West liked this post
    M
    Matrixchild

A cough comes through the phone as a man cleared his throat. "Hello Mr. Radcliffe, I'm Detective Gleason with the Sacramento Police Department. I wanted to find out if you're available to meet and talk about some employees of yours, preferably at your Warehouse?"

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Well fuck me with a broomstick.

"Oh, the police department? Are my employees suspects in a case, or have they been charged with something?" asks Konrad, keeping his voice level.

M
    Matrixchild

The voice on the other end paused for a moment as if analyzing the man's response. "As a matter of fact they're missing, four of them, and they all worked the night of [date]. We'd appreciate your cooperation in trying to find out what happened to them." The voice had a professional tone to it, but it also had a hint of friendliness to it. It's not like the warehouse owner had anything to do with his worker's disappearance.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

"That's very strange," Konrad says, attempting to fill his tone with concern as he lies like a rug. "I haven't been able to get in touch with them either. And you say they worked that night? I'm sure I sent out a memo to give everyone that night off. You see, I was having the warehouse cleaned then. I trust you've secured a warrant and informed the Port of your investigation? If so, I'd gladly meet with you and help in any way I can."

Konrad hinges a desperate bet on the detective not having a warrant. But with four people, coincidentally disappearing from the same workplace, it'd be unlikely if he doesn't have one.

M
    Matrixchild

"Hmm," the Detective said, pausing before speaking. "I was hoping to get your full cooperation with the investigation, but if you'd prefer I'll be there with a warrant. I know a judge." Getting a warrant was easy enough for the police. All you have to do is unilaterally present your facts to the judge. You can present any evidence you have, even hearsay, when seeking the warrant application and there's always a magistrate judge on call just for these types of situations. "We'll be at the Warehouse soon, see you then," he said politely before hanging up.

Let me know if you'd prefer to start the thread, or if you want me to do it.

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 13

You do not have permission to view the list of names.