Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

Mage OOC Talk and Questions

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 31 of 53 First ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 ... Last

0 Scenes

It's about that time again! Get your XPRs in!

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Puck Scenes

Fedup

Just a heads up. Under the perfected metals section of the wiki it states that ordinary metals are perfected by sending them into a twilight state and bringing them back to material form a bunch of times in quick succession. This was established canonically when Star crafted the River Rings for Avis and Star Back In The Day.

It's a pretty obscure bit of information, but that last post with Corn in concilium made me think you might want to check out those two wiki articles for reference since it sounds like you're eyeing thaumium in the long term. Mercury poisoning won't really be a thing for him if he's just trying to perfect the mercury, but finding a way in and out of twilight as an initiate of death might be a more immediate concern to tackle.

Hope that helps, and feel free to ignore me if I'm wrong.
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

4. Likes , Yumyumcrow, Ruach liked this post

Twist Scenes

Fedup

Just a heads up. Under the perfected metals section of the wiki it states that ordinary metals are perfected by sending them into a twilight state and bringing them back to material form a bunch of times in quick succession. This was established canonically when Star crafted the River Rings for Avis and Star Back In The Day.

It's a pretty obscure bit of information, but that last post with Corn in concilium made me think you might want to check out those two wiki articles for reference since it sounds like you're eyeing thaumium in the long term. Mercury poisoning won't really be a thing for him if he's just trying to perfect the mercury, but finding a way in and out of twilight as an initiate of death might be a more immediate concern to tackle.

Hope that helps, and feel free to ignore me if I'm wrong.
    Ahh... forgot to answer that!
    Thanks Xander. Yes, the goal is to make Thaumium once we get a master in matter again (I am a loooong way from Mastery). I had something much less grand than what you present in mind to be honest. But that certainly was worth a look.

What I wonder is if spirit can be used instead of death to send them back and forth in twilight state.
    I will totally find something cool to put here - eventually.

6. Likes Xander, Ruach liked this post

Puck Scenes

I haven't been a storyteller here in years, but my gut reaction says no.

Spirit opens a bridge between two different but coexisting worlds. It doesn't physically transform anything. What makes Death kind of unique is that since Twilight is a state of being rather then a coexisting plane, Ghost Gate will actually physically transform the mage and his equipment. It's not a travel spell like Spirit Roads or Portal, which is why Death is uniquely central to the process of creating perfected metals. The perfection occurs by the rapid transmutation from physical to Twilight back and forth, which only Death does in a way that allows you to transmute the stuff you have on you.

That's my two cents from the peanut gallery though.

8. Likes Yumyumcrow, Ruach liked this post

Twist Scenes

I haven't been a storyteller here in years, but my gut reaction says no.

Spirit opens a bridge between two different but coexisting worlds. It doesn't physically transform anything. What makes Death kind of unique is that since Twilight is a state of being rather then a coexisting plane, Ghost Gate will actually physically transform the mage and his equipment. It's not a travel spell like Spirit Roads or Portal, which is why Death is uniquely central to the process of creating perfected metals. The perfection occurs by the rapid transmutation from physical to Twilight back and forth, which only Death does in a way that allows you to transmute the stuff you have on you.

That's my two cents from the peanut gallery though.
    I am not ST either but what you say makes sense.
    Also... may I use that very nicely put theory for IC reply to such concerns?
    I will totally find something cool to put here - eventually.

10. Likes Ruach liked this post

Puck Scenes

Go for it!

Puck doesn't have the occult to say anything like that, so this is probably as close as I'm getting to that conversation.

12. Likes Ruach liked this post

Puck Scenes

Yumyumcrow

I messed up and didn't include the roll code for the actual scrutiny in the plot thread. It was rolled though, and I've included it below. Sorry about that!

1 suxx scrutiny
    Date Action Roll Result
    2021-07-17 20:45:49 Puck rolls 4 to Scrutinize (Int+Occ) (10 Again) 9, 4, 6, 6 1 success

14. Likes Yumyumcrow, Ruach liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

Ta

16. Likes Ruach liked this post

0 Scenes

Remember folks, get your XPRs in before the end of the month!!

18. Likes Ruach liked this post

Puck Scenes

Guru drops the ritually casted Evidence Shroud for the new one to stay within Spell tolerance.
    Took the higher penalty for max targets but you can choose not to accept it if you want it.

Active spells:
    Pulse of the Living World / Sense Life (Pot:2/2)
    Organic Resilience Pot: 5
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3 Combined Life+Matter
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3

Emphasis mine.
    Shane I swear I don't mean to dog pile the criticism/misinterpretations, but unless I missed something this isn't how spell casting works. If you roll with the penalty to cast on four targets you cast on four targets. You can use the rules for Spell Control on page 128 to drop targets after the spell is cast, but that doesn't allow an opt out option. Unless I missed something, this isn't a thing that exists in the rules.

I wanted to give a heads up in case I missed something mechanical, on which case feel free to tell Puck to fuck off, but otherwise casting on others without prior consent is a pretty big faux pas. For Guru and Phoenyx.

20. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 31 of 53 First ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread