DISPLAYED
Pledge Talk

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    A
    Alexander Brown

Broken
    Season / Character (Alexander Brown) Dropped

Alexander's Pledge to Mhairi

"But you know what? Fine. I'll swear, if that's what it takes for you to trust me. For a Season." He clears throat. "I, Alexander Brown, adherent to the Season of Summer, solemnly swear not to betray anyone's trust by helping the Gentry, by action or inaction, to kidnap or harass any person whatever. May this promise bind me for the Season to come, and may I be banished forever from the city of Sacramento if I break it." As always, when a Pledge is sealed, there is a flutter of heart, signifying the feeling of being a part of something greater than oneself. He eyes Mhairi's face carefully, wondering if that will satisfy her.

Type: Vow
    Task: Forbiddance, Lesser (-1)
    Boons: Glamour (+2)
    Sanction: Banishment (-3)
    Duration: Season (+2)

1 WP spent to invoke

0 Scenes

Fulfilled

Shaking her head, Mhairi takes a breath and speaks wyrd heavy words.

"For for this Day I Swear to you on my meager skills as a wordsmith, that I am not True Fae, and I work not for them, and I will not return to work for them. If my words ring false, let the Wyrd itself let it's displeasure be known."

Mhairi takes another breath and releases it, hopefully this would be enough to satisfy the Wizended across from her, and the Wyrd that bound all the Lost together.
    “I promise by my own words, I ain’t lyin’ about not workin’ for Them since I got away, least as far as I know. Neither that I plan to work for Them’ in or the future or am Them. I’ll regret it if I do.”

The promise hung in the air. Not quite as delicately as Mhairi’s words had been but hopefully the Wyrd still accepted them.
    Mechanics

Mantle
    (Summer: Sun beating down)
    Wyrd
    Donovan Ackerman

Mask
    Most of the time he is hunched over, crouching, sitting on his heels or in some other posture that belies his six foot height. His skin is very tanned and weather worn from long days working outside. Donovan wears durable clothes. Most of it is old and patched. As often as he can get away with it, he doesn't wear shoes.
    Mien

Mien
    While he stays the same height his body and limbs become wiry and lanky, like he's been starved. His callouses are noticeably thicker. Dust and bits of chaff cling to his clothes. Straw and small twigs stick out of his hair. He constantly has mud on his hands. Loam is caked on his feet. Small plants sprouting from the dirt. Probably most distinct though is the smell. Sweat, hay, fresh turned earth, scents of fey animals and fruit, and manure
    Active Pledges

Fulfilled

"Utter an oath on your Truest Name that before a Moon's time, you will hunt the Wolf. Banish the Wight. Squish the Spider. Uphold this Oath and I will give you the key. Break this Oath and may you be Cursed!" The dealer involuntarily shudders.
    Donovan met the goblin’s eyes and it wasn’t the Wizened that turned away first. Wights, Spiders. He wasn’t interested in the riddles and word play as much as the other two were. The truth of it was they were dealing with what sounded like a Loyalist. Feeding folk fruit. Somehow changing them into Changelings on Earth and then sending them to a Keeper to be literally or figuratively baked into pie.

“Justice, hunt, squish. Whatever. I’ll swear, whether my name's dirt or not. But…,” he he finally stepped forward, glowering at the broken man “You’d damn well better make it worth it.”

Type: Oath (True Name, Obscured)
    Task: Endeavor, Greater (-3) Kill the Man in Purple
    Boon: Favor, Greater (+3)
    Sanction: Curse, Medial (-2)
    Duration: Moon (+2)
    Wizened Woodwalker; Mantle: feel the sun beating down
    Defense: 2, Armor: 0, Speed:10

4. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post
    Striking Looks 2 "Ethereal"
    Retainer
    (Angus (ensorcelled mortal))
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

Broken
    Season / Character (Thomas Land) Dropped

"Awesomes!" Ingrid's mouth turned into a big "O" and she positively wriggled with joy. Holding out her hands she encouraged the other's to take her hands and form a loose circle. Her lips were still curved into a smile when she began to intone:

"Hand in hand, we stand side by side. Allies bound through the Wyrd's skein. I'll stand by you as you stand by me; and we'll learn more of ourselves along this journey together. Let this be so for a season's turn, and if I lie let all Arcane thought and Horatio's philosophy desert me."

There had to be words to seal the thing. Might as well be her.

Task: Alliance, medial (-2)
    Boon: Adroitness, lesser (+1 Academics); Adroitness, lesser (+1 Occult)
    Sanction: Poisoning of Boons, lesser (Academics, Occult) (-2)
    Darkling: Palewraith |Spring Mantle 3 (Heady scent of plums)
    WYRD 3| Health: 7| Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7| Striking Looks 2: "Ethereal"

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Broken

A circle? Or was it because there were four if them it would be a square? Mhairi's fell-flames flicker as the nerves energy echoes throughout her body, only to be replaced with a....calmness. A zen. It was an echo of what she'd feel when she put herself into another's hands.

....which might explain her...ease around their Fae magics.

Ingrid's rough voice intones the words, invoking the wyrd and Mhairi's voice picks up when the darkling's ceases.

"A circle we stand, hand to hand. Allies bound, friendship found. Wyrd weft and woven. The circle will not break, if you don't break from it. A quarter year, a Seasons turn may this circle stand. Power we seek, knowledge it's form. Of ourselves, each other and of hidden things. Secrets lost and of the Lost. Waiting to be found. I say these words and they are true, but if I ever betray this Vow then let," fell-flames flicker at Ingrid as her lips quirk higher, "Arcane thought and Horatio's philosophy desert me."

-1 WP to Seal the Pledge
    Sanction: Poisoning of Boons , lesser (Academics, Occult) (-1,-1)
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

Presence
    (Furtive)
    Autumn Mantle
    (Scent of Wet Dirt)
    Archive
    (Changeling Lore, Hedge Lore)
    Status
    (MS: Library Science)
    Contacts
    (Academia)
    Thomas Land

Beast: Cleareyes

Mien

Thomas’s true face leaves no doubt as to his seeming. Indeed, his appearence is more mole than human. His whole head comes to the fleshly point of an elongated nose. His hair or more properly fur is dark brown and travels down his forehead and cheeks, stopping just before his pink nose. His eyes are smaller, beadier. His back is more hunched, he’s shorter, and his body and limbs seem thicker. His hands and feet are larger and tipped with dirt-caked claws.
    Mask

Thomas is an unassuming, middle-aged man, standing at just over 5’5” with a hunch to his back. Despite his slight stature, he still has a stocky build with something of a barrel chest and thick arms and legs. His dark blond hair is thinning and messy atop his large head. His blue eyes are set wide apart and slightly asymmetrical. Wire-rimmed glasses perch high on the bridge of a pointy nose. His attire is generically professorial: tweed jackets, slacks, button-up shirts, ties, and sweaters.
    Mantle

Thomas’s mantle manifests as a pervasive smell of wet earth. There always seems to be a dead leaf or two, wet and brown, stuck to his person.

Broken
    Season / Character Dropped

Mhairi and Ingrid have both spoken the words. And now it is Thomas's turn. Gulping down his wine, he speaks up.

For once, his voice seems strong, certain:

"Together in the Dark Wood, the Selva Oscura, we stand. Four bound as one for a season's turn. Together, we'll search for knowledge and together we'll find it. Secrets lost, yes, and secrets of the Lost, things rarely seen and rarely told. I give my word to the three who stand with me now and to the Wyrd in turn, I will not break this pact. And if I should abandon my vow, let Arcane thought and Horatio's philosophy desert me." Beady eyes dart between the three women, solemn in the flickering light of the fire.

-1 WP to Seal the Pledge

Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra
    Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra

Broken

Seeing Ingrid’s offered hand, Sera accepts it as her eyes move from Lost to Lost.

As their words were said and the Pledge spoken by each, she realized this was it. There was no going back once the words left her lips.

Butterflies began to flutter in her stomach as a mixture of excitement and fear formed.

It was her turn to speak now, and she takes a deep breath to try and steady her voice,

“As a circle we stand, hand in hand, a bond formed for a Season’s Turn. My trust and strength I offer to you three, my word to never be broken. Knowledge we will seek and preserve to strengthen our bond. Let us grow as one in both knowledge, and in self. If I betray this Vow, let Arcane thought and Horatio's philosophy desert me."

-1 WP to Seal the Pledge

Distinctive Voice
    (Disquieting)
    Striking Looks
    (Nonpareil)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    Mantle
    (Candlelight)
    Lucifer

Mask
    Lucifer's alien beauty is almost cruel, the eye moving uncomfortably from one monstrously perfect feature to the next.

Mien
    Lurking beneath the alien beauty of the mask is the echo of the grotesque. Cruel teeth hide behind plush lips, goat eyes glitter beneath long lashes, ears are twisted into points, with skin the color of curdled milk.

Redacted

Plot/Charaters Dropped

"I mean you no harm, nor hindrance, if the same is true of you. Vow this to me and we will gain a greater understanding of the other. Cross my heart and hope to die, until this time next year," the shadowed beauty declared, her free hand scratching an X over her heart.
    DIGNITARY'S VOW:
    Task: Lesser Alliance -1
    Boon: Lesser Adroitness (Empathy) +1
    Sanction: Death -3
    Duration: Year and a Day +3
    Lucifer. Fairest: Shadowsoul/Illes, Pres 4 (Smoldering), SL 4 (Nonpareil), Distinctive Voice 2 (Disquieting). Autumn Mantle 1 (Candlelight reflecting in her eyes).
    Pledges: Dignitaries Vow

10. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.

Flowering

Fulfilled

Coming in from here.

"To assure the protection of our bretheren, bretheren in this oath being those once human that have returned to the human world from Arcadia, I swear upon the name of my Keeper, Ophellia the Eternal Gardener, that would seek me were my word broken, that I will not aid any of the Arcadian Gentry against my bretheren, the aforementioned. For one turn of the season, I hold this vow, blessing my understanding of my bretheren, so defined before, lest my words and deeds be cursed to great misfortune."

"If you hold true to your word, swear it upon the name of your Keeper, who will seek you should your word prove false, and bind the vow that demonstrates your sincerity not just to one but to all our bretheren, so named, that escaped from Arcadia."

The great thing about creating a raw pledge, is you get to name it!
    Oath of Gentry's Denial:
    Task: Forbiddance -1
    Blessing: Lesser Adroitness (Empathy) +1
    Sanction: Curse -2
    Duration: Season +2

End October 20th
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

W
    Wolfgang

Fulfilled

"The sad truth is that there isn't any trust between any of us. We've only just met and someone has, undeniably, precipitated a split within our Court. To begin to rectify this, I propose that we, one and all, make a Pledge of Closed Ranks. We close ranks, for a season. We focus inward, to better understand each other. And we reject any attempt for those outside our Court to influence us in Court-related matters. We swear on the Court, with Edna's as our courtly emblem, so that if any of us break this pledge, we all know it and the very season rejects the oath-breaker for valuing the voice of outsiders over our own."
    PLEDGE OF CLOSED RANKS:
    Corporal Pledge: Courtly Emblem (Autumn Mantle)
    Task: Medial Forbiddance -2
    Boon: Adroitness x2 (+1 Empathy and Socialize) +2
    Sanction: Poisoning of Boon x2 -2
    Duration: Season +2

Sworn between Lucifer Rhodes Nana and Wolfgang on August 2nd, ending October 30.

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
+ Reply to Thread