Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Fanny Ann's Saloon

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Upstairs

In the last few nights since arriving in Sacramento, since being acknowledged by her Clan's Priscus, Old Sacramento has lured Whitney back to its dark majesty, no doubt out of some perceived relative safety, a sanctuary that she could somehow (in the naive way the bubbly blonde was) cling to as she settled into her new home. She didn't have many outfits to chose from (yet) and so when she hit the dockside, she was wearing dark jeans that clung to her thighs, black leather boots that went halfway up her calves, a white blouse that strained against the size of her chest and a tanned leather riding jacket. Her hair was loose, reaching her shoulders and as she removed her helmet, securing it to her touring motorcycle, Whitney made certain that the precious vitae was being used to ensure her skin had a healthy pallor to it.

Leaving her bike parked, Whitney headed towards her next stop on the tour of Old Sacramento; Fanny Ann's Saloon. The name of the place, much like the Back Door Lounge, was simply divine and the innuendo that dripped from its name made her snicker in delight. It wasn't as busy as she had expected going in but it was good enough for her to hunt, and making sure she avoided sitting directly near to any mirrors, Whitney ordered herself a JD and Coke, her weapon of choice on her hunting routine, before heading up to the second floor where it was full of old arcade machines and a perfect excuse for checking out the guys and girls floating around and enjoying their evening, wondering just who would be on the menu tonight.

-2 Vitae: Blush & Imbibe

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    C
    CMS

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-05-26 23:18:36 Luca Bonanno rolls 5 to Hunting Roll (capped at 5 due to humanity) (10 Again) 9, 6, 2, 5, 5 1 success

Earlier that night, Luca had spent some time hunting and he had ended up finding a found interesting piece of meat, that quickly turned into an early dinner. Now, I couple of ours later, he was out on town again. The blood he had drained had quickly found a use running through his face, his cheeks and his body. Turning him human once again. He could feel how the kine did not flinch when he walked by, or atleast he felt like that. When he entered the second floor, not because of hunger, but because of wanted to learn how the city felt to him, he was first struck by a sense of awe - everything was so... Different. The Lights, the many smells and tastes, the fast paced words of everyone around him. He stood there for a moment when suddenly he felt something odd.

A young woman, sitting at the bar. She was not stunning, but there was a provincial charm to her. In front of her he spotted a drink, and could not help but chuckle internally, wanting nothing more than to taste and drink again - and he would, soon enough. Her beast was faint and weak, like a scared cat that clawed at the fangs of a lion, and he felt the urge to grab her with both hands and strangle the life out of her. Instead, he threw on his most handsome smile, and walked purposefully over to the bar. "Buonasera signora, would you mind if I joined you?" his slick voice was oiled with the all the charms he could muster, as to hide the predator - although he was not so sure it went both ways.

Luca's was dressed in charcoal grey dress pants, a white button up shirt and an outdated blazer - to anyone who examined his clothes, it was clear that he had made an effort to understand modern fashion, but still hadn't caught up entirely, as if he were still stuck some years in the past.

At the sound of the voice, Whitney looked round from where she had been watching a guy and girl playing air hockey, a small smile on her face at the delight that was ever-present in the game between the pair. She wasn't a jealous girl herself and would have chosen either one to have fed from.

Looking upon the unknown man, despite his strong personality and handsome good looks, Whitney flinched as her mind was stretched by the savage fury that roared behind her eyes, worse than any migrane she had suffered as one of the kine. It wanted nothing more than to tear at the rival, who would no doubt be trying to poach from the territory she had claimed this very night.

Still, Whitney had to conclude that her was very handsome, and kept her fury under wraps, battling the instinctual urge to fight with pure logic based inner ramblings; You're new here, calm down....It'll lead to nothing but trouble....That blazer is really old....

"Sure thing! I was just getting settled myself," Whitney replied, indicating the drink. "Can I interest you in a cocktail?" she added with a coyly raised eyebrow.

C
    CMS

Luca slid down at the bar, and sat himself by the side of Whitney. Resting his arms on the bar. "Thank you, if you're buying I'd love scotch, but please don't feel obliged" He said, wanting to seem charming rather than intimidating. "I couldn't help but notice you from across the room. Perhaps I'm silly but I'm sensing some sort of kindred spirit" he said coyly, hoping to slowly earn the trust of another vampire in the city. When he looked at the girl, he couldn't help but guess. The lack of oppulence and power, or even beauty, seemed to suggest that she was not a member of the Invictus. So far so good.

New York accent? Could I really be so lucky He thought to himself. "I mean, it's not many people from New York who find themselves out here" Bonannos little play on their mutual kinship had quickly turned into a play on her accent. He himself was born and raised in New York, even embraced there. Most of his life was spent in that city, so when he had left it all those years ago, it was with great sadness in his heart. So the fact that he had bumped into someone like him, even if she weren't italian, it filled him with a small ray of joy. Even though she weren't someone you would look twice at on the street, he instinctively hoped that this conversation would spark the man that he felt dying in his breast - slowly gnawed to bits by the beast. It was times like this, where he could remind himself of the man he once was, that he dared to hope, that his beast would be kept at bay.

C
    Cartographer

When Reese entered the bar two people immediately stood out, and the subsequent reaction from his Beast let him know exactly where they stood in the pecking order. Time to make new friends.

He grabs an IPA and makes his way to the table. A bit closer he could make out the blue of the woman's eyes, while the gentleman had a rather striking European look to him.

When Luca states the obvious true nature of the Whitney it catches him a bit off guard. It was close, too close for comfort. "Pardon the interruption, but weren't you," Reese extends a hand to Luca, "one of the new transfers to our company back at the start of May? Could have sworn I'd seen you in our building somewhere." There is a small smile, and he looks to Whitney. She wasn't someone he had met yet. Either she was a very new arrival, missed the last court, or was poaching. They were all interesting prospects.

Looking away from Luca, Whitney took a calming breath as she ordered his drink and used the moment to take a sip of her own. Holding the glass still, she looked back to him when he attempted to use wordplay to cover the obvious, which she could appreciate. What she didn't need right now was to get embroiled in a breach of the First.

"I'm guessing you'd be right about that, the spirit thing. Funny how people tend to flock together, you know?"

Another moment, another sip, wondering about the guy's intentions beyond the pleasant. She was definitely the newbie here, at least she assumed; the Predator inside was always angry rather than fearful since she had begun to study the ways of her Clan's power.

"No way! Where abouts?" she asked, quickly adding, "I'm a Manhattan girl myself; Upper East Side." Offering her free hand, she was relaxing a little, smiling. "Whitney."

Suddenly, there was another with them and Whitney could feel the rage inside growling, the savage urge to rend on pure instinct. Even though he was unassuming, he was still a rival and like a cat on the prowl, it made her heckles rise.

C
    CMS

He shook her hand, a firm handshake but maintaining a casual eyecontact, as if he were sizing her up. "Luca Bonanno - Your accent gave you away. I had a lot of friends in Manhattan so some part of me still recognizes it. I grew up in Philly, or just outside of Philly, but I moved around a lot for work, so..." When the interruption came, Luca took a sip of his drink, the gifts of the dragon providing the necessary motions, making it a pleasant and cheap experience. He spent a couple of seconds eyeing the newcomer, after which he smiled a knowing smile.

"Oh yeah, Right, Right, uhm, which department are you in again?" He said, trying to seem as though he had not just been caught off guard. "I didn't quite get your name, but it's always a pleasure to get reacquainted. Would you like a seat?" Luca gestured and tried to supress his ever growing urge to gauge out the eyes of the newcomer. For some reason the newcomers calm nature had a relaxing effect on him. Perhaps it was just a subconcious thing, but the fact that he seemed to be in control, made Luca relax a little more.

C
    Cartographer

"Yes thank you." Reese planted himself between the two Gangrel, and took a sip of the beer. "I'm Timothy Reese, and if I heard correctly it's Mr. Bonanno and Ms. Whitney?" He pauses long enough to catch their response before continuing. "To answer your question, I tend to bounce back and forth between the CEO's two departments." He offers a dismissive hand wave.

"You two are New Yorkers then?" There is a hint of curiosity in his voice. "I was never quite able to make it from the West Coast to the East." Well...not the Eastern United States at least.

C
    CMS

"Si, si." Bonanno said enthusiastically and nodded, letting the remark about departments slide - it was not the time for questioning his new acquaintance. "Born and raised, so it's difficult to not feel sort of homesick. Although the weather is a drastic improvement, that's enough reason alone to move to out here" He said with a broad smile. His gesticulations becoming slightly more pronounced as he relaxed in the company of the two Kindred. What a peculiar guy. Luca thought to himself. There was something about his unassuming nature and his clear cut appearance that made Bonanno think law enforcement, and hence made him uneasy. But those days are long gone his better judgement reminded him.

"How about you, Mr. Reese, you from 'round here, ooor...?" Bonanno dragged out his last word, letting Mr. Reese pick up and control the conversation fluently, hoping to make him feel comfortable in his presence.

A slam is heard at the other end of the room and a curse in anger as a young dark-haired woman in a purple tank top and black knee-length leggings seems to have had poor luck at a game of pinball.

She makes some excuse or complaint about the contraption being rigged and then snatches up a large glass of beer that she downs a third of before returning to the source of her aggravation. "Gorblimey, that's a naff piss," she remarks in shameless British slang under her breath as she fishes for another quarter to continue the struggle.

Still awaiting orders and teammates, Royal has been getting restless like a dog on a leash while squirrels circle around her. Some damn big squirrels. Not to mention the constant cravings that linger in the wake of her feeding. This place at least reminded her of a pub though. A scant reminder of the home she abandoned.

The Ghoul hardly notices the arrival of the predators, unaware of their Beasts behind their Blushed forms. But their words start to drift over as their conversation continues. The talk of CEOs and departments tell her they're dull office workers. Midwest and east coast by the sound of it. She spares the white-collared workers a brief glance, not bothering to mask her contempt for overprivledged wankstains.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread