Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Spiders) A Conflict in the Conservatory

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

The cabal ponders the information they have gained so far. What is this spirit? What is its purpose, and why did it leave Jose dead practically at their door?
    There is a quiet susurration that is just on the edges of your hearing.
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Armed with his desktop computer and library of occult tomes, Truce sets up an area at his desk to cross-reference mentions of brain-eating creatures, spirit possession, and bizarre medical anomalies. Since Flidias seems to have the best experience with Spirits, he calls on her to aid him in the effort.

And while they're at it, Truce begins looking into the online presence of Jose Alvarez in an effort to determine the man from the photo as well as any particular reason his home might be chosen for this unusual infestation. And finally, into the number for which Jose dialed in his last moments of life.

"Crowley, while we're doing our research, do you think you could handle tracking down that phone? If the sympathy is too faint, we'll just have to give up on it, but it could be a big help."

DrDog Shall I make separate research rolls for the Spirits, Alvarez, and the number listing? linkrulesx10 Interested in having Flidais as teamwork secondary?

3. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

It is Crowley. In the conservatory. With the tablet (or phone as the case may be).

The Enchanter knew his limitations and library work was one of them. For the moment, he left Truce will alone with his books, instead opting for something more practical (or what he hoped to be practical). He had Google Maps open, his fingers wiggling all over the surface of his device; tongue sticking out between his lips, Crowley was attempting to plot the events and places in space.

Here was the cabal's Sanctum.

Here was the park where Alvarez had been found.

Here was the house that Alvarez had lived in.

Here was the possible location of the second address they had discovered.

Here was Crowley trying to manipulate the view as he attempted to follow - or at least recreate a simulacrum of - Alvarez journey.

When Truce raised his voice, Crowley looked up. "Sure. I can give it a try. Best we use it as a last option though. Its not like I'll be able to finger it on a map. I'll get a hunch its, like, over there. And as long as it stays put, that hunch will grow the closer I get. Point is, I'll need a driver. But once we finished up here, sure, lets try it."

His eyes were drawn to the hypnotic screen once again. Seeking patterns with a scatter brained mind.

@DrDog what role do you need for Crowley's map work?

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

You get [Int+Occult or Medicine or Science] research rolls to corrolate and learn about spirits, mediacl esoterica, and brain eating creatures. Which skill you choose will determine where you focus the majority of your research (spirits-occult, medical esoterica-medicine, creatures- science). Regardless which you choose, you roll Int+Academics (research), and will learn of any crossover between the groups. Flidais may either research in a seperate research focus and not pooling your successes, or may go in the same direction and add her successes as additional dice.

Assuming Crowley has 1 point in computers and academics, he is able to easily plot out the map.
    It shows how very close all of the features are.
    The body was found in the abandoned lot across the street from your sanctum. Alvarez' house is only 3 blocks north and 2 blocks east of your sanctum. The Second address is 4 blocks east and 2 blocks south of Alvarez's house, or 6 blocks east and 1 block north of your sanctum.
    Mr. Alvazrez left his house and headed east, but only for one block before he was lost to you.

6. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

"I have access to quite the substantial library of spirit lore, we'd have to take a trip down to the museum. I can get you a research room and I can bring the texts out to that room." Flidais throws out the idea of using her Athenaeum's resources, although she didn't invite Truce inside she would get him access to what was needed to research this.

OOC: Flidais will help Truce, she is offering access to the Mysterium's library (spirit) merit.
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue
    Presence: 3 (Animalistic)

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley struggled with the tablet. This way; that way. Then a hiss of disgust.

"Yeah. When we finished up here, lets go for a drive." He stretches, catlike, his face sour. "Anything else I can do?"

Crowley has only 1 in Academics. He will struggle to put your directions together DrDog XD

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

PRE

"That's alright, Flidais, I think I'll just work with my tomes here. If you think it helpful, you could always head to your Order's collection and see if you can find something of use there," answers Truce to the Shaman's concerns. "Or, you could be a driver for Crowley and then stop at the museum afterwards."

Whatever the case, Truce doesn't seem intent on leaving the Sanctum until he's completed his investigation with his tools on hand.

I shall go with an Occult research roll to take advantage of Truce's Library Merit. Will I be making an extended INT+Occult roll in addition to an single or extended INT+Academics roll?

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

Research, as I undestand it, it always Int+Academics. But I'll give you 1 additional roll to your extended roll if your library has the topic you are researching. Knowing occult knowledge is occult, but actually sitting down with books and corrolating and referencing and synthesizing is an Academcis skill.
    If Flidais does choose to use the Library at the Museum, you will not be able to pool your successes. Its hard to coordinate with someone when they aren't there with you.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

Academic Research, 14suxx, 1hour10minutes using Library(Occult)
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-06-17 15:28:50 [07] Truce rolls 7 to research the occult [INT+Aca] (10 Again) 2, 5, 9, 9, 7, 2, 7 2 successes
    2016-06-17 15:28:50 [06] Truce rolls 7 to research the occult [INT+Aca] (10 Again) 8, 2, 4, 2, 1, 7, 5 1 success
    2016-06-17 15:28:50 [05] Truce rolls 7 to research the occult [INT+Aca] (10 Again) 2, 3, 3, 7, 5, 10, 10, 2, 4 2 successes
    2016-06-17 15:28:50 [04] Truce rolls 7 to research the occult [INT+Aca] (10 Again) 6, 3, 7, 10, 7, 10, 9, 10, 9, 7 5 successes
    2016-06-17 15:28:50 [03] Truce rolls 7 to research the occult [INT+Aca] (10 Again) 3, 2, 2, 6, 6, 8, 4 1 success
    2016-06-17 15:28:50 [02] Truce rolls 7 to research the occult [INT+Aca] (10 Again) 5, 10, 10, 3, 2, 6, 3, 6, 4 2 successes
    2016-06-17 15:28:50 [01] Truce rolls 7 to research the occult [INT+Aca] (10 Again) 5, 4, 4, 7, 4, 8, 7 1 success

Whatever Flidais and Crowley have planned, Truce doesn't seem to notice as he pours over the tomes in his collection in his search for answers. He has to sift through aspects of the Lie at times, misinterpretations and misunderstandings that are made by the authors of these books. And sometimes his time is spent chasing a detail that leads to a dead end. With no distractions though he is able to stay on task for a little over an hour, searching for information on Spirits.

12. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

"I'm not very good with books anyway, shall we go for that drive Crowley? Flidais offers while Truce starts his research.
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue
    Presence: 3 (Animalistic)

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread