(16 VE) Pledge Swearing

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Lynn Mills

Queen of the Verdant Court
    Darkling Nightsinger/Minstrel
    Presence - 2 Mantle (Spring) - 3 Wyrd - 3

FAME
    PRE

As each person walks up to her, Lynn offers a brilliant smile and the following words.

"We of the Freehold have been given a precious gift, a place of safety among the dangers and cruel loss we've all suffered. Do you promise to guard this sanctuary with thought and deed; to turn away dangers from both mundane souls and the Gentry? Keep this vow and you shall find yourself blessed, break it and you will find your gifts turned against you"

"If you wish to make this vow, please declare the talent or skill that you have to offer for the coming year."

Spring Freehold Commendation

(Commendation)Willpower 1 Spent

Helen listens to the queen pronounce the terms of this solemn vow, head bowed in reverence. She then looks up at Lynn, obsidian eyes seeming somehow warm with her sincerity:

"I hereby promise to defend this most precious space of freedom, where we are at liberty to pursue our own desires as we will, with everything that I can and in every way that I can. What I offer, I offer completely: my dedication to performing the duties of Searce, of bringing those who would know the grace of Spring, the pursuit of desire, along the Verdant Path. I offer my hope and my understanding. I offer my words, their tones and weights, colors and rhythms, as well as my love for the words of others. This and more I freely give, my Queen."

As she speaks, she feels the Wyrd binding her fast to the Freehold, and to the Queen who represents it. Warm breezes tussle her hair as her mantle flairs. It is not an unpleasant experience, but the gravity of her promise is not lost on Helen. Finished, the aged Author bows her head in respect.

M
    MrDream

Keith approaches the springs, young and old, firmly rooted and newly transplanted. Accepting the spring sovereign's invitation, he places his slim right hand over his heart and pledges:

"Against all threats from this world or another,
    my weapons will answer what my wit cannot,
    even be they dearer to me than a brother,
    I will stand with the freehold or be Lost."

He hoped he had not misjudged any of his acquaintances, especially not Rumble, but if he found anyone working against his world... he would end that work, or end them.

-1 WP Freehold Pledge skill weaponry

S
    Selena

Make sure you are indicating what skill you will be wanting for your pledge swearing, for examples, see this thread from past pledge swearing

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

Coco paced in front of Lynn, face somber, and stood with her hands clasped atop her cane as she swore her pledges to both the Freehold, and to the Court of Spring.

"For a year and a day, I swear that I shall bring no danger to the Freehold, whether that might be by revelation or aid to our Gentle Enemies and their agents. I shall use my blade to defend any that need it, and to slay any that require it. Should I break this vow, may I be cast adrift upon the earth, cursed, and known as traitor."

Skill: Adroitness: +1 Weaponry. -1 WP for Freehold Pledge.

Then Coco knelt, laying her cane before her, and took off her Antler Ring so that it lay in an upturned palm.

"Upon this symbol of our Court, for a year and a day, I do swear to defend and aide all those who have stumbled upon the path of their Desires, as the Verdant Advocate should. May my words sway the hearts of those that would do our misguided brothers and sisters ill, and may my tongue become snarled should I abandon them in their time of need."

Verdant Advocate Pledge: -1WP. Adroitness: +1 Persuasion.
    Details
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

6. Likes Dusan, Pixie Styx liked this post

Daisy Wen
    Daisy Wen

Daisy Wen

Wizened Artist
    Presence ●● (Vivacious)
    Striking Looks ●● (Delicate)
    Fame ● (Culture - Art World)
    Mantle (Spring) ● The scent of plum blossoms swirl around her, as their petals fall in her wake. Language - Mandarin.
    Mask

A slim and petite women, of seemingly fragile beauty. With hair as black as a raven wing, kept long, either loose around her shoulders, or pulled back into a bun. She has a fair complexion, with delicate features.
    Mien

This Porcelain fawn, Manikin is material, Beast in shape. Artist in reality. comprised a fine white china. Her hair, still long is glazed in jade. Dainty china antler-horns poke out from her hair. Unguligrades legs she crafted for herself, now support dainty deer hoofed feet. Her eyes are large, pupiless, and the entirety of the eye black as pitch. She's lean, her limbs are long, her fingers spindly, but carry a certainty and deftness when plying her craft.

Daisy waits off to the side until Coco takes her leave. Daisy curtsies, drawing her skirt out so the train would flair delightfully behind her. "I swear to you, my Queen. For a year and a day, that no dangers will I bring knowingly to the Freehold. I swear that I will never knowingly betray the other Lost souls of this Freehold to the Others, nor to their agents, in whichever guise they keep. I swear to use all of my skill as an Artist to aid any of this Freehold who call upon my talents. And if I break my word, let all know me as forsaken and forsworn."

Seasonal Pledge -1WP. Skill: Crafts

Daisy then takes a moment to recenter herself, to take upon more responsibilities within her Court. Daisy swirls her skirt around her once more, so she might bend the knee in style. Then taking a note from The new Verdant Advocate she takes the antler ring she'd picked up to now swear upon.

"Upon this token, a reminder of the Sovereigns of old, upon this symbol of our Court I do swear, for a year and a day, to stand in defense against the encroachments of the Others by remember Spring's festivals, and rituals, and planning, and executing them with expertise and finesse, as any Spring Archivist should. May my efforts allow our community to be brought together swiftly, and should I fail in my duties, may my easy way with others be cut to the quick."

Verdant Archivist Pledge: -1WP. Skill +1 Socialize.
    Details

Sorry, didn't note this above, so doing so now. Verdant Searce Pledge: -1WP, Skill: +1 Empathy

()Willpower 1 Spent

Also need to note WP and skill for Freehold Pledge. -1WP, +1 Expression. OK I'm done now, I swear.

Juno approached her Queen and carefully bowed before her, her tail resting tightly against her legs as a show of deference to a ranking individual. She knew that the Pledge was a matter that would require her utmost concentration. After all she had been through as part of her maturation process, her current Desire was to make a positive return to the fold.

"I give my solemn and truthful word to serve and defend this Freehold against those who would turn against their own Kind and other threats within and without our precious community. I will not provide aid or comfort to those who first brought us into bondage or their agents who would take us back. What I offer in return is my gift for artistic expression. Should I fail in my end of the bargain then may my name be spat upon and cursed, and I am turned away from a welcoming hearth and banished to an inhospitable world outside our walls. This I swear for one year and one day."

1 WP spent to seal the pledge. The favored skill is Crafts (+1)

Pausing for a moment to reflect on the responsibilities she had to the Freehold, Juno could feel a tug as the pact was sealed.

"Your Majesty, if it pleases you I wish to take up the responsibility of Sylvan Emissary. By doing so, I wish to share those things that I learned through my process of discovering myself and what it means to truly embrace the ideals of our Court. To help others to realize the nature of their own Desires, and encourage them to understand themselves and that which the Season herself wishes to impart. In this office I will serve Freehold and Court for one year and one day save by any fell actions I bring disgrace upon the Freehold, our Court, the Title, and myself."

1 WP spent to seal the oath of Sylvan Emissary; +1 to Socialize.

Lifting her chin with a quiet pride, Juno knew she had made the right choice. In her heart there could only be one true Joyeaux, and that was Al-Adin, the Monkey Prince Of Thieves who had called her Vizier and kept her hopes alive during a very dark time. Wherever her simian partner had traveled, she hoped that word would reach Al-Adin's ears one day and bring a smile to his face.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

(Freehold Pledge)Willpower 1 Spent
    PRE

Approaching Lynn, Terri's own smile matched that of the newly-appointed Sovereign, offering the Nightsinger a respectful curtsy.

"Congratulations!" the Beast beamed, itching to give her a hug but only because she was that type of person even if she didn't know Lynn that well. "For a year and a day, I, Terri Nutkins, Courtier of the Leaden Mirror and Bishop of the Noble Order know as the Bishopric of Blackbirds, do so swear to protect the Freehold and keep its secrets from those who would do it harm. In so swearing myself, I offer my fellow community my services as a designer, to clothe them when needed and to merge the peculiar into fine raiment when desired."

Once completed, Terri will offer another curtsy before backing away several steps from Lynn and returning to the party, pleased to once again be an official member of the Freehold once more.

Crafts
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread