Striking Looks
    (Nonpareil)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    Mantle
    (Candlelight)
    Lucifer

Mask
    Lucifer's alien beauty is almost cruel, the eye moving uncomfortably from one monstrously perfect feature to the next.

Mien
    Lurking beneath the alien beauty of the mask is the echo of the grotesque. Cruel teeth hide behind plush lips, goat eyes glitter beneath long lashes, ears are twisted into points, with skin the color of curdled milk.

Fulfilled

Shared between Lucifer and Rhodes and expires Sept 19th

"We will share an alliance between us, risking death or disgrace, you for your crown, and me for my shadow play, and from this bond we will gain renown throughout the land! But, should we break this alliance, we shall find failure stalking our every endeavor, until the moon has come to cycle around once again.

"Those are my terms,"
    Lucifer replied, her manicured nails resting upon the poor wood of the table, her other hand still hidden inside the confines of her purse.

Vow of Mutual Benefit
    Task: Greater Alliance -3
    Boon: Greater Blessing (Fame 3: Entertainment) +3
    Sanction: Curse (success only on 9 and 10) +2
    Duration: Moon -2
    http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Pledge
    Lucifer. Fairest: Shadowsoul/Illes, Pres 4 (Smoldering), SL 4 (Nonpareil), Distinctive Voice 2 (Disquieting). Autumn Mantle 1 (Candlelight reflecting in her eyes).
    Pledges: Dignitaries Vow

2. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    S
    Sasha

Fulfilled

Shared between Sasha and Maxwell J. Pierce

"I'll swear not to reveal the existence of the Lost in Sacramento to any who don't know of Changelings, and not to kill or maim any sworn member of the Freehold save for in self-defense or at the order of a Monarch. In exchange, you'll be my ally and help me when I need help as a Monarch ought to help their people. Let us both enjoy wealth to smooth our ways and a silvered tongue to hide our true motives from mortal ken if we be true; if we are false, however, let our tongues bumble and let our cash become ash. For this Winter Season, we shall be bound. Is this agreeable to you, Your Majesty?"

Pledge:

Words Not to be Spoken, Bindings Not to Be Broken

Cost: 1 Willpower
    Type: Vow
    Maxwell's Task: Forbiddance, Medial (-2, Maxwell swears not to reveal the existence of the Lost in Sacramento to those who are unaware of Changelings. Maxwell also swears not to kill or maim a sworn member of the Freehold save for in self-defense or at the order of a Monarch.)
    Sasha's Task: Alliance, Medial (-2, per pp. 178 CtL)

Boons: Both: Adroitness, Lesser (+1 Subterfuge), Blessing, Lesser (+1 Resources) (+2 total)
    Sanctions: Both: Poisoning of the Boons, Medial (-2)
    Duration: Season (+2)
    "I do agree, Maxwell." And so the Pledge was sealed for the duration set forth.

S
    Sasha

Broken
    Year and a Day / Character (Sasha) Dropped

He smiles as the details fall into place. "Such a thing is indeed common, Sera, and sounds the best way forward for us at this time. So, my dears. Upon Mantle then, for a year and a day. None present will converse to any not here that Lady Sasha revealed a Courtly Secret to those outside of the Winter Court. Any who do will be cursed to great misfortune in all they attempt, but those that hold true shall find their endeavours shall be prosperous, generating great fortune." There is a distinct lack of power in the words, showing the pledge is not yet binding. Rhodes looks between the beautiful Fairest ladies. "How does that sound? Or would you prefer a less... Earthly reward to the Oath? Makes little difference to me." The Dread Lord smiles genially.
    Shaking her head, the Fairest said with a small smile. "I think what we've agreed upon sounds great."
    The terms sounded fair to her, and being blessed with great fortune worked well for her. “That sounds fair and just to me.” A nod of her head as she spoke.
    Type: Corporal, Courtly Emblem
    Task For All Except Sasha: Forbiddence, Lesser (-1) (Do not speak of what Sasha told them about the Ice Law)
    Task for Sasha: None
    Boon for all except Sasha: Blessing, Lesser (+1 Resources)
    Boon for Sasha: None
    Sanction: Greater Curse (-3)
    Duration: Year and a Day (+3)

WP Update
    Last edited by Selena; Mar 4th, 2019 at 08:27 PM.  Reason for Edit: Added WP Spending

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.

Flowering

Fulfilled

"I just have to know the truth of your words..." Rhodes pleads, wrapping his fingers around hers tightly. "Swear that you will not lie when you profess your love, and I will do the same, until this far under the Summer sun. I will owe you a favor equal to the binding of this Pledge. And should either of break this Vow we will be cursed by our deceit until this binding ends." Something about the power thrumming through the Wyrd as he spins the Pledge makes The Flowering sound more like himself, like reaching for the Power helps remind him who he is. "And then we will know our love is real in a way no others can."

The overly large green eyes are wide, almost lit up with the Fae magic thrumming through the Dread Lord. His flowers seem to open wider, thriving on the power he is calling on.
    Hopefully this will make sense:
    Task: Lesser Forbiddance (Don't lie about loving each other)
    Boon: Favour (Rhodes owes a favour to Seraphina)
    Duration: one Season
    Sanction: Curse (successes only on 9 and 10)
    There was a nod of understanding as she listens.

Looking into his eyes, “I swear that I will not lie to you when I profess my love, until this far under the Summer Sun. I will owe you a favor equal to the binding of this Pledge. Should either of us break this Vow, we will be cursed by our deceit until the binding ends.” Her own Wyrd worked into each word, her sapphires sparkling in a way they hadn’t before. Or had they? In a dream?

As she feels the Wyrd bind the words, she offers him a small smile, searching his eyes. Glad to see he was more himself, but still worried. “Are you ok?” the concern in her voice as she squeezes his hand.
    Selena , FYI and approval.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    (Cloying metallic scent, pressure)
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

An expressionless humanoid with a sectioned doll-like exoskeleton of sand-blasted glass. He has glass eyes that move and blink, and his mouth moves enough to speak naturally without a speech impediment, but does not emote. Fawkes does have the same hair as his Mask escaping from cracks in his scalp. It is actually magnetized red sand; any facial hair (eyebrows, beard, eyelashes) have to be artificially applied by hand.
    Active Pledges:

Mentorship - Seraphina (Exp. Summer Coronation)

Renewal Required:

Good Neighbours - John Doe (Exp. 04/07)
    Good Neighbours - Maxwell J. Pierce (Exp. 03/26)

Fulfilled

Found the thread!

Submitting for approval for Selena

QuoteQuote:
    "We stand at the precipice, and look to build foundation.
    The heat will rise and test our fortitude, so let the Season of New Beginnings be our time of growth,
    From Spring to the dog days of Summer, we will task ourselves once a week to polish our skill,
    Let the Wyrd bless our minds and bodies with the knowledge we need,
    So we may pay back our protection in kind to this Freehold.

If we break this trust by breaking skin, bone, or spirit,
    Let the very hands that dealt the blow suffer with the grind of joints that were once so honed,
    Until Summer comes so we may meet our Promise."

From this thread.

Duration: Get better at self defense by Summer – up to one season (+2)

Boon: Increase in fighting prowess and emergency response – Adroitness - +1 dot in a Skill: Brawl, Blessing - +1 dot in
    Merit: Mentor (+2)

Tasks: Mentorship – Difficult: meet once a week for hard training to prepare for Summer (-2)

Sanctions: Consequence to causing major injury – Flaw (Negatives on 1s for rolls requiring use of hands): arthritic joint pain of the hands for the Season (-2)

End date: Summer Coronation

Mister Meadows, Interpreter
    Presence
    (Suasive)
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)

Broken
    Season / Character (Mr. Moon) Dropped

Rhodes and Mr. Moon have sworn a Dread Lord's Pledge. It expires 8/9/19.

The Dread Lord cracks his knuckles and clears his throat. The winds of his Autumn Mantle pick up as Rhodes reaches for the Wyrd to bind the pledge. "For the next season, we will neither act for the Gentry nor their agents, nor will we betray the Freehold of Sacramento to those who would do them harm. This we Vow, lest our fortunes turn against us. But while we hold true, the gift of the silver tongue will be ours."

Pledge: Vow
    Task: Forbiddance (will not serve the gentry or betray the Freehold members to dangers)
    Boon: Adroitness (Persuasion)
    Sanction: Curse (success on 9&10 only)
    Duration: 1 season

M
    Mr. Moon

Fulfilled

Mr. Moon and Fawkes have sworn a Good Neighbor Pledge for the duration of the Yard Sailing thread
    As Fawkes approaches, Mr. Moon turns off his radio. His driver side and passenger side windows were rolled down, but there was nothing he could do about the front and back ones. Or his mirrors, at least, not effectively.

"Fawkes." Mr. Moon raps his fingers on the steering wheel and quickly grips and releases them in forced relaxation, before nodding to the other man. "I could not help but notice that Rhodes was the only one who asked a pledge of newcomers publicly. That puts me in an unenviable position. Would you be amenable to a Good Neighbor Pledge for the day? Let us keep an eye out for a real threat without worrying about each other, our eyes curdling if we're untrue?"

Altered Good Neighbor Pledge
    Type: Vow
    Task: Alliance, Lesser (-1, Both)
    Boons: Blessing: Danger Sense Merit •• (+2, Both)
    Sanction: Flaw: Blindness (-2, Both)
    Duration: Day (+1)
    Cost: 1 Willpower (from Mr. Moon)

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.

Flowering

Fulfilled

The following was sworn between Rhodes and Markarth in this thread here

"We swear that that we will not serve the Gentry or their agents in any way, nor will we seek to bring physical harm to each other or members of the Freehold of Sacramento. This we Vow for one moon, lest our fortunes turn against us. But while we hold true, the gift of eloquence, in word and form, will be ours."
    Task: Forbiddance (will not serve the Gentry or their agents, nor harm each other or Freehold members)
    Boon: Adroitness (Expression)
    Duration: 1 month

The pledge is for 30 days, so runs out on 19th September.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

10. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Flowering

S

Fulfilled

worne between Rhodes and Blaise here.

We swear that that we will not serve the Gentry or their agents in any way, nor will we seek to bring physical harm to each other or members of the Freehold of Sacramento. This we Vow for one moon, lest our fortunes turn against us. But while we hold true, so will the aim of our hand.

Task: Forbiddance (will not serve the Gentry or their agents, nor harm each other or Freehold members)
    Boon: Adroitness (Firearms)
    Duration: 1 month
    Is for 30 days so end on 18th September.

W
    Woland

Broken
    Season / Character Abraham Norton (Dead)

This Pledge was sworn between Abraham Norton and Seraphina here.

"On that what makes us Fairest of Them All, the body and spirit that is both a burden and a blessing, may our words reveal none of what we choose to share today until the season turns, unless the other gives us permission. If we uphold this promise, may we be blessed with understanding of one's mind and soul. If we don't - may misfortune claim our fates"

Type: Corporal, Seeming Emblem
    Task: Forbiddance, Lesser (-1, will not reveal the contents of this discussion to others without permission)
    Boons: Adroitness (+1, Empathy Skill)
    Sanction: Curse, Medial (-2)
    Duration: Season (+2)

If Sera agrees, Abraham seals the Pledge with 1 WP (see previous post for power icon)
    Saber Sloth

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
+ Reply to Thread