Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Starting over...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Miach

PRE

Even though he obviously shared little with Avis, it didn't sit well with Miach that they wouldn't even be on speaking terms anymore. Their community was too small for that kind of shit. She may have disagreed strongly with his contribution when they talked about it, but it still remained that the Acanthus had been fully supportive of her idea of Communal Grounds, and that he had done nothing to warrant being dissed as he had. But the woman was nothing if not intense...

At least, she had agreed to meet him. Walking in front of the Museum and toying with the keys while waiting for the Warlock, the Curator wondered what would come of it. At worst, she wouldn't even give him another chance at talking... At best, they might start over a strained relation of respect, perhaps ? Well, that was all he hoped for, at least for now. Optimism and Avis didn't mix well, as far as he was concerned. Alas.

Maybe he'd get really lucky, and get past that opinion too...

2. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Honestly, she hadn't been surprised to hear from Miach. Not considering that Varyx had recently left his cabal and joined hers, but he hadn't exactly mentioned that on the phone. Not that he'd really mentioned much besides his desire to speak with her, so maybe he was just being safe. Keeping chatter low on something as easy to peep on as a phone. Either way, she assumed that topic would eventually be brought to the table.

Not that she minded. He'd said he wanted to clear the air, after all, and though she was undoubtedly not an easy person to interact with, she wasn't someone that wanted conflict to be perpetuated. That way lay destruction, after all.

So, in an effort to help make this work, she'd put on people clothes today. The kind other people wore: jeans, t-shirt, red leather jacket. Something more appropriate for visiting a museum than sweats, anyways.

"Hey," Avis said as she mounted the steps and began trotting up to join the Mystagogue.

"Thanks for hosting," she added. "I like the museum, actually, so its nice to be invited inside."
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Miach

PRE

OOC

Avis being Avis, Miach had expected meeting her all defiant and poised, of course. It was thus with no little surprise that he watched the dull - but still somewhat intense - woman walk up the stairs to join him. She was dressed as normally as they came, and her first words were fit for an actually peaceful meeting.

Whatever was happening, the Curator was hoping to preserve it, and went along with a smile. "Hey. Thank you for seeing me. And you're welcome back to the Museum, as any other legitimate member of our Community, of course. I trust you'll find it pretty much unchanged since last time, so I hope it has kept what you liked." and with a sweeping motion, he greeted her back into the Mysterium's hold.

"I have prepared a couple of drinks in my office, if you'd like, or we can roam the museum free. It's past the usual opening hours, after all." the Enchanter offered. "The current exhibit is about the Maidu." he completed.

5. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Walking is nice," Avis replied simply, following the towering man into the gallery of preserved history. It would help to have an excuse to stare at things, she liked to think, that plus the sensation of motion was always pleasant. That, and she liked open spaces. Hence why she lived in a theater and hung out in a cathedral. Museum exhibits weren't that different, not when it came to cubed footage. It definitely still beat an office, at any rate.

"So what do you want to talk about?" she asked after a moment more of walking.

Oh, and look! More baskets... Thankfully, she had the sense not to mention them, though a small smile did appear on her lips.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Miach

PRE

If walking was her thing, Miach would be too happy to oblige. He knew the exhibit well enough already, and it would hardly distract him. He definitly didn't need the distraction right now, and passed a couple of scenes with wax figures depicting basket-weaving or rock painting with hardly a look. The dim light of the evening cast shadows on their path, but he cared none, focused on his internal workings.

Avis had never been one to beat around the bush, and the Curator knew it would be futile to try dodging the point after he had called her. "First and foremost, I had asked to meet because I heard what you said about me..." that was the easy part to say.

Temptation was great now to avoid her eyes, and look elsewhere. The kuksu dance pattern, perhaps ? But no, no... the blonde man looked straight at her "That you couldn't respect me... and I just can't have that. So I hoped we could talk." he said painfully.

She was an Arrow, and he respected that commitment. She was a Councilor, and he respected the position. She was Awakened, and he respected the perspective it brought. She was alive, and he respected that tiny, and oh-so-precious, spark. So why couldn't she respect him, and why couldn't they work together ? What did she see that would make him repulsive, and prevent them from working for the greater good ? It could only be misplaced, really.

8. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Alright. Fine. Then let's talk," Avis agreed, turning away from the baskets to face the Mystagogue, arms crossing over her chest.

"Why did you think it was OK to suggest to us that we not only run a prison, but that we also go there to hang out, have fun, and bond as a community. How could you possibly think that that was ok?"

The words were sharp and challenging, the Warlock's demeanor projecting a tension that Miach had probably hoped to explicitly avoid.

10. Likes Bigpaw, West liked this post

Miach

PRE

Even though he was no expert in body language, Miach knew what it meant when someone faced you head on like that, arms crossed, with words like whips. It meant business. Oh, the Acanthus had braced himself beforehand. He knew how likely it was that things would turn out like that. Butw when you had to actually deal with it... it was something altogether different.

Perhaps his preparation would still pay, though. Or not. Even with his proficiency in Time, he could not hope to trump Free Will, and Avis had plenty of that, as she demonstrated each time she took the whole Consilium by surprise. But perhaps this time he could ride the events a little bit more...

"Is that how you remember it ? Is that all you remember ? Because I remember something a bit different, and it makes all the difference in my opinion." His tone was as calm as he could make it - which wasn't that much - but it was still not actually quaking. Based on her words, he had expected her to have only a biased opinion, and that was an angle he thought he could use to shift her opinion.

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"How the fuck else should I remember it?" Avis returned, her eyes narrowing as he questioned the validity of her perceptions.

"And don't answer that,"
    the Warlock added, lip curling slightly. "What I want you to answer is why you think it's ok to just dodge around the fact that you suggested we endorse imprisonment. I mean, fuck, you just through that out like a suggestion for what sort of pizza we would order. How can you be so casual about that? How can you even consider it? Don't you realize that if we actually followed through on that suggestion that we'd be undermining everything that we stood for? Everything that we're fighting for?"

Her voice pitched up at the end, threading towards a shout, one filled with what sounded like as much pain as outrage.

Miach

PRE

It was obvious from the Warlock's reaction that it was a very sensitive matter to her. It was an explosive issue. But Miach had his beliefs too, and he would not yield that easily.

"Who is dodging around a fact she doesn't like, here ?" he started with, before quickly moving on to the core of the matter "And I'm suggesting imprisonment because it is better than Death. Death is final. Imprisonment means redemption is possible. How could you possibly not endorse it ? I'm fighting for redemption ! And you ? What are you fighting for ?"

The Curator called her out on her skewed perspective again, and his voice may have risen in kind, he noticed a breath later. Damn... would this turn into a shouting match or what ? But she had started it, again.

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"I..." Avis blurted out, the sound catching harshly in her throat, catching between the stuttering seizure of her vocal chords. The Warlock's eyes bulged, scarlet capillaries in her eyes cutting through the white, and her skin flushed a feverish red.

She didn't literally explode in rage, however, nor did she take a swing. Instead she took a step back, the heel of her shoe colliding with the base of a display case.

"You're a fucking Seer,"
    she finally managed to croak. "You're a fucking Seer and you don't even know it, you deluded fuck." Her voice was coming stronger now, through still harsh and grating.

"Imprisonment is worse than death! Imprisonment is what I'm fighting against! For fucks sake, how can you not know this! THE ENTIRE AWAKENED NATION IS FIGHTING AGAINST IMPRISONMENT! WE ARE FIGHTING FOR FREEDOM, NOT REDEMPTION!

REDEMPTION CAN GO FUCK ITSELF!"
    Avis snarled.

"SIN IS JUST ANOTHER CHAIN YOU'VE WRAPPED AROUND YOURSELF!"

15. Likes Vassagon, Benji liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread