DISPLAYED
Restful Shade

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

For days Crowley had hunkered down, hiding from the world. He remained indoors, moping restlessly at the Sanctum or else he hid away in his chambers scribbling verses and music: lacklustre, uninspiring, background noise. The only other place he visited was his bar where he lost himself aimlessly in work.

Eventually though, his restless and wounded soul won out. Summer beckoned from beyond the panes of his self inflicted prisons: warmth, natural airs, bright sunlight to dispel the pall of gloom that clung about him. So it was that he packed up his notes and drove out to Granite Park.

Granite Park, sun bleached and drought worn; Granite Park with its green fields and brown grasses; Granite Park with its woodland and sun stressed tree corpses. And yet there was still greenery. Light winds stirred his hair and rustled through the leafy shade. The lake remained (parched now, low, split in twain by a lazy strike of dry land) to temper the breeze.

Finding welcoming shade, overlooking the shrunken lake, Crowley planted himself with his back to a tree and unloaded his notes, and his packed lunch. He might not find much inspiration but the calm beauty of the defiant landscape touched his soul, reminding him of lost Supernal Arcadia. He needed this escape; this place to simply be.

The Enchanter let out a long, contented, sigh.

Feel free to join in. No Vampires though, this is set in the early afternoon

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

(Harden Mask)Glamour 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Today was Mhairi's day off. No having to hold her breath and find What Should Never Be Found. No having to smell like a mix of gross and bleach. Just one day for her all on her lonesome. Treating today as a mini vacation she took the stolen tufts of emotion, quickly wrapping themselves around her, to make herself look like she was never touched by Them. To escape from the reality of her dripping fingers for just a little while...

Mhairi lived at Edna's, and had visited the Blue Note a few times, that one time at the Forge and the Rose Garden, and other random dinners (mostly for pie) but she hadn't taken any time to check out anything else the River City had to offer. So this one sunny afternoon the elemental decided to change that. Hence the mini vacation. Even with the heat saturating the air around the child of fire and starlight, which would always cause a frown to grow, Mhairi, despite her nature, hated the heat.

Attempting to take her mind off the heat and onto the reason she was braving her day off in the sun, she looked down at the touristy brochure she snagged and chose a place at random to visit. Huh. Granite Park? Is it wrong that the first place her mind ventured was that this sounded like a great place for earthbones or maybe a few orgres to hang out...

Looking around the contradictory park she'd chosen to explore she blinked. And blinked once more. Frowning as she saw a man relaxing under the arching shade of a few gathered trees. Her frown deepening as she approached, her brow furrowed in thought, she could swear that she knew him from somewhere but...she couldn't quite place him...that is until she draws closer and exclaims, quite close to the poor man's ear, "D-dude! You're-ah Saul Sp-Springfield!" straightening, Mhairi flushes, and twists her fingers together. "Oh-um...that probably was-ah loud." a beat. "And-ah rude. It was that too." Mhairi waves a weirdly non-drippy fingered wave at One of the Four Housemen and turned to leave.

4 successes to don't I know you?
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-06-11 00:21:02 Mhairi Ankaa rolls 6 to Recognize a famous person (wits 3 + composure 2 + 1 fame) (10 Again) 10, 6, 9, 2, 10, 7, 6, 10, 4 4 successes
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

4. Likes Forn Clakes, Yumyumcrow liked this post

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley had been deep in his notes by then, inspiration flowing like the streams bubbling from a mountain glacier: tiny rivers that moved boulders and carved waterfalls through mountains; each thought a treasure. His name, shrieked close to his ear, snapped him back to reality with a force violent enough to make him jump.

He lost his sandwich, flipped, separated and landed in the dirt.

He lost his train of thought but gained insight into a perfect scream for some, as yet, unwritten song.

His hand jolted, his pen laying down a livid blue scar across the page of his notes.

Crowley's face, a study in shock, turned to face The Voice: pale, dark haired, impish, mesmerising eyes.

Shock cracked into a huge grin, albeit forced around the eyes.

"Huh? Hey? Well, hey!"

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

When ohmygod Saul effin' Springfield's face turned to her in shock, flushing already she was prepared to leave, but his voice called, first in confusion, then in greeting. (Or at least Mhairi hoped was greeting.) The elemental decided staying would be of the good. At least so she could apologize a few more times. Especially when she watched his sandwich fly and land in the dirt.

"Oh no. Your-ah poor, poor sammich." Mhairi breathed, then she cringed as her now-grey eyes landed on the dark blue line make through whatever the man was writing. "S-sorry. I'm-ah sorry. Really." Smacking her hand to her face and dragging it downward. "This could-ah could've gone better." she mutters under her breath.

Then her hand is away and she darts over to see if she could salvage his sandwich. With a frown she declares it a casualty of her surprise auditory attack.

Sighing she slowly turns to face him, "I-ah promise I'm not a-a psycho stalker fan or-ah whatever..." she says with a crooked smile. "Mhairi. That is-ah my-ah name. Ankaa. The other part...uh-Mhairi Ankaa. In order." and decides against sticking her hand out to shake his. Even with her no-there drippy fingers to mess with anything, or other Lost's feeling on touching and personal space to deal with, she didn't want to negate her 'not a creepy fan' statement with...you know...touching him, even if it was only for a handshake.

8. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"Well hello, Mhairi Ankaa, international woman of mystery. Looks like you've got me. What can I do for you?"

A little harsh perhaps, but the Enchanter was still unnerved from the heated debate with Avistar and the others. Head cocked to one side, he watched the stunning woman.

10. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

A flustered elemental is definitely not one to recognize the harshness of anyone's tone, so instead her mind focuses on his words. Which causes her mind to stutter, then to stall, and it most definitely needs a reboot before she could properly function, let alone answer. For a girl who mentally stumbles into innuendos, it's not a huge surprise as to where her mind ventures when Saul effin' Springfield asks 'what can I do you for?'

It takes her mind a long moment to reboot. She thinks she looks like an idiot gaping at him, as her brain regains all (or all most all) working functionality.

"Um...hi...." she begins because her mind's still not all the way functional. "Well-ah apparently I-ah came over here to-to loudly tell you your own-ah name...which I-ah suppose you already know...since it's your name..." she flushes as she trails off. "Work. Sucks. So mini vakay..." she says using her hands to gesture around her. "Not to-ah stalk and/or deafen a-a person. Nopety. Nope. Nope. Nope. But-ah if you'd want your own-ah person-y bubble intact. I could uh mini vakay over there...in that-uh direction..." she finishes once more gesturing, but this time towards another grouping of shade giving trees. Feeling horrible about his ink stained page, the blue creating a livid mark against the words. Hopefully it wasn't that important, or if it was, he could remember what he wrote or figure out what lay under the stain.

12. Likes Forn Clakes, Yumyumcrow liked this post

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley nodded sagely.

"Yes. Its a name. Kind of important observation, that." He nods sagely. Suspicion returns briefly as his face morphs again into a knowing grin.

"You don't have to leave on my account. Why does your work suck?"

He places his notebook down now. He can review it later. And maybe there will be a memorable memory to remind him how that livid scar across the page came to be.

Crowley: Enchanter, Fool, narcist, was quite happy to throw caution to the wind on a chance encounter.

14. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Before Mhairi's could move to just where her failing hands gestured toward Saul's voice speaks up. And she get's a sage-y nod in return. She thought she was the only person who did that! Her crooked grin makes an appearance. "Kay..." she says when Saul doesn't shoo her away to the other cluster of trees.

(Is it even okay for her to call him Saul in her brain? Or should she go back to Saul effin' Springfield? Hmm...things to ponder...)

Mhairi inelegantly flops to the ground, crossing her legs as she did so. Well if Saul/Saul effin' Springfield asked a question, then he wanted an answer then maybe more questions and/or answers were to be had. Like in something similar to a conversation...gasp wonder or wonders. Sigh. She probably needs more sleep.

"Oh...uh work sucks because work.....Oh-err wait you-ah don't know what I-ah do. I'm-ah maid." it took a moment, including a blink and a blush for her to realize that was enough info either, "Not at-ah swanky hotel or-ah anything. But I uh-maid at...uh a cheep motel. Like one that does rooms by the-err hour..." Mhairi finishes, because that should explain what sort of hell she deals with on a daily basis.

"So...uh...'sup?" she asks after a probably awkward silence.

16. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"Now that would suck. Gotta start somewhere I guess... No! Wait! Not like that. I mean... How'd you end up doing that? Like, I mean... You shouldn't. You are wasted doing that stuff..."

He reins in his mouth before the conversation slides too far.

He try's a new tack. "Um. Shouldn't you be, like, a model or something. Eyes, I mean. Yeah. Quirky."

He shifted position, now facing Mhairi with interest. Before the conversation can veer off again, he adds: "What would rather be doing. If you could escape the motel trade...?"

18. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"Yeperinos sucks." Mhairi nods, then starts explaining what she could. "I'm-ah high school dropout." though not by any choice of her own. "And-ah I'm poor as-ah dirt. So maiding." she nods. "But-uh wasted? Yeah I-erm-think so too. I-ah mean who wants to work at-ah a icky motel?" she asks rhetorically.

"But me? Model material?" a furrow grows between her brows, "Sure I'm-ah adorable. And when-ah words fail me-which they-ah tend to do a lot-uh-I-ah blat my eyes instead-but girls do that...it's nothing special right?"

With Saul now facing her in full, instrest lining his features, "I-ah would be-err..." Mhairi draws a blank..she'd been focused on what she'd been wanting out of her Court and the other 'lings in the 'Hold that she's completely forgot about the muggle side of her life. The life that had been stolen from her. "No-ah-no effin' clue." Mhairi says at last.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread