Ended
Watch

Starting from the ground up

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    s
    sumthingpositiv

It was so nice to dress modestly for a change. Rather than throw on garb meant to impress, Katya is happy to have a change of pace by wearing nothing at all....under a long robe that is. She doens't want to assume David's comfort level with a lack of modesty so she throws on one of her ceremonial garbs she's had for other rituals. THe bottoms of the robe are jagged, as if damaged from years of being used. The garment flows loosely against her frail body but it covers it well. She has been making weekly visits to the Farm to keep it tidy since Tomas' departure, maintaining the humble ritual of sweeping the area when necessary.

upon entering, (@%1;) David can see Katya's parked SUV and the pale Savage near the farmhouse. Occasionally she looks up, waiting for her newfound Acolyte to arrive.

David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

David looks out of the window as he drives, taking note of the familiar shrubbery and landscape. It is good to return to warmer climates after his trip north. He mulls over how he is going to talk with Katya, for indeed, tonight they both will be coming from uncertain places and thoughts. The Crone has set a task before them, and they have but a few months until the reaping of the Summer Solstice, when the circle must stand in abject terror before Her. The cirlce must stand before then, or all is for naught.

David parks an old blue pickup truck. Certainly nothing impressive, but the bed looks like it has been used over and over, long scrapes against the inside paint show clearly large objects have been carted out.

He steps out, revealing earth-brown robes that collect the dust around his sandaled feet. He looks around, noting the lack of any obvious bystanders. As he approaches her, he feels his beast raise its hackles, but this woman is familiar to him, the stress of the packed court now faded. He feels the beast charge forward in his mental garden, only for the rose-thorn leash to snap back, reeling back the rage. When he is but a few feet away, gives a nod of his head, from equal to equal.

"Good Evening Katya Harding. Under the unsleeping eyes of the Crone I greet you. May you be found pleasing to Her." His voice still carries that same ease, that same practiced relaxation that urges calm and serenity.
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

s
    sumthingpositiv

The distance from David's truck to the Farmhouse provides Katya enough distance for her twisted features to be unrecognizable, body writhing as she refrains from unsheathing her claws and tearing at David's pretty face. Even she had to admit the man had an attractive enough face to even turn the heads at some of the regulars at the Asylum, this mental thought is enough to pull her Demon out of her explicit cognition and bring her back to the present.

Smiling to him as she bows her head she says "And may you to her as well David SIlver." she says, appreciative that he left out her title, he wasn't afraid of consequences and he didn't need to be, not within this haven that acted as an Elysium from the threats of formalities.

Gesturing towards a path in the distance that she knows he is aware leads to the circle of stones, she says "Shall we speak elsewhere?" she asks as she sets the broom near the doorway. Assuming he agrees, she continues walking towards the path.

"I hope things have been well as you get settled in again. How does it feel to be back?"

David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

David follows her, taking note of the broom she sets aside, and traversing the paths. This was the circle that he declined years ago, but perhaps he had been hasty in his judgement. He looks on the scenary, seeing so much growth and bounty. A Goddess Blessed place indeed. He notes the cleaned and cared for path, and will remember it.

"They are, I am re-integrating into Sacramento well." A haven near food, transportation secured, and most importantly, a meeting to help facilitate the goddess and her worship. All critical things. Her warm welcome was also an important point, as a fractured circle of one each was worthless compared to a united circle of two, and hopefully more.

"To return after so few years is pleasant. Like always, Sacramento continues to be a hotbed of change, and that is greatly interesting to me. To see the Goddess' work writ large over a whole city is too attractive to avoid for long.
    But to answer your question, I feel like I am rejuvinated and full of passion. This is good, as I felt I had stagnated before."
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

s
    sumthingpositiv

Leading David down the small path towards the circle, David can see that while the farmhouse was tended to, the area in proximity has not, allowing for grass and other vegetation to grow wildly without being trimmed. SHe almost laughs in a dry manner at his mention of the domain changing, he had much to be filled in on, but they had all night to discuss. "That is good to here. If I may ask, what was it that made you feel stagnate here before you left? I can definitely agree though much has changed here in the domain so I imagine it will provide you quite the chance to use that passion for finding change yourself." by now she reaches the opening where the circle of stones are and finds a spot nearby to sit down, legs crossed as she gestures for him to join her.

David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

David takes note of the fecundity of the rest of the farm, untamed wilderness, contained within lands watched by the Kindred. It reminds him of Frigg's garden, where the Giantess had let nature provide all that was needed, as she watched with a careful eye. But perhaps it was closer to Persephone and Demeter, left to grow for a time, before being abandoned, and now ready to grow anew.
    "Stagnation comes to us most easily, especially when the grind of existence can become repetitive. To answer, I had given up the position of Hierophant, and had taken the mantle of Iamedi, the religious advisor to Hierophant Wooding when I passed the mantle on to him.

And then I became lost within the mysteries of the Goddess. As a Father, there is little to do within the covenant when there is already a Hierophant. Or so I thought at the time. So I delved deep into the goddess' mysteries, which are a maze of black mirrors and false shadows. After emerging, I have come to understand our existence better, and found my enjoyment, and my path again.

What do you enjoy Katya?"
    He asks.
    David stops by the path, and plucks a thistle weed that had taken hold by the path. He lifts it up, examining it, before tucking it into the folds of his robes, before continuing to follow her.
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

7. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    s
    sumthingpositiv

Wooding, the memory draws up mixed feelings for Katya, mainly based on David Regan's warning of his ties to Erika Brady. That was a different conversation for a time that might not be tonight, but she maintains her smile as she says "Ah yes I had the privilege of meeting the former Hierophant and working with him once before he left. Since then there was one other Hierophant but he also made a sudden departure." very sudden but she waves her hand to show it was without controversy.

The thought on stagnation makes her thing for a moment to where she turns her eyes away from David as if to follow a thought that can answer David's question. "You know it's funny you mention stagnation, my point of coming to Sacramento was to escape it as well. And after being Seneschal for about a year now, I can say I've succeeded so far." a snicker escapes her lips as she prepares for the conversation she always expects to kill the momentum. "As for what I enjoy, well, mainly kink. You see David, I have been a practitioner of BDSM for all of my unlife as it acts as an expression of my faith to the Dark Mother. So my goal for my time here was to work at the Asylum. What I didn't expect was to be offered the position as Seneschal, but that truly was the step outside of my comfort zone, to learn and carry out the rules and guidelines of His Grace when before, I didn't really have an interest. While Kink provides a more visceral way of exploring my Descent, working in an official Court capacity has been the real journey for me." eyes wander as she thinks if she's answered his question. "So..long story short, what I enjoy is challenge, either myself or helping others find challenges for themselves. Kink is just a fun way of doing that. How would describe your enjoyment of things now?"

David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

David nods at her statement about his apprentice. Change comes to us all, often painfully. And the departure of leadership is not an unusual problem. Not in Sacramento.

"A wise decision to flee stagnation. The crone comes for those who stagnate, and fleeing from certain doom is the mark of sanity. Congratulations on your title and leadership."

David is quiet after her pronouncement of her kink.
    To derive pleasure from pain, to use the fear and terror and apply it to sex. In cycles that weave together, mixing the two expressions together.
    Fascinating

"Bondage and sadism and masochism. You take the goddess' words on pain and ecstasy quite clearly. I wonder, are you familiar with Odyne, Greek goddess of pain? It is from her we develop our naming system for Odynophobia, the fear of pain. Or Qatesh, the Egyptian goddess of ecstatic sex. Some scholars suggest her name was utilized in the early semitic languages and morphed into their word for Holy."
    He muses for a moment, obviously drawing from deep within his memory.
    "And it truly must be a challenge, to charge forward with your sexuality. A Scarlet Woman seeks neither confirmation nor acceptance, but blazes with the dark flame of the Crone in her decisions. And to pair that with the duties of the Seneschal, to keep order and peace within the city, to adjudicate when he is not present. Oh I can think of several Circles who would be fit to be tied at such cleverness. Well done Katya! well done." He says with mirth and happiness.
    "Do you find that you go through cycles with your sadism and masochism? By which i mean you favor one or the other in varying amounts for a period of time, before transitioning? Or do you remain as one or the other, subjected or subjecting others to challenge? " David's voice becomes very excited.
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

s
    sumthingpositiv

Nodding in thanks of his belated congrats, David's sudden burst of enthusiasm makes Katya beam, not for his praise but more for being able to have someone who can keep up with her in the conversation rather than have her slow down so they can catch up.

"I've actually been doing some reading on Qatesh, what with the book club i'm part of with the Ordo Dracul. But with regards to most of the deities, I try to stay up to date, although it's Inanna who I pray regularly to." her story matching both Katya's praise of the Underworld and the sensual. "I am impressed with your knowledge, I don't hear of Odyne that often. " with regards to her official duties she folds her hands in her lap as she sighs, "It is definitely a lot, but it provided a nice challenge because it had me use my discipline as a Top to become skilled in making decisions for others in the Domain, something, interestingly, I was reticent about in the beginning. But, I feel i'm getting the hang of it with each passing month."

She takes her time before answering his other question, thinking to the kine and few kindred she's played with. "It varies on a case by case basis. Professionally, I am a Top at the Asylum so I take joy in experimenting with challenging others as they explore ways to test their limits. I've reached a level of exploring my own masochism to the point where it requires strong kindred to supervise so I don't lose control and commit a breach." His Grace being the only one to provide that need so far. "As a result, I don't do the masochism much, but when I do, it's usually among fellow Acolytes. In that sense it's less about the sexual pleasure and more about speaking to the Dark Mother in an altered state." a chesire grin spreads across her face "Although sometimes pleasant surprises are nice. Have you had any experience exploring pain in trial and tribulation?"

David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

"I am impressed with yours, there are many who claim knowledge of the crone, but are so limited in their perspective. They see her in only in one pantheon, or only in on type of deity, or only within the natural world. The crone lives large among us, in all of our lives and unlives. I seek a more unified vision of the crone, which is why I strive to gain knowledge of other sects and groups."
    David nods in recognition as she discusses the sumerian goddess. One of the oldest, but also with little known.
    "I am glad to here you are doing well with your tasks. The burdens of position are difficult, and while the crone approves of suffering, it should be for enlightenment, either mental or spiritual. Suffering is not a punishment."
    David says firmly.

David listens as she discuses her sadism, and nods appropriately, but it is clear that he has little experience with the lifestyle she enjoys. "Pain and suffering are part and parcel of the world, and so of the Crone as well. I have boiled my hands to purify them. I have stripped the skin from my feet to cleanse them of taint. I have danced for a week straight the same 27 steps over and over. I have bled. And bled. And bled. Ours is a hungry goddess, as you well know. But I do not think of these experiences and remember the pain, instead I remember the understand that came from it. To know that my hands will be clean only if I am willing to clean them, that my body can be tainted, but restores itself. My soul is pure and can be cleansed. That within me exists a peace so deep that I can only tenuously touch it.
    So while I have not had a more sexually focused pain exploration, I have also explored the hidden glimpses of the Dark Mother. And, as you say, with acolytes only. A sexually focused exploration of the goddess is not something I have done in many years, but would approve of learning more in the future."
    His voice is not timid nor shy as he discusses potential engagements with her, he sounds more excited and inquisitive than reticent.

"Innanna is not a common goddess, though she is also not very rare in choice of personal worship in our covenant. Tell me, how did you come to know her?"
    David asks, again with excitement and curiosity. Finallyll someone who is neither meek nor ignorant. A kindred who understands the depths of the Crone, and who appreciates the pain that it requires to go into those depths. A most excellent partner.
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 19

You do not have permission to view the list of names.