Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(Plot) Masks, Props, and More

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Lynn Mills

A frown crossed the man's face, the look of someone confronted with somebody being rude and trying not to react. "Actually, I got a call that a friend of mine was in an accident. I went to go check on him. I realize that I probably missed a couple of commissions doing that, but that's what you do when someone you care about is in trouble. Now," he straightened up and squared his shoulders, transferring a near glare between the three women and sighing a bit. "Is there something you actually wanted to order?"

Out in the shop there was the tinny ring of a bell as the door opened and closed and the chatter of young voices talking could be clearly heard.

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"Well, see, that's why we're here," Coco continued, lowering her voice to a conspiratorial level.

"We care about the people in this city, and when someone starts distributing dangerous tokens to hapless bystanders we can't just let that stand. A woman could have been killed because of the enchantments that you crafted, and more lives ruined besides, and that is not something that we will abide by. So, what do you have to say for yourself? Why did you craft such weapons to bewitch and beguile the unaware? Why did you set them loose at that event?

"And just know that we won't be satisfied by any more dodgy answers. Isn't that right, Ramona?"
    Coco demanded, leaning back away from the man and placing her hands on her hips, the blade of the katana jutting out awkwardly behind her.

At least, to all the other eyes in the room. To Coco it was clearly another element of her most inspiring display, no doubt giving heart to her companions and quailing the heart of their foolish foe.
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

Hearing her cue, and realizing that it is Coco's intent that she play the intimidating part of this interrogation, Ramona quickly spots something she saw in the room earlier. An anvil. Not a terribly heavy one, not like the big blacksmith's anvil that she has in her workshop, but a smaller one for the smaller needs of props, rather than fully-fledged blacksmithing. Still, as anvils tend to be, it is heavy. The sort of thing you want a trolley to move around, and preferably two people working in tandem to lift. Ramona crosses the room to it in two casual strides, then reaches out, grasping it by the horn, and lifts it in one hand. She doesn't even seem bothered by it. Ogres are strong, this is a fact built into the wyrd, and a little hint of glamour helps her emphasize it. She carries the anvil like it's no heavier than a brick as she takes two more steps casually towards him. It would be horrifically easy for her to raise that anvil in the air and smash it down into Mr. Luna. Instead, she just stands it up in front of him, setting it on the ground with a soft 'thud.' Then, she steps over the anvil, and sits down on it like a stool. She and Mr. Luna are practically knee-to-knee now in their seats. She looks him steadily in the eye, "We are reasonable people, justifiably concerned for the safety of our community, just looking for some straight answers." She raises a hand, the same hand that just lifted the anvil oh-so-easily, and lightly claps it down on his knee across from her, fingers resting lightly. "Help us out?"
      Strength + Intimidate + 2 Glamour: 4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-05-18 17:47:50 Ramona Bohannon rolls 6 to Strength + Intimidate + 2 Glamour (10 Again) 8, 9, 9, 1, 1, 8 4 successes
    Trickster, if this is successful, may I make a roll to Harvest any resulting emotions from him? Earn a bit of glamour back? :P

Tally Benoit

Merits:

Court Goodwill(Summer) •
    Eidetic Memory
    Fleet of Foot •••
    Hedgespun Wolf Whistle ••
    Fast Reflexes •

Health: [][][][][][][][]
    Clarity: •••••••
    Willpower: ••••••
    Glamour: 9/10

Beast Blessing:

8a when Animal Ken skill and spend Glamour to a die to dice pools involving Pre and Com.

Curse:

Suffer -4 to untrained Mental skills. No 10-again with Intelligence pools

Kith Blessing:

Tooth and Claw: Causes Lethal Damage instead of Bashing when fighting unarmed.

Freehold Commendation Benefits:

+ 1 to Clarity degeneration roll and + 1 to Brawl

PRE

Hearing the ringing of a bell from the other room, Tally moves to stand by the door, hands in her pocket with her thumbs resting on the outside. There she stands, watching the two begin the Good Cop and Bad Cop routine.

They seem to have everything well in hand.

Mr Luna watched as Ramona picked up the small yet quite hefty anvil and lowered it closer to him before using it as a dark, metal stool. Naturally, he leaned away from her and it was quite obvious that his nerve had gone slightly, the way his Adam’s apple bobbed up and down.

“Look, I don't want any trouble, okay? I'm an artist, a speciality craftsman. Whatever issues you have with my business I'm sure we can work out.”

His eyes jumped from Ramona to Coco and a flicker of something was apparent, almost as if he was going over the conversation in reverse.

“Wait...enchanted? What?” He was afraid, that was obvious. Add confused to the mix and what occurs is Mr Luna’s head turning quite comically from Wasp to Ogre and back again several times.

A tremble of fear
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-05-26 12:10:29 Mr Luna rolls 5 to I ain't scared of the big, bad Stonebones (10 Again) 2, 1, 9, 8, 6 2 successes

Ramona

6. Likes InvertedMonkey liked this post

Bump

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

No answers?

Confusion?

Preposterous!

She was Cosima Tascioni! She could not fail.

"You cut your prices the night of the Masquerade,"
    Coco pressed on, deciding she needed another angle of approach. "You did that so that your poisoned wares would all be bought, did you not? You're not fooling anyone, here. Tell us why you sold those foul things that night! Tell us what you were planning!"
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

Nom nom nom, delishus glamour!

Fear is not Ramona's court emotion. Not the emotion with which she identifies most strongly. But it is something that the Lost of Summer often inspire. A familiar taste. A quivering sensation brushing the skin. Something tickling in your core, becoming both hungry and satisfied at once. A cool and coppery feel on the tongue. It is reassuring. Empowering. A sense that all is right with the world, like an alignment of the natural order. I am mighty. It is right that you fear me. So easy to let that go to one's head.

Ramona tilts her head. It gives Mr. Luna a better view of the approaching, incensed Wasp. It makes Ramona look curious and detached. The movement also calls attention back to the ogress. "Several people were very nearly injured. We regard this as a serious matter. Can you account for your whereabouts last night?" The choice of words is deliberate. Cerebral phrases, helping to both ground her, and make her sound more official and authoritative.

The craftsman stumbles away from Coco's accusations, bumping into the very chair he had been sitting in when they arrived. His hand shot out to steady himself, obviously shaking from the condemnation aimed towards him. His eyes were wide, fearful and confused, and as he tried to produce a string of words together, Mr. Luna tripped over his own tongue.

"I-I-I-I do-don't know.....I swear! I had a-a call, from a friend! They were in an accident!" His eyes darted back and forth as he wiped his forehead, beads of sweat forming as his heart raced. "I-I-I was there, yes? At least, I r-r-remember being there, and my phone rang..." Doubt curdled in his voice, heavy and thick as he looked down, trying to focus. He was panicking, most certainly, but the voices that drifted from the front of the shop hadn't reacted to anything happening in the back.

Feel free to make a Wits + Subterfuge or Empathy roll if you wish

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Coco's Mien

Mantle:

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

1 success with Subterfudge
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-05-31 04:11:57 Coco rolls 7 to Sense the lying liar! (wits4+subterfudge3) (10 Again) 4, 1, 10, 7, 7, 1, 4, 1 1 success

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread