Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

Mage OOC Talk and Questions

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 13 of 53 First ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... Last

0 Scenes

As I see it, everyone who isn't an official was singled out. The girls who're chatting about their random business and Shodan, who just had to be a dick to the Hierarch.

W
    Woland

I'd still argue that 'lame ass Council' is at least on the level of what Shodan did. And that a slap on the wrist in inner monologue =/= an entire diatribe.

What Shodan said sounds harsher now than what I wanted it to be, bit to be perfectly honest what he sees is more potential delay to an aleready cold case. Remember how Winter stated at the Path meeting that a Provost is not needed, and took offense on suggesting he shouldn't switch seats? Now he wants to appoint one.

OOC, my aim was to urge the Hierarch into force-starting the trial. I concede I could have worded it better.

0 Scenes

Yes, and that should have shown him that Winter isn't entirely biased toward Shodan, hint: he realized that Shodan's request wasn't without merit.
    The problem is exactly this, Shodan is being adversarial even though:

A) he's been given a lot of chances and multiple occasions to address the issues he might have with the former Sentinel;
    B) He doesn't exactly hold a lot of cards, yet he keeps acting like he entitled to something;
    C) He lost a duel, badly, nevertheless the event didn't prompt any reflection on his part, or at least, a behavior that the rest of the Characters could gauge IC.

Keep in mind that we're playing fast and loose with the Lore. If I were to adhere strictly to the lore and had I played my sheet, Shodan would already be under several layers of curses and neither you nor the Character would have the faintest cue (Sheetwise, Winter can do that).
    So yes, I appreciate Shodan as a toon and the way you roleplay his flaws and vices, but the reaction he receives is natural.

0 Scenes

A personal addendum, I'm not addressing anybody in particular:

I also realize that the current state of the game is also a reflection of what I call The Plague of Shards
    A Huge accent is on social interactions of the personal variety between characters, in and outside Shards. While I'm not particularly fond of those scenes, I respect other people's play-styles, but one cannot fault people for actually wanting to play Mage and discuss arcane matters every once in a while and move the plot forward, especially during consilium scenes (this is a general reflection, I'm not addressing anybody in particular).

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Shit, you ought to consider yourself lucky.

Twist would have already torped/killed you for talking like that to Alessandra or Asa.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

W
    Woland

Vincent , I did not mean to sound like I'm criticizing what you do with Winter. I (the player) understand why he wants to appoint a Provost, I can imagine he's holding fire magic-wise, and appreciate it.

I'd like to think Shodan is not unpleasant to be around in social scenes, and not completely useless when I consider plots he's already been in. I'd also like to think this kind of evens out the moments when his thin skin can make him look like he's full of piss and vinegar: in other words, I assume I'm not being obnoxious OOCly. Winter was pretty on-point when he said that Shodan's problem is taking everything personally, though.

On the topic of sitting down with Winter, the reason I didn't do that is that right after the Veil breach, he said something along the lines of 'one strike out of three'. At this point, Shodan thought the best course was to stay out of Winter's way, generally. As we know, this didn't work out - and now, the path to start anew is blocked by the trial. I was hoping our characters could meet after it's all resolved, but I didn't imagine Winter would accept an invitation before things ran their proper course.

That being said, I try not to be one-dimensionally hostile when I can. Shodan kept his word about giving Winter the notebook on ley lines, and he backed down immediately after Winter told him it's cool if he jumps from Sentinel to Councilor. Those are both trivial things, I know, but they were meant to show I'm open to a path forward.

West , I know, but this is not Vampire. I have read Asa go full Celerity+Protean for less, but Campanella is not an absolute monarch like the Prince is, and mages are citizens of consilium, not subjects in a feudal system. And if we're drawing parallels, Star has no official authority to tell Shodan to STFU - the Sentinel does. I'm aware he has history with two of the most respected characters in the venue and belongs to the Sentinel's Order, which gives his voice weight, but would the Prince's Hound appreciate if a not-Hound does his job?

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Oh, my bad. I thought it was clear that I was being flippant and dismissive.

Unlike you, I'd rather keep things IC than try to weasel out of them OOC.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

8. Likes Xander liked this post

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Some mood music for Bad House...

10. Likes Yumyumcrow, Ruach liked this post

0 Scenes

From the Consilium charter:

No Member of the Sacramento Consilium may hold more than one Consilium Office. Thus, to illustrate several examples, no Councilor may be both Councilor and Sentinel, or Councilor and Herald. Likewise, no Provost may be both Provost and Sentinel, and Provost and Herald, nor could a Herald be both Herald and Sentinel, and so on.

Then there is an explicit mention of the Hierarch:

The Hierarch is chosen from amongst the Councilors and is recognized as the wisest amongst them, and may appoint one Herald per ten Mages to assist her and act as the voice of the Hierarch and the voice of the Consilium.

Furthermore:
    • By Majority: A vote. A majority of votes is obtained from all Path members not seeking the appointment themselves. If the Conclave numbers too few to collect three votes, the 'majority' is too few and the collective will of all in attendance will pronounce the Councilor by Acclamation.
    • By Acclamation: A contender for the position is overwhelmingly favored to the extent that there is either no dissent, or only one or two -- often rivals for the position
    There hasn't been any Moros path meeting (as far as I know), therefore no Moros Councilor has been selected. We cannot retroactively add stuff to continuity.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

Sorry if I missed anyone's thread today.

I'll be back over the Weekend and will try and cover what I missed then.

13. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 13 of 53 First ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread