Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
Learning Stuff

A
    AnoncameaSpider

http://nwod.org/forum/showthread.php...eds-and-Credos

Just wanted to say that this thread is awesome, and I've learned a lot more succinct information about the Ordo and the Lance. They're two covenants that I think are hard to summarize, when I looked into them for character creation I did a quick "nope" at the time because of how much reading seemed necessary. If *knocks on wood* anything happens to my Carthian I may look at those two a little more in depth in the future.

Kenneth Gilroy
    Donovan
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Donovan

Glad you're enjoying it. Helping others learn more about the Sanctified was one of my goals OOC (in addition to it being Kenny's as well). I've had a lot of fun with writing in these threads (even if it takes me a couple hours of research sometimes to make sure I'm getting stuff right).

I will caution you though, Kenneth's explanations are skewed, what he says is slightly purposefully misleading, and some of his facts are incorrect/made up/logical but unconfirmed projections of existing data. I'll occasionally mention this in his thoughts and conversation but don't take everything he says at face value.

I would encourage you look into them if you find the lecture interesting. They're a fun covenant to read about, though they are hard to play since there is so much more than first appears (plus not everyone likes their themes :P).

3. Likes West liked this post
    A
    AnoncameaSpider

I like the idea of embracing vampirism as a kind of Other. It seems like the Lance go out of their way to stand apart, to take a third side to the vampiric condition that is more than just we are evil demons, or we are beasts. They aim to define what it means philosophically to be a vampire, which i suppose the ordo does as well, but the ordo seem more about what a vampire could be, rather than what a vampire is. I've also looked into their whole sanctified sorcery schtick since I last posted the above. There's a lot of really cool stuff in there, but it seems like the site has chosen to limit Blood Sorcery in general quite a bit. (Not that I think that's good or bad, it simply is.) Not going to lie though, it does make playing them less appealing because the Ordo at least have a lot of added bonuses aside from their Coils. (chapter house stuff, library stuff, power wells to syphon off of) where as the Lance seems more books and blood magic as a mainstay in peaceful times, and then outright crusades when they're in power from what I can tell of the books.

Sorry for the word vomit, it's late and I've been drinking. (thus why I'm not going to be on jack for the night, if you happen to get to replying to our thread.)

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

[...]because the Ordo at least have a lot of added bonuses aside from their Coils.
    I'm always a fan of precision in cases like this. Bonuses? No. Potential purchases? Maybe. There's a big difference. I could go on about the mechanical weights of each, and the fact that Sorceries can be used offensively whereas Coils are internal, but w/e.

Then again? I've never found any subset more or less appealing because of the availability of powers*. That's what card games are for, yo

* Says the Obrimos Guardian and Ventrue
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 26

You do not have permission to view the list of names.