Ended
Watch

New Management

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan's grin stayed as Mhairi laughed. Then turned to surprise with wide eyes as Mhairi brought up her mother. And confusion as her eyes darted about, looking away from Mhairi. She'd not intended to bring up painful memories, but wasn't sure if she had or had not. Morgan didn't question the evasion or what stuff was. Memory was a hazy thing after all. Instead, she just bowed her head, "Oh, heh-heh, s-sorry if t-that song tis unpleasant subject. N-nay meant to bother, heh, j-j-just could nay cogitate another r-r-r-repeat song, heh. Oh, um yeah, wearin' still cause, uh," and now she was blushing, "Imma k-kinda used to the bigger-bag weight. So~o nay notice lil' bag s-s-sometimes, heh-heh."

That having extra cover between her back and another attack was comforting on a psychological level was not mentioned. Morgan recomposed herself and chuckled at Mhairi's praise of the Freehold. "G-g-glad we art doing well by ye Mhairi, heh. Godo-good folks stayed I guess tis-what-it-tis. A-a-autumn heh-here tis a sight better 'n twas in Chicago, heh," she grimaced at the memories of that city but shook her head to clear it off. "Imma ssstill staggered I gots the Leaden Mirror mantle, heh. Any-who, I've g-glad ye hath f-f-found so much civility when ye arrived. G-g-guess that doth mean the Freehold tis recovering from the troub-erm troubles past, heh." Troubles that she hoped Mhairi was not afflicted with anytime soon. Or at least nothing as unpleasant as what she'd gone through with Cosima.

That had been unpleasant for everyone involved or observing. Don't dwell on it. Neither a need nor should you ruin the mood. Tilting her head, her train of thought was thrown off by several things at once. Daniel had done his quest, and Ava (Queen Ava) was congratulating Evelynn on, oh! "Erm, moment please?" she turned to Evelynn, "Yuppers c-c-congrats to ye on-on joining a c-court Evelynn. Imma certain went better then my joining without kenning that I had joined, heh-heh." she chuckled and shrugged as she said the last part.

Turning back to Mhairi, an idea came to her: "S-sorry for tanget. Um, query if-if I may? Imma only f-f-familiar with this heh-hold and Chicago's. Others are j-just hearsay to me. T'would it offend if I ask heh-how many ye art familiar with? Ye m-may ask me question too-too-too, tis fine."

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

(Seeming Blessing)Glamour 4 Spent
    PRE

When Alex made his toast to Ava, Terri had to be honest with herself; there was a pang of regret. She knew the responsibility and the respect that came with the position and, yes, there was still that desire to rule but the Beast had to be realistic. Some things simply weren’t meant to be. Raising her drink to congratulate the Dread Lady, the reinstated Legate of Mists and new manager of Edna’s simply smiled with thanks when Ava graciously deflected the toast back onto Terri.

Yeah, some things weren’t meant to be.

”I know what to sing now,” Terri said to Rick, her mind eased considerably from the hole it had settled into. Leaning up and kissing him on the cheek, Terri heads over to the karaoke machine, setting up her choice, which was indeed another Paramore song. It wasn’t like she was obsessed or anything.

The moment the song kicked in, Terri fell into the zone, her natural magnetism and positivity flooding out as she not only sung but danced around to the music also; a petite red ball of energy and hope and good vibes. The moment the performance (because that’s exactly what it was) had finished, Terri beamed. “Just wanna say once again thanks for coming everyone, you’re all awesome!” She then danced back to Rick , and eat and drink and be merry, taking one night at a time, sticking to the present without worrying about yesterday or tomorrow.

5 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-05-13 02:12:56 Terri Nutkins rolls 12 to PRE + Expression + SL (10 Again) 5, 10, 6, 6, 1, 1, 8, 5, 8, 2, 7, 10, 6, 9 5 successes
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Alex Rivers

Alex takes note of Morgan's question about other Freeholds.

"I'm only familiar with one other Freehold. That's Redding. To sum it up in one word... NOPE."

And in other news, Terri has some serious skills...

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse
    Duration: Year and a Day

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)

PRE

Daniel exited the ‘stage’ area with an unruffled smile still on his face, not caring that he’d just butchered his way through the notes of the song.

He chuckled at Ava’s encouragement, knowing how he must have sounded and took a moment to consider her opportunity. He didn’t want to embarrass her deliberately. His mind thought of something that might be more fitting, than his usual depressing selection. She was Autumn, though not your stereotypical terrorfying witch as Betony Rue had been. Still, when the thought struck him of a movie he’d seen so many years ago, he had a hard time dislodging it, until he finally gave and replied.

“Alright. How about a song from Hocus Pocus?” There was only one he imagined would be on a karaoke playlist. Stereotypes aside, he imagined Ava’s unsettling yet strangely entrancing voice would do the tune justice.

As Helen finished her performance (and Terri knocked everyone else’s routine out of the park), Daniel decided he should approach the Wizened and introduce himself.

“You have a nice voice,” he commented, extending a hand tentatively. If she refused he wouldn’t be insulted. “Daniel Leto. It’s good to meet you.”
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Mhairi jumps on to Daniel's words like a cat pouncing a mouse. "Yep-yepers. Home-taught!" While she was ashamed of her skills, or how she'd gotten them, she didn't want to opening that can of worms, at a party. Glad for the gravewight's support, she cheered loudly for him as his next song flailed more then her first attempt did.

"Oh-uh-yeah!" in the middle of cheering for Helen, Mhairi spins around when Ava mentions that Evelynn joined a court. "Sooo sorry I've not-ah-ah said anything er-sooner. You're-ah mantle is just-really subtle-which I-ah guess is good for the-ah Onyx Court-uh right?"

Then the most wonderful words Mhairi'd ever heard were spoken.'more later'. "Ooh that-ah sounds great~! I'd-ah love a-a baking day. I-ah haven't done something like that in-ah long-long time! I make some mean peanut butter cookies!"

"Ah.." Mhairi nods at Morgan's explanation of her bag. "I'-ah can get that."

Mhairi gave some thought to Morgan's question. "Oh-uh-other 'holds...I-ah haven't sworn to-ah any but-uh here. But I-ah did some traveling. Before-uh-getting directed here. They-uh said that-it was a friendly 'hold. And I'm-ah glad that it true!" Mhairi withholds the fact that it had been her uncle that told her about the 'hold. She really didn't want to bring up her family drama.

"Wooo! Terri!" Mhairi cheered for the truefriend's upbeat and awesome choice. And as much as Morgan already was a member of the Rick and Terri fanclub, Mhairi felt herself slowly becoming a member after every cute-couple-y interaction they'd had.

Mhairi had a thought. A song that she'd wanted to sing, but doubted that Terri would have it on a playlist. So with a wide crooked smile, the elemental darted back to her room with a quick "Be right back!" Her mad dash to and from her room ended with the elelmental slightly out of breath, but her ipod safely in hand, catching the tailed of Daniel's question to Ava. Desided she'd let the Dream Queen yay or nay the song, the elemental caught her breath, so when the stage was next free Mhairi could claim it for herself.
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

L

And there it was. He'd known that Terri would get up here to perform eventually. And he'd seen several incredible karaoke performances from her over the years. That definitely ranked up among them. Even better, that bit of a glum mood she'd been in seemed to have vanished.

The Ranger can't help but smile, and smile wide, as she dances back towards him after her performance. One of his hands finds hers, lifting them both above his head to launch her into a quick spin before pulling her towards him. "Now that's more like it, sounds like you're starting to get into he swing of the party.'

Her song done, Helen gives the stage to Terri and watches, entranced, as she brings down the house. When she's finished, Helen claps her ink-stained hands wildly: "Brava! Brava!" She watches the Truefriend dance her way back to Rick, smiling. Such an Ardent Autumn the world has never seen, she muses to herself.

But then Daniel is introducing himself and of course she takes his hand, giving it a squeeze with her blackened fingers. Her Onyx eyes, pleasantly intense, lock onto his own as he speaks. "And you sing with admirable spirit," she replies sincerely. "It is lovely to meet you, Daniel. I'm Helen. Helen Powers." She pauses for a moment to admire the wisps of fog that trail off the Darkling, her smile turning a bit wistful. "You remind me of home. I've recently arrived from San Francisco."

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

"Heh-thank thee Alex. I r-r-reposte that ye s-s-should consider Chicago the-the same." She nodded as she spook, acknowledging Alex's contribution. But there was another matter: Terri was amazing at singing! The Twilit-correction, Lady Scrivener added her own cheers to the chorus praising Terri: "A-a-awe inspiring s-s-song Terri!"

As Mhairi's seemed a little...unnerved about the Freehold topic. This made Morgan wince, "Heh-heh j-just curious. I n-nay-nay swore at Chicago, honest-truth: twas too scared of-of them. N-no biggie, heh." she smiled as she waved it off with both her hands. Why was people stuff so easy to mess up? "I uh--huh?" And Mhairi was off to the stage, "Er-uh, g-g-good luck!" Which left Morgan to flounder for a moment. She then shrugged and decided to bitch up Chicago, see if Alex wanted to do the same about Redding. "Erm, y-yeah Chicago twas bad Alex. T-too gangster-violent a heh-hold for myself. M-m-mean "pranks" t-too." one could almost hear the air quotes.

She was never going to forgive those Autumn courtiers for their "prank" with the pack of starving wild dogs. "Ssssome really-really-really good deep-pizza places though, heh-heh."

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)

PRE

“I’m glad,” he said when Helen commented that he reminded her of home. The Lost needed every reminder of that that they could get “Though, I’m afraid I don’t do trolley sounds.” Her own eyes reminded him of pools of ink. He wondered if that’s what people thought when they looked into his.

“I thought about settling in San Francisco when I was first moving to California. Eventually I decided against it. Too big.” Too obvious. “What brings you to Sacramento?”
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

Evelynn East

Presence 2 (Curious)
    Wizened Inventor/Telluric

Winter Mantle:
    Moment of hush
    Evelynn East

Mask

Short and petite, Evelynn is pale, with a pair of wide brown eyes hidden behind a set of very large glasses.

Mein

A thin, long-fingered woman with eyes that are impossibly large and glassy, giving her the appearance of wearing large, thick glasses when she's not. Her skin is almost translucent in its paleness, and underneath, one can sometimes see the ticking of clockwork parts.

Mantle

The occasional hush falls around her - those moments of silence where surrounding conversations all lull at the same moment seem to happen more often, or perhaps the silences are just more noticeable.
    Pledges

Winter Annual Freehold Pledge

PRE

Evelynn was caught up in a whirlwind of people offering her congratulations on her new mantle. She grinned and chirped a quick "Thanks!" to each of her well-wishers before she turned her attention to Morgan. "Wait, wait, you joined the Autumn court without know you'd joined?" A quick giggle escaped her. "That sounds like quite a story!" She didn't want to ask, exactly, since it may not be something Morgan wanted to share details about, but she figured the comment left the conversation open enough to allow the Beast to dive into the story if she wanted to, but without pressure to do so if she didn't.

Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread