Ended
Watch

Future Harvests

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    S
    Saeyer

Dressed lightly for the warm Spring evening, Ava stepped into the Autumn Hollow with a handful of minutes to spare before Nathan and Mhairi were set to arrive. Her attention was turned inward, but some thought was paid to the brick walls encircling the Hollow like arms or the flickering torches that reinforced the fading light of the day. The study area, the root cellar- their fantastical nature had long since been normalized by exposure, the hedge bounty Ms. Jasons tended looking to her like any other garden, if more dangerous. What else would Autumn's private hearth look like, feel like? It could still use work, could still be more, and she herself had been remiss in adding her private research to it, but that could be rectified.

She walked the perimeter, brushing the ivy on the wall with her fingertips and considering the ways in which the Court might change. How were her own relationships going to change? Would it still be possible to find new friendships, with such a title resting on her shoulders? The image of herself and a new, faceless Lost trying to get to know each other over incidental coffee felt strained, suddenly. Should she content herself with the ones she had, the ones who would understand when she tried to cement her title of Dread Queen instead of disparaging the use of fear? She wanted to be terrible but fair, someone even the Gentry feared; there may be precious few friends on the way to such a thing. If it was even possible.

Grimacing, Ava stooped to pick up a leaf from the ground, turning the stem between her fingers. If forging new relationships seemed difficult, she would need to push harder; there was no excuse not to, and to say otherwise would breed complacency. The easy way was hardly ever the best. And if there were misunderstandings along the way, she would explain them. People would listen.

Leaf tapping against her lips as she thought, the Dread Queen stood near the blood stained table and mused, her thoughts finally turning back to the matters that would soon be at hand. Titles, positions, opportunities. Another piece in the future of the Autumn Court.

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

After a long and...sticky day at the motel, all Mhairi wanted to do was die for a while and just sleep. But she still needed to speak with Ava. Rolling her shoulders, Mhairi slipped out of the cloths she wore to and from work so she didn't have to live in her maid's uniform, and put on a loose orange-y colored tunic style top with black leggings. She really hopped that Ava didn't want her, and Nathan to stand on ceremony for this meeting. She doubted that she could even if she wanted to. but hey Halloween colors couldn't be remiss.

Mhairi frowned as she walked from her room in Edna's around the back, passed the garden, to the Autumn Hollow. Spring was most definitely here, and it would quickly turn to Summer. Despite the fire and starlight flowing through her, she hated the heat. Sure there were some elementals that found they enjoyed putting themselves near whatever it was that now made up who and what they were, but Mhairi was not one of those elementals.

Shaking away those thoughts, she doubted they would be relevant, and walked into the Autumn Hollow. The first thing that Ava would have noticed is that Mhairi's mantle had grown. Where once, her simple, if brisk Autumn breeze surrounded her, now it had changed to the truly sharp and slightly menacing winds that dwelt in Autumn.

"Ava? Oh right! Ms Campbell?" Mhairi sighs, "Can I-ah still call you Ava when it's just us? 'cause this is-ah kinda weird. Not to say that it wouldn't be weird for you...but-uh-Hi!" trust her babbling tendencies. "Nathan not hear yet?" she asks rhetorically, her fell-flames looks around the Hollow for the Hunterheart.

"So-ah hi." she says again remembering just what this conversation was supposed to be about. Ooh boy. Mhairi didn't feel up to it. Tittles and responsibility. It wasn't that she was afraid-we yes, she was terrified of the thought of a tittle, and a role within Autumn other then being a Courtier of Autumn, but it was that scary feeling of something new and unknown. And exciting.
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

3. Likes Gwydden, Forn Clakes liked this post
    S
    Saeyer

The thoughts were interrupted by Mhairi's arrival, a welcome site stepping through the gate. "Ava is fine," she reassured the Elemental, a smile in her voice as she lowered the leaf and watched the green-eyed woman approach. It was still something to get used to, and if she wasn't trying to distance herself, why stand on that particular ceremony. The brisk winds of Mhairi's mantle weren't lost on her as she drew near, though they brought a small pang of nostalgia on the heels of their menace; Ms. Jasons' mantle might've felt like this, at a point before the Nix knew her.

Little was different about Ava from the last time the two of them had met, still pale and hungry as ever, a confidently plain woman in simple clothes. The Queen's shadowed eyes were the only marked change, dark eyes in dark sockets and small glimmers of light flickering around her, an incongruous addition to the scent of water and the sensation of undertow.

"No Nathan yet. Please, sit." Letting the leaf go, Ava came to rest in a chair and gestured for Mhairi to join her. "How has the Freehold been treating you so far? Is the Boarding House still working out?" Technically they didn't need Nathan to be present to get things started.

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"Thanks, Ava!" relief that she hadn't offended the new Queen made her shoulders lower from their anxiety ridden place by her ears. "I-ah know that you-ah are Queen-like and Important, but I still kinda want you to be 'Ava' ya know? I liked talkin' to you and I really want that to-ah still be a thing!" the elemental babbled out as she caught sight of Ava's newly shadowed eyes and wondered if that was from her becoming the new Dread Lady, or if it was from something else.

Mhairi took the offered seat, "Thanks." pleased that Ava wanted to begin without Nathan. It would get pretty awkward if they were just siting here staring at each other until the Hunterheart joined them. "I've-ah had a good time so far. No one's been mean or-uh anything. There's-ah few that-ah I'm not-too uh keen on-but that's uh-personal-not-mixyness." Her fell-flames look down in shame. then they darted up, looking into the newly shadowed ones of the Nix, "I-ah don't know if you-ah met him. but there's a Blightbent in town..." she let her words trail off. He felt like a oil slick and looked like a bloated corpse. And he was a Summer. The heat from his mantle just made her itch. Blowing a stray piece of hair out of her face, the child of flame and starlight continued. "But-that's-ah personal not-mixy-thing. Or a changeling not-mixy-thing." Mhairi shrugs, twisting her fingers as they sat on her lap. "But-ah that's probably not-ah want you wanted to-to talk about..."

She took another breath, held it before blowing it out to answer her other question about the Boarding House. "Yup." then she frowns, known that more words were needed here and less for earlier. "It's great. A place to bed down that I know is-ah safe. And Near our Hollow...I do feel much better knowing that Edna's is on Autumn soil...since-uh that time with Keith and Art and Peps...and uh-me and you-I-ah took some time to-ah think. About me and Autumn and no being a Winter cause that's not-ah what I wanted." Smiling as her used-to-be-gentle-breeze-and-now-is-an-awesomer-sharper-one, mingled with her black as night hair. "I don't want to hide. I want to take what they know. And what they did to us, and understand it, and use it to help people. Us." She says, even as she hopes that one of those people she is able to help is her mother. She knows she wont be able to venture into the depths of Faerie, to save her mother. She's not a Summer, and doesn't want to be, but she saved herself, and her Uncle saved himself too. And they were back, safe and sound. Ish. She just wanted to know why her mom wasn't Back, and maybe understanding more Fae magics will help her find out why. And maybe help her mom help herself.

"Uh-sorry about that verbal spillage. Maybe-I-ah need to vent a bit." She offers the Nix a still crooked half smile.

6. Likes Gwydden, Forn Clakes liked this post
    Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

To human eyes he looks slightly taller than average, with a lean, athletic build. His brown skin gives away his Mohawk ancestry, complementing his equally brown eyes and dark hair. He displays a military-styled haircut, shorter to the sides, and sports a few scars across his body and a particularly visible one in the form of claw marks across his face and neck. A very intense scent of forest, a mixing of pine needles, tree sap, and animal fur, characterizes him.
    Mien

Those who can see through the Mask observe black-and-white feathers to the sides of his face, that fuse seamlessly with his skin and hairline and close to his golden eyes. His teeth are unusually sharp, displaying fangs that are hard to categorize as belonging to a specific predator, although they most closely resemble a wolf's or some other canine's.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He didn't even realize he was getting late to a meeting again. Honest.

This time his clothes seemed to have been wet not all that long ago and he smelled of detergent. Now did he hope those looks would please Her Majesty. Probably. Granted, he didn't know her all that well, but she had never seemed the pomp and ceremony type. When he walked in, the wind made him reconsider. It put his puny breeze to shame... something that would have to be fixed. Not about what I want, but what I need. He repeated that in his head with almost vicious defiance.

"Ms. Campbell," he nodded his head respectfully before giving the young girl (he couldn't even remember her name) a sideways smirk. "Sorry, am I late?" He didn't look contrite.

8. Likes liked this post
    S
    Saeyer

"I know exactly what you mean," the Nix answered warmly, a touch of ruefulness in her face; "And I liked that too; definitely still a thing." They had had an interesting first meeting over bottled water and tears at the Winter formal, a discussion of family and loss. And then at Edna's, with the Peps and Keith debacle, Mhairi had proved herself the person Ava understood best out of the lot; not surprising with their shared court, but still reassuring.

Leaning an elbow on the table, the Nix listened to the friendly babble with a curious ear. The only Blightbent she knew of was... well she couldn't recall his name off the top of her head, but it was that drowned-looking guy. The oily Summer. "We can talk about that later, if you'd like," she offered as Mhairi moved to change the subject. It was an even split friendly overture and nosiness.

What the Elemental brought up next was more in the spirit of the meeting, and a flash of Ava's fingers dismissed the apology, her dark eyes studying the woman across from her. "I respect what you want to do; it's what I'm looking to do as well. What I'm wondering, is how you'd like to do that. It's alright if you're not sure yet, but it's a conversation we should start."

The line of questioning was curtailed by Nathan's arrival. He was late, but he didn't seem hungover this time, so that was a plus. "Nathan. Please, join us." The greeting was affable, his apparent lack of contrition not especially troubling to her; he'd washed his clothes, which was some show of effort. Sometimes that was enough. And, after they'd had a chance to speak more, she'd know better whether or not this was one of those sometimes.

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"Woot." Mhairi giggles, smiling a silly grin, pleased that just because Ava was Queen she still wanted to have their only-really-talked-two-times-but-it-was-totally-a-thing thing to still happen.

"Sure." Mhairi nods still smiling, "Since this-ah isn't-um what today is-ah for. That's what are-ah talking-thing is-ah for."

"That's-ah good. Great." Mhairi's smile weakens, as her brows furrow in thought. "Uh-starting that would be good." Mhairi ducks her head, "And-uh-yeah. I-ah don't know where to start. Going about doing the thing. I-ah really wasn't the greatest uh-student. School-err high school. Never got a chance to finish it Before..." the elemental shakes her head, trying to clear it of thoughts of Before. "But-ah I'm-ah more physical." a smirk crosses her face, and unspoken laughter in her voice. "Even though it-ah looks like-ah strong breeze could-ah blow me over."

Then just like that, their missing Hunterheart appeared. Mhairi's nose wrinkled as she caught the detergent-y smell of his cloths, and like Ava, the elemental was glad that the man wasn't hungover for this meeting either.

"Hi! Uh-Nathan! Hello." Mhairi waves, the quicksilver off her fingernails, flicking this way and that, before they burned into glamour, fading into nothing.

Her fell-flames turn back to Ava, and wondered if they were going to continue along with what they'd started, or if a new topic was due, now that they were all here.

11. Likes Gwydden liked this post
    Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

To human eyes he looks slightly taller than average, with a lean, athletic build. His brown skin gives away his Mohawk ancestry, complementing his equally brown eyes and dark hair. He displays a military-styled haircut, shorter to the sides, and sports a few scars across his body and a particularly visible one in the form of claw marks across his face and neck. A very intense scent of forest, a mixing of pine needles, tree sap, and animal fur, characterizes him.
    Mien

Those who can see through the Mask observe black-and-white feathers to the sides of his face, that fuse seamlessly with his skin and hairline and close to his golden eyes. His teeth are unusually sharp, displaying fangs that are hard to categorize as belonging to a specific predator, although they most closely resemble a wolf's or some other canine's.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He hadn't heard much of the conversation that had been going on, but it didn't seem like he had missed anything important. "My pleasure," he smiled and walked closer to them, although keeping a certain distance from Ava out of deference. He didn't even look for a seat — hubris was smothered out early in boot camp. Pride found other outlets.

"Not sure how we're supposed to start this. I'd have brought my resume, but that hasn't been what I'd call current ever since I died,"
    the casualness in his tone was downright morbid. He put both hands in his pockets and threw another sideways glance at the Elemental in a gesture that was shy-but-not-really, almost-but-not-quite flirtatious. "But I did get here last. Guess age should let beauty go first in this instance."

13. Likes liked this post
    S
    Saeyer

Ava's mouth quirked up on one side at Nathan's quip about his resume, and though she viewed his self-imposed distance with interest she didn't try to make him come any closer. He'd stay where he was comfortable, which suited her fine. As long as they could all talk without needing to shout. "Well, I was hoping the aged and beautiful alike could answer a couple of questions about how they see themselves and the Court, and how the two can connect. Mhairi and I have already begun, but only just."

Focusing her attention back on the green-eyed Elemental, Ava continued. "If you're concerned about academics, there are several people in the Court, myself included, who could help with that. I would also suggest looking into the archives, here, as a place to begin study. Beyond that, there are plenty of ways to learn that don't involve books or traditional study; mentorship could also be an option, if you're interested. It mostly just depends on what your interests are." An idea of where she wanted Mhairi was already forming in her mind, but it still depended on the girl's interests and personal direction. And if she didn't have either, they'd find some.

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

The elemental look more akin to a deer caught in the headlights then the child of fire and stars that she is, when confronted with Nathan's no quite shyness, and his not quite flirtation.

She flushes, blinks, and shakes her head. Deciding that if he wanted to flirt he could later. And if he didn't...well then.

Mhairi takes a moment to center herself.

"I want to be useful." Mhairi says, her voice firm, and her usual stammer strangely absent. Mhairi looks down at her clasped hands. "I-ah. Want to be in-ah a place in-ah Autumn where I'll-ah do the-ah most good. For me. For us-Autumn and the-ah 'Hold." Mhairi looks up, her fell-flames tracing the lines of her Queen's angelfish teeth.

"Mentorship might be-ah-be best. It's-ah how I've learned all my-ah life really." Mhairi's thoughts drift, backwards when she was young and her mother was chiding her when she couldn't slip in and out of another's pocket quick enough, or subtly enough, still making the bells ring.

"I know-ah where I'd want to be in-ah few years. But-ah that's not now." The elemental wonders if she'll be asked what title she covets. "What-ah does Autumn need?" Mhairi asks, she knows her own strengths, and her own goals, but she doesn't want to be selfish, "What do you think would-ah be best for me? If it's something that-ah I can't live with-I-ah can still-ah veto right?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 19

You do not have permission to view the list of names.