Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

Mage OOC Talk and Questions

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 24 of 53 First ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 ... Last

Twist Scenes

Hello, a newbie question:
    I saw here that Creative Thaumaturgy should be approved first. I found this thread where people post CT ideas. Am I correct to assume that I simply post an idea there and wait for it to be checked by a ST? Or I need to read something else first that I have missed?

I found nothing about Creative Thaumaturgy in the thread "Mage Guide and Rules" or the thread about "Mage spellcasting"
    I will totally find something cool to put here - eventually.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

No. Thats pretty much it.

Just note that with no set Mage ST, it might take a while to get your ideas thoroughly checked out

3. Likes Ruach, Fedup liked this post

0 Scenes

That time again folks! Get your XPRs in before the end of the month!

5. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

I'll set up a Mysterium meeting in January.

I figure we'll all be caught up with other stuff over the next few weeks with Christmas and New Year.

Aeolus Crystal Aurora Orianna Fedup Corn

7. Likes Aeolus liked this post

Twist Scenes

Sounds good to me.

Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra
    Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra

Looking forward to it

Twist Scenes

Hi all. Sorry if this sounds stupid but, can my mage offer Tass from his Sanctum? I didn't see anything against it (or for it) in the wiki. Can mages share tass in this game?
    If my mage does give tass around, it counts as if sharing my hallow? Or there's something different?

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

It would depend on the situation, I guess.

If Corn was handing Tass out to anyone who asked for it during a Consilium meeting, it would probably count as sharing the Hallow (and probably drain it for the next month).

Handing 1-2 measures of Tass to a select few in a scene might get a pass. Might. It would depend on who was running the scene.

Ultimately, it would be up to Saber Sloth - as she would have to note the Tass on character's character sheets if it isn't used in the immediate scene.

12. Likes Xander, liked this post

0 Scenes

Basically what Yumyumcrow says, but don't you need Prime 3 to Create Tass in the first place?

Unless I'm blanking on some Magey rule, which is totally possible.
    Last edited by Saber Sloth; Dec 13th, 2020 at 11:43 AM.

Puck Scenes

It depends on the hallow and how the prima materia gathers around.

Tass is detailed on page 78 of Mage core and mentions edible tass for hallows in hot springs and gardens and such. The problem is that it takes 10 minutes or an hour to kick in depending on the medium it is stored in according to RAW. The Create Tass spell would be for converting mana to tass, which I understood to be the norm for most hallows and mages.

As a side note, Tass is a bit niche for most mages. The thing about it is that it takes time to kick in if given in an edible form. If it isn't available as an edible medium, then you would need the spell Channel Mana to move the mana points from the tass to a mages pattern. Given the age and paths of most of the active mages, I'm assuming Prime 3+ is more a wish list item at the moment. If it is, then Tass isn't especially useful/valuable for most of the current mages because they have no way of accessing the mana stored inside. Which isn't to say Tass gifts are a bad idea, only that you'd probably need to buy up Prime to make it viable first.
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

15. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 24 of 53 First ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread