Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(PRP DitD) Of Bargains Struck

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Harvey's eyes moved over to Milo with glacial slowness.

"Its a powerful Goblin Contract. The rare kind. The ones that need more than one person to work, yeah? Its for the 'hold and our protection. And for the Sovereign's to decide when, or if, they want to use it. Will that satisfy you for now?" <<All of this was true>>

He turned his head to get a better look at Daniel.

"Yeah. Dream Shandy. Take a pleasant dream and skim off the top - careful like - when dream riding. Not enough to damage the dream, right? Now - take some goblin fruit... The fleshy sort. The ones that look like fruit or vegetables or things you know, you can actually eat. Boil 'em. Mash 'em. Leave 'em to ferment. Then infuse the dream stuff you took earlier and leave to age." <<All of this was true>>

He paused for effect.

"Yeah. I dunno how they pull this one off either. Best guess, find a brewer or a crafter or maybe an artist. Maybe a Dwarf, if you can track one down. They might have heard of the method."

A shrug.

"Supposed to be an high content alcoholic brew with a twist. You get fragments of dream - impressions, sights, smells... with each mouthful. At least, thats what the green goblin said. And frankly, if this don't work for what I paid, you can be my guest in teaching him a lesson." <<All true>>

The jam was beautiful by the way - up there with Mrs Rosemary's fare. Curiously similar Xander .

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse
    Duration: Year and a Day

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)

PRE

"Ah," he said neutrally, the taste of honey still hot on his tongue. He contract cut both ways. He was glad that he'd asked but there was little room to put what had to be said delicately.

"I don't drink alcohol. Personal reasons." Promises to himself; fears... regrets. They all mixed to together when spirits came up. Even with the Spymaster offering, Daniel was unwiling to partake, Beneath the layers of calm there was a terror and anger and sorrow at just being offered the temptation.

OOC
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

Milo Chernobog

PRE

"It does." Milo said with a smile. It didn't answer what the Contract actually did, but he trusted the hands it would likely end up in. Well, the one most likely to use it and the one Harvey was connected to at least.

"Thank you for the drink." Hands extended and accepted the offering. He didn't really drink either, but he didn't want to seem rude when Harvey talked to the sovereigns.

"Will you tell the sovereigns about us and our endeavor here? I told Ava what I was planning to offer, but the others are still in the dark. If possible, I'd like to keep it that way."

The Spymaster gave Daniel a quizzical look, brows furrowed.

"Ah. Well. Trade goods, I guess. The hobs seemed wild about this stuff, apparently."

Harvey's head tilted.

"If you want? I can pass on your names as my official Spies. If you don't mind being called on again."

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Rigid Mask
    Will/Health/Glamour

Promises and Vows

Horn and Bone

PRE

"No!" he said almost too quickly and with too much conviction "I mean, I'm sure you'd be able to find a better use for it than I could. You can keep it, being named Spy would be more than enough reward." His politeness was still calm, but there was a strange urgency underlying it.
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4

Milo Chernobog

PRE

Milo was about to respond to Harvey when Daniel refused the shanty again. The slightly stronger reaction prompted the Fairest to focus his attention for a moment away from the spymaster for some clue or tell that would reveal the Darkling's dislike for alcohol and exactly what it was making him feel.

"I suppose it is difficult to call someone you don't have a number for." And at least half the Freehold's royalty already had his number. "Tell them, and let them call should they require our services."

1 success to read Daniel's emotions
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-05-08 21:06:51 Milo Chernobog rolls 3 to read Daniel's emotions (Wits+Empathy-Rigid Mask) (10 Again) 8, 5, 7 1 success

The Spymaster blinked slowly, but did not press any further.

"Alright then, I'll pass the word along. Hum... Yeah... I guess Milo can have the other bottle of Dream Shandy. And... I'll take the Contract, thank you."

He paused.

"You both did good. I would not have been able to do what you just did, yeah? So you have been a great help. To me and to the Freehold. You should feel good about that. One move in our secret dance... but a worthy one, I think."

If there were no more questions, the Spymaster rose and extended an expectant hand, waiting for the lacquered box and the Contract it contained.

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Status/Social

Rigid Mask
    Will/Health/Glamour

Promises and Vows

Horn and Bone

PRE

Milo can read the very little that Daniel lets through. The very slight fear, anger, and saddness (though that is present in most of the Gravewight's expressions anyway). Anything more, or why he might be feeling those emotions, remains hidden behind a veneer of calm and understanding.

2 successes to hide emotions
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-05-11 18:31:48 Daniel Leto rolls 6 to hide emotions Mani+Subterfuge+Mantle (10 Again) 5, 1, 8, 6, 10, 4, 6 2 successes

Daniel handed over the goblin magic without further fuss.

"So, anything more you need from us? I still have to make some preparations so I can raise a ghost for the Boggan Brothers."

Milo Chernobog

PRE

With the exchange complete Milo simply watched the Spymaster's response as he took the Contract. The job was done unless Daniel wanted help when the Boggan brothers came looking for their ghost. He'd be there in a heartbeat if the Darkling needed it, but here and now it seemed a job well done.

"I have nothing further to add if you both are good."

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

And that will be it.

The Spymaster will head off back down the trod with the Contract, in its box, under his arm. The basket, food and Shandy is left behind for Daniel Milo to share as they see fit.

For reference, the ghost raising isn't really part of the plot but feel free to do a Glimpse if you desire

Thanks guys - really enjoyed watching this unfold. Hope you liked it too

11. Likes Parable liked this post
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread