Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

Mage OOC Talk and Questions

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 19 of 53 First ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... Last

Ah, summoning Cthulhu then I see. No worries. Just wanted to make sure nothing further business needed hashing out before hand.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Speaking of social groups in chat, why don't y'all move those discussions to private?

Now I'm free to ask Yumyumcrow :

... And then the top of head explodes in a shower of gore and bone.
    Can Star tell if this is a true explosion i.e. inner force bursting outward, or directional like an impact from behind?
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

3. Likes Yumyumcrow, Mark liked this post
    Kaze
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco
    Kaze

Striking Looks (Fit and Healthy Glow) 2
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco

....Also as a side note, I just realized that unless I missed something Ruach has been silently waiting with no word on how long or when Kaze's incarceration was supposed to begin or end. I think he should definitely be allowed to attend concilium, and we should probably have a conversation on whether or not he can return to regular play.
    Thanks! To be honest, I yes have half been tentative on posting and keeping out of scenes due to the IC uncertainty of how and when to do the incarceratio--and will apprecieate direction on how to do it OOC/IC, glimpses only?--and the other half is just crazy virus stuff and working from home with hours more unpredictable than normal.

5. Likes Xander liked this post

I personally don't think you'll need to do only glimpses. I think there is some room for IC scenes between you and your jailors compatriots. Winter had floated the idea of incarceration with the Guardians and, if that's still the case, I'm more than happy to do a scene with Kaze and Tyche, depending on if she is the one tasked with watching him or not.

That said, it is best to move this along, I think. Perhaps in the opening post of Consilium having a statement of Kaze's incarceration could be useful in helping Ruach plan scenes for him during this phase.

7. Likes Yumyumcrow, Ruach liked this post

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Same, I wouldn't mind a scene while Kaze is incarcerated.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

9. Likes Ruach liked this post

Puck Scenes

I can check with the other councilors in the group, but I would be under the impression that any incarceration sentence would allow visitation. I personally envision incarceration as limiting the scope of where the scenes can be, not cutting out scene slots unless the council is just absolutely pissed at what you did.

Give us a few days and we'll get back to you.
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

11. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

West - Star could tell it was a true explosion. The poor guy's head blows up from the inside out.

And just to add a note of... something else... there is a direction to the explosion as well.

The source of the explosion is in the cult guy's head. The direction of the blast is... UP.

Make of that what you will
    Mark - Numinous Shield is 3 dot because of what the spell attempts to block / counter. This Shield spell counters Numina, that is, the powers that spirits can employ.

Ephemeral Shield (Spirit 2) blocks physical attacks and attacks from ephemeral beings - so is limited to combat.

Numinous Shield tries to block those pesky Influences, Urges, ranged attacks (Blasts) Harrows and whatever else a spirit entity can sling at you.

13. Likes Mark, Ruach liked this post
    Kaze
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco
    Kaze

Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco

I can check with the other councilors in the group, but I would be under the impression that any incarceration sentence would allow visitation. I personally envision incarceration as limiting the scope of where the scenes can be, not cutting out scene slots unless the council is just absolutely pissed at what you did.

I really appreciate it, thanks! And thank you SO much Vincent, Stray and West for the offer of scene slots visiting with Kaze during incarceration! That's so generous, and I really appreciate it (and ACCEPT!) and look forward to the scenes!

I will need guidance as to the IC circumstances, so any glimpses for Kaze are consistent with what the incarceration will look like. I don't want to have him on the Internet or something if it wouldn't be allowed, just for example. It sounds like that will be covered IC, so again, thanks! i know this is ultimately due to real player mistakes (I was posting in character, as Kaze would, but honestly making the mistakes due to my own inexperience with the genre and frankly rushing the posts and losing track a bit of which scene was in which location/circumstances), so the punishment is actually deserved OOC as well as IC; I feel almost guilty for how kind of cool it is to play out something I haven't seen played out before!

Kaze
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco
    Kaze

Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco

I really appreciate it, thanks! And thank you SO much Vincent, Stray and West for the offer of scene slots visiting with Kaze during incarceration! That's so generous, and I really appreciate it (and ACCEPT!) and look forward to the scenes!

I will need guidance as to the IC circumstances, so any glimpses for Kaze are consistent with what the incarceration will look like. I don't want to have him on the Internet or something if it wouldn't be allowed, just for example. It sounds like that will be covered IC, so again, thanks! i know this is ultimately due to real player mistakes (I was posting in character, as Kaze would, but honestly making the mistakes due to my own inexperience with the genre and frankly rushing the posts and losing track a bit of which scene was in which location/circumstances), so the punishment is actually deserved OOC as well as IC; I feel almost guilty for how kind of cool it is to play out something I haven't seen played out before!

16. Likes Yumyumcrow, Stray liked this post

Puck Scenes

Yumyumcrow

I screwed up in Dry Hallow.

When I went back to check the duration of my Dark Matter spell I realized I forgot to note the mana cost for an imrpovised spell. Add in the 2 mana for Finder and the 4 mana for the two Apportation spells and Pixel is at -7 mana when his pool is only 6. To rectify that, would it be acceptable to say he retroactively scoured a health box for 1 mana? It'll balance the numbers, fit IC since Pixel would have sucked up a little pain if it saved someone's life, and the -1 HP in the current scene can be my Dumb Tax for not properly tracking mana costs.
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

18. Likes Yumyumcrow, Ruach liked this post
Page 19 of 53 First ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread