Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

Mage OOC Talk and Questions

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 53 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... Last

Written in Death

Please include a wiki link to any spell/rote question!
    Last edited by West; Jun 5th, 2017 at 10:51 AM.
    This is a generic account for moderating the Mage game/forums. It cannot receive messages and inquiries should be posted on your character sheet or messaged to the specific Mage ST(s).

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

A couple of things, since there's been some concerns in a scene.

Of Vulgar Spells & Lying

This really looks like confusion of how a Vulgar spell is actualized. Whether or not the old house rules of visible glyphs are used or not, we know a few things from RAW:
    - The Nimbus flares with a Vulgar Spell
    - A Vulgar spell can be Counter-Spelled (this more than anything indicates that the casting of a Vulgar spell is immediately identifiable)

These apply whether a spell was successful or not. A failed Spellcasting roll does not mean the spell was never cast: it (usually) means the spell was cast with 0 Potency and did not take effect. Like shooting a firearm or swinging a melee weapon, a failed roll is a miss -- not a negation of the action.

Of Conflict Resolution

Couple things here, too.

I'm not the ST. Or a Mod. I do my best to help out with bookkeeping since no one else has volunteered. In the nicest way possible, that means I don't want to adjudicate, offer opinions on chargen, etc.

Playing in a sandbox means that. You have to learn to get along. You have to communicate with each other instead of throwing sand or taking your toys and leaving. Was a rules mistake made? Sure. Was it some nefarious, ill-meaning intent? Probably not. Would an open discussion about it helped everyone? Probably.

Saber Sloth
    Playing in a sandbox means you have a responsibility to everyone else to fact-check yourself; your actions against rules, so they don't have to.

Xander
    Playing in a sandbox means that catty shit like:
    "...and you will have to drag West out of retirement to devalue my ruling arcana by treating it as such.
    Also Jericho exits the scene."

Is probably going to make you That Guy (that no one wants to scene with). Sure, Saber and Cayce mixed up the rules. And you were right. But you could have been gracious about instead of... that.

But either way?

You need to believe in the best intent in each other rather than the worst, and have open discussion.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

3. Likes Yumyumcrow, Travisc06489 liked this post
    Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra
    Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra

So I have a question about casting more than one spell at once. I was given the link to the Wiki page and I'll be honest, I couldn't understand it...lol! Aurora was going to cast two Life spells to make things easier, but I couldn't figure it out. It's probably the easiest thing to get, and I can't get it:P Can anyone explain it in easier terms? I understand having the +1 expertise in the Arcana used, and Aurora would have had it, one was a level 1 the other a level 3, so she has level 4. What gets me is the dice pool. They would have been equal, Gno+Life, neither is a Rote. So after subtracting the two dice as per the Wiki, would it have been Gno+Life-2 and if the dice roller doesn't hate me, and there are 2 suxx, both are successful? I'm just trying to clear it up in my head in case I want to try and use it later Sorry for the long post!

5. Likes Vincent liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

Vincent for Cortez - Supernal Vision grants elements of Aura Perception automatically. Aura Perception as a Mind spell allows you to see emotions in the aura. Supernal Vision's aura perception ability is limited to nature only.

So Winter won't be able to read any emotional states but he will be able to clearly distinguish between Awakened Mage, Sleeper, Sleepwalker, and the like.
    Orianna - for Combined casting, yes, that sounds about right. Check Arcana levels; go with lowest dice pool - 2 and you need two successes at minimum for both spells to work.

7. Likes Orianna, Cayce, Vincent liked this post

Puck Scenes

Question for Cayce while I'm waiting on Benji for Anger Management.

Winter used intimidate on Bacchus and I'm obviously going to roll to resist it. My problem/question is how to role play it with the agitator gone from the scene before I had the chance to roll. Should it be a single paragraph in my next post or played for the rest of the scene? Does it matter? Also, if a roll is still required, are there any modifiers on it for it being a 'safe space' for talking about stress and such, or for having a trained mental health professional around to address the accusations being leveled against him? I know under the suggested mods for interrogation on page 82 there's a bonus (+2) for having a lawyer on the way. This isn't an interrogation, but I wanted to ask since a relevant professional is present.
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

Kaze
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco
    Kaze

Striking Looks (Fit and Healthy Glow) 2
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco

Kaze would like to be in the Timewar plot please! And if it's okay to bring a friend (and ok with that friend), he'd like to bring Phoenyx too! ��

W
    Woland

I'm game for going back in time, too!

C
    Cross

Yumyumcrow re: Clock plot - we've got a lot of characters in this plot. Do you want to split it into two subgroups and tackle different angles of the scenario to keep it manageable? As well, are we about to dive in or do we have some prep time IC to do Rituals et al.?

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

I was going to kick things off in the new year.

The scene I wrote up was to gauge interest and lay the groundwork...

Which I think has worked!

ADDENDUM: If I've got a lot of interest I'll look at splitting the party. And remember [b]KASTERBOROUS[b] has identified the source of a temporal attack in the present so there is always that possibility as well
    Last edited by Yumyumcrow; Dec 24th, 2018 at 12:17 AM.  Reason for Edit: extra thoughts

Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra
    Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra

If Aurora wanted to cast Life Shield on multiple targets at once, can she, and what would the dice penalty be? I've never done it before, so wasn't sure. Thanks

14. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 1 of 53 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread