Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

Mage OOC Talk and Questions

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 26 of 53 First ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 ... Last

0 Scenes

It's that time again! Please turn in your XPRs before the end of the month!

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Hello, I have two sets of questions and I hope I’m asking them in the appropriate place.
    According to this rule the willpower of mages is halved, rounded down.
    http://nwod.org/forum/showthread.php...5#post14450325
    Does this also apply for the purposes of the duel arcana? If not how do we regain the lost willpower from half pool to full pool?

Another set of questions regarding the rule for vulgar spells after rank 2.
    http://nwod.org/forum/showthread.php...832#post444832
    Does this rule also affects spells that are originally rank 2 but in the spell description provide a different effect if cast by a mage with higher rank in the arcana?
    Does this fall in this specific line “Spells which have +1 Proficiency for changes such as Advanced Spell Factors or Combined Casting will be considered the base Spell for Paradox.”
    Thank you.

Puck Scenes

I don't think the duel arcane or astral journeys ever came up in the discussion of willpower for a ruling to be handed down. Traditionally the admins don't address an issue until it comes up IC because they have a bunch of stuff to do already like updating xp spends and running plots for us. I have to admit I am likewise curious though now that I'm playing an astral plot.

As for spell aspect, the paradox pool is calculated with the original dot value of the spell. So if you want to cast Transform Aura (Prime 2) with advanced duration factors it's still a covert spell because the +1 for Advanced duration wouldn't count for the purpose of the Spell Aspect HR.
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

5. Likes , Damaged Goods, Ruach liked this post

0 Scenes

What I've been doing in Changeling for Dreams, where Health is your Willpower, you have full access to those boxes to mark the WP/Health, but you can only actively spend your half pool.

So your half pool can refresh like normal, while the marked WP/Heath can regen in the background.

7. Likes Xander, Yumyumcrow, Ruach liked this post
    Kaze
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco
    Kaze

Striking Looks (Fit and Healthy Glow) 2
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco

I’m thinking it would be good and reasonable to adopt the same approach to Will Power in Mage for player run plots and such, at least until there is an official Mage Story Teller to decide how they want to handle it?
    What I've been doing in Changeling for Dreams, where Health is your Willpower, you have full access to those boxes to mark the WP/Health, but you can only actively spend your half pool.

So your half pool can refresh like normal, while the marked WP/Heath can regen in the background.

9. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post

I have a mechanics or rules question:

The Wiki says:
    • Wisdom: May be dropped to 5 for the benefit of Character Creation XP
    Is that part of the 30 we start with? Is that something extra? How much do we get and do we spend them as XP, merit points, etc?

I have a mechanics or rules question:

The Wiki says:
    • Wisdom: May be dropped to 5 for the benefit of Character Creation XP
    Is that part of the 30 we start with? Is that something extra? How much do we get and do we spend them as XP, merit points, etc?
    Hi Jake, new kid on the block here as well.

You can start with 30XP and 7 Wisdom, 35XP and 6 Wisdom or 40XP and 5Wisdom.

These are the general character creation rules: http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Character_Creation_Rules

Mage has a lot of house rules I would suggest you to read them to.

Besides the normal effects of low Wisdom I believe it also affects how much starting mana you have during a scene so consider lowering that at your own peril

12. Likes liked this post

For your reference Jake, here are the rules: http://nwod.org/forum/showthread.php?36087
    Plays the wannabe mage Popsicle.

14. Likes Ruach liked this post

0 Scenes

It's that time again folks! XPRs are due at the end of the month!

16. Likes BoxingUnicorn, , Ruach liked this post

I'm all approved and I think I have everything for my character set up. I don't see where or how to start? Do I start a thread up about rolling into town? Is there a person I talk to first?

Page 26 of 53 First ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread