Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(16 VE) Serious Business

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Heading back towards the buffet, Ramona splits off when Terri follows her, as she expected she might. She leads the Beast a few yards away from the food, just so they can have a little privacy and not interfere with anyone else's conversations. This puts them near one of the garden's water features. She glances down into it, seeing her own reflection in stark contrast to the surroundings. Terri, on the other hand, seems like she fits in around here perfectly. She lifts her gaze back towards the Autumn. "So, what's up?" She begins.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Following Ramona over to the water feature, Terri found the General somewhat intriguing. She was obviously well-liked by several members of the Freehold and the Beast had heard about how she was an accomplished blacksmith, which was the reason why she had wanted to meet with the Ogre. However, Ramona still seemed somewhat out of place when it came to these gatherings, at least on the surface, and Terri tried her best to be as open as friendly as she possibly could be, offering her a wide smile as she began to explain her business.

“Well, I’m led to believe that you’re quite the metalsmith, Ramona, and I’m currently working on several raiment recipes, but for each one I was hoping to fashion with matching silver buttons with some kind of tree motif upon them. Would that pose much of a problem?”
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

"Depends," answers Ramona easily. The ogress and the Bishop haven't exactly had a face-to-face yet, despite no doubt being aware of each others' presence. She's noticed that people seem to fawn over Terri, almost put her on a pedestal. To be fair, she seems friendly enough, but with her ideals recently shattered again, it makes Ramona a little wary. The reserve for which she has been noted returns, as Ramona attempts to observe and refrain from emotional judgement. "There are a lot of techniques that could be used to get that done. Some are easy, and simple. Others are time-consuming, but produce highly detailed work." The unspoken question; where does Terri see the buttons on that spectrum?

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

The smile doesn't fade and spreads to encompass Terri's eyes, sparkling at the thought of what she was trying to create.

"I like a good challenge, Ramona, and I bet you're the same, right?" the petite Beast replied, gazing up into the eyes of the Ogre General without fear but with anticipation. "For what I'm designing, only the very best will do."
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)

That is manipulation, right there. Trying to raise Ramona's competitive hackles, so that she'll agree to do what Terri wants. Plus, creating a relatable similarity between them. Not everybody realizes that 'charm' is a tool. Not everybody selectively applies it either, some people just use it naturally. Oh well. The ogress remains unmoved. "What exactly are you designing?" She asks, with an arched brow.

Description

PRE

"Put simply, some outfits for a couple of friends of mine that'll help them survive whatever it is the bastard Dragon can throw at us," Terri said honestly, adding extra venom into her voice at mention of Fairweather. Her face then softened, as did her voice as she continued. "We lost a lot of good friends during his assault and I'm hoping that what I'm coming up with will pay some respect to those who died."

The ogress frowns. It seems counter-intuitive to her to care so much about aesthetics when the primary purpose behind the garment is protection. But then, many famous suits of armor are baroque and beautiful in their own way, and the blacksmith is certainly not immune from wanting her functional productions to also be beautiful. Still, it's a little bit grating, because, "What you're looking for, that kind of high-end-detail work, is more the province of a jeweler. I'm a blacksmith." It's not just about what she's capable of. It's about what she likes doing. Ramona sees herself using fire and steel and muscle to pound metal into beautiful shapes, not... as a finicky, detailed, button-maker. This is not a job she imagines she'll enjoy much on it's own merits. Still, that's commission work, for you, "But I can do it. How many?" She's tempted to ask what she'd get in return. But if the project is fire-resistant dragon-slaying suits, it'll be towards the Freehold's benefit. Work that her personal ethics tell her not to charge for.

Description

PRE

"Oh, really? That is interesting. I apologize, I just assumed that as a blacksmith, metal buttons came under that umbrella. My bad."

Still smiling, keeping things cordial, Terri was thinking about Marcus, who she knew could fashion the buttons without any issue whatsoever, and so Terri had thought a blacksmith could do anything metal-related.

"Hmmm, let me think....six for the jacket....a few for the pants....a dozen?"

Generally ignoring the apology, Ramona simply nods. "I'll make a mold, and bring it to you to see what you think. When we settle on a design I can cast the buttons, as many as you need."

S
    Saeyer

Arriving fresh from the buffet table, with a few choice bits and pieces on her plate, Ava approached the conversation with the air of someone who didn't want to butt in. And truthfully she didn't, she would much prefer to eavesdrop, but neither was her particular intent. "What are you two up to? I hope I'm not interrupting, it's a little crowded over by the food, but I'm happy to go get a drink or say hi to Coco...?" She left the offer to pass on by open, but the Nix's eyes were focused on Terri with intent; friendly intent, but something was clearly on her mind. One way or another, sometime soon she wanted to talk to the Steepscrambler. And she always wanted to talk to the Ogre.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread