(The Ardent) Surreptitious Meetings

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

Aw. Cute. Looks like Adam has a crush on the barista.

Varyx offered the barista one last smile, then turned around to see July coming into the shop. She stepped away from the counter to allow him to make his order and took a quick glance around the rest of the shop. Mom wasn't here yet, so maybe it was time to wait on introducing herself to the kid. Besides, there was no real reason - yet - to stop him from enjoying himself. The barista was cute, and she seemed to like the attention. Let them have their fun while she checked out the rest of the room.

Heels clicked against the hardwood floors as she walked across the cafe and took a seat. Something by the window, with decent sight-lines to most of the cafe (and definitely to Adam). She'd relax, sip her drink, and keep an eye on Adam while checking out the other patrons for anything notable, in either their behaviour or their auras.

C
    Casitive

While July has never seen anything like it before and can't think of what it might be, Wayland however, has an idea. The denizen of Stygia's perspective is always front and center and for a brief moment, the dueling and overlaying patterns look like possession.

Except, the overlaying pattern doesn't look like any numina Wayland has seen any ghost use.

Strange, isn't it?

Mrs. Rasmussen arrives hesitantly. Her sedan is nice, one of those forty-thosand dollar cars that can only be had when one is established. A statement that says unequivocally that the person driving has arrived. But, it's only a mask. Her eyes dart to and fro and when she sees July she moves towards him; skittish.

I only have about an hour,” she explains quietly. A glance inside, “Are you ready?

Wayland

Public Name: Richard "Richie" Holt
    Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

Hmm. he'd seen Possession before. One of the more truly horrifying training exercises he'd been on had been tracking down a woman who had been possessed by a Ghost who went around yelling abuse at people by the name of Nancy. True story yo. Things went south when someone took offense and slapped the possessed woman... That turned out to be a messy day.

But as far as possessions go, Ghosts tend to appear as a slow moving copy, as if they lag behind, leaving a brief afterglow, kinda like those shitty time dilation movies.... Or The Flash. This though? It looked like it was laid over top, like a filter or somethin'. What disturbed him more than anything, though, was that he didnt recognise it.

He turned to the others, but realised they had already gone inside. Is that like, a Thing? Leave the dude who looks like a drug dealer to stand out side the coffee shop?

Seeing the car roll up and Mrs Rasmussen step out and enter the shop, he follows her in to where July is standing. "Hey, thanks for meeting us here. I'm gonna get me a coffee, can I like, get you one?"

M
    Matrixchild

July turned to Mrs. Rasmussen and offered a smile before he waved Varyx over, "you've already met one of my associates, this is another. She's very good with talking to people. If they could join us I'd appreciate it. And I'm ready when you are," he finished, looking to her to lead the way. He wasn't sure how this conversation was going to go, but he had to be flexible. This was a delicate type of situation, especially with the unknown aspect of Adam July saw through his sight.

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

At July's motion, Varyx stood and approached the nervous-looking woman, offering her a reassuring smile and a hand to shake - though, if the woman didn't take it, she would simply drop the hand back to her side as if nothing had happened. No need to push such a skittish creature into unwanted physical contact, even something so benign.

"You must be Mrs. Rasmussen. I'm Vanessa. It's a pleasure to meet you." Relaxed, cordial, comfortable. Like this was normal, business as usual, and not a meeting to discuss her husband's violence or her son's potential possession. If you can't be confident, pretend to be. And if you can't pretend to be, surround yourself with people who can. There's nothing quite like being near someone who exuded confidence to gain a little confidence yourself. Varyx hoped the gentle certainty in her voice would calm Mrs Rasmussen, if only a little.

July, she thought, had the right approach - let the woman control the situation. Let her take the lead on how to approach her son. The smile stayed pleasant and assured, and she dipped her head once in agreement to July's words. "Whenever you're ready."

C
    Casitive

Mothers can't simply sneak into the place of their child's work without their child psychically knowing that their mom is there. It's not real magic, unless one thinks Harry Potter and its explanation that mothers have a primal magic all their own is correct. Adam freezes up and his eyes dart back and forth watching his Mother.

He doesn't run away, however. Adam moves to help someone else with their orders.

Mrs. Rasmussen, likewise, knows Adam is watching her and cringes a little. “Likewise,” she tells Varyx but Mrs. Rasmussen's aura deepens to a dark, dark blue a shade that fights with a light green.

July is someone who is mentally grasped at, like a life-raft in a storm. “Yeah,” she then says, eyes moving to Wayland. “Black.” There's nothing glib about her coffee choice. It's simple and to the point.

A seat is taken and Mrs. Rasmussen tries to take as little room as she can on her seat. Coiled and ready to run off if need be. Neighbors are nosy and neighbors always like to talk.

Um. I've never done anything like this before.

Wayland

Public Name: Richard "Richie" Holt
    Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

"Black coffee it is." He replied to Mrs Rasmussen, and he turns away to head to the counter. At least she had decent taste in coffee, at least to say that she had no taste in coffee. Just the way he liked it. Strong and hard.

Making his way to the barista at the counter he puts in his order, "Yo, two coffees thanks. Black no sugar." After he handed of cash he stood to the side while his order is made, and considers the situation at hand. Mrd Rasmussen had been start at least to make this meeting a public thing. He'd been on enough first dates to know that women knew to have a first date somewhere public so they can make an "emergency" call if they wanted to bail.

What was the young woman's involvment here though bro? Thats the question that concerned him though.

M
    Matrixchild

July listened patiently as Varyx made her introduction. Then he turned to Mrs. Rasmussen. He can tell that she is nervous, confirmed by her statement of course. He looked to her and gently said, "It's okay. I'll be right here and we'll try to be quick so you're not here long." He remembered how much she valued her privacy as well as trying not to leave herself open to her husband's abuse, even if she didn't think about it in those terms. He took a seat near her, leaving himself as a source of comfort or protection, as they waited for Adam to join them. She was nervous, and for the moment he wasn't going to force her anywhere she wasn't ready to go.

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx took her seat next to July, so that he was between her and Mrs Rassmusen. As much as she wanted to make the woman comfortable, she clearly wasn't - and she couldn't blame her, either. A new face in a tense situation like this one was never something that encouraged comfort. But it was clear that she found July to be someone solid and trustworthy, or at least moreso than anyone else. Let him act as a barrier, then, between the skittish woman and the new face, though Varyx was careful to sit such that she was not hidden from Mrs Rassmusen's view. For both the sake of eye contact and because little things - like being able to see what the mysterious new woman was doing - might lend her even a tiny bit more comfort. Anything to stop her from bolting before they got the information they needed.

She offered Mrs Rassmusen a smile at the comment that she'd never done this before. "That's alright. Perhaps then, you should simply start however you'd like. However you'd be most comfortable."

C
    Casitive

Mrs. Rasmussen shifts in her seat, eyes flickering around the room as though expecting something to jump out at her at any moment. Adam, meanwhile whispers something to his co-worker and pulls off his apron trotting over to his mother. There's something protective in his bearing about her as he leans down and presses a quick peck to her temple. “Hey mom,” he greets, sliding his attention at the three people in his presence.

Who are these people?” He asks her while not taking his eyes off of the group.

Mrs. Rassmussen stares at her son for a moment, before her lips part. “These are people willing to help, Adam. I, uh, they came by a little while ago... to the house. You know? I think they want to talk to you, about that night.

Yeah?” Adam says, tentatively reaching for a chair. “I don't have a long time. I have to get back to work.” Steely, brave eyes regard the three magi in way, gauging these people he doesn't know. “Why do you three give a shit?

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 18

You do not have permission to view the list of names.