Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Pledge Talk

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Pledges

Changeling has historically had a pretty lax take on Pledges. For the most part they've been used as a goodie grab-bag and rarely (if ever) have Sanctions been enforced. That's going to change, and Pledges will revert to RAW with a few tweaks. While this may seem a bit harsh, the truth is that soured bargains are just as much a part of fae tradition as anything else. Ignoring such is a disservice to the setting. Some might point out that Pledges are the main reasons for Motleys, but sharing Hollows confer a ton of benefits as found in all venues. So let's run through the changes.

Freehold Oath
    Done away with, see Wyrdstone

Duration
    Until a character has been in play a year, only Lesser and Medial Durations are available. These range from a single day to a season and offer plenty of flexibility. Once a character is proven to reasonably be expected to fulfill a Greater Duration by being in play for a year, they can then use Greater Durations in their Pledges.

Sanctity
    Once a Pledge is made, it is either fulfilled or broken. This is per RAW. Their is no 'mutual dissolution' or 'hand-waving' if a character leaves the game. If a character leave, the Pledge is broken. Period. Be careful with your Pledges. There are no more 'freebies' or ignoring Sanctions.

Mechanics
    Pledges have been one of the traditional time sinks of Changeling Storytellers, and mostly because players aren't doing their due diligence with the rules. If you don't understand the mechanics of Pledges, you have no business making them.

When a Pledge is made, the wording and mechanics should be recorded in this thread. It is up to all parties to vet both (feel free to discuss ICly). If the mechanics are sound, an ST will note the Pledge has taken hold. If the mechanics are not sound, the Pledge will simply not take hold and be wasted breath. The Wyrd is not a teacher or babysitter.

You will have two attempts to make a sound Pledge before it is nixed entirely. This will keep the back-and-forth with Storytellers to a minimum and put the burden on the player(s) to do due diligence with the rules. A nixed Pledge cannot be re-attempted for two months. However, each dot of Pledgesmith will give a character an additional attempt. So if a character has Pledgesmith (●●), they may take four attempts.

Bookkeeping
    Successful Pledges should be recorded in the Signature or Minisheet of a Changeling including a link to the post with the details.

Active Pledge must also be recorded in the Pledge Calendar!

Questions about this, or Pledges in general, should go in the OOC Discussion thread.
    Last edited by Saber Sloth; May 12th, 2021 at 11:07 AM.

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

Fulfilled

Malcolm Green & Katrin Byeli

Conspiracy of the Creeping Frost upon the Lonely March:
    Last edited by West; May 21st, 2017 at 08:08 AM.

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

Heat, slowly scorching the air around him.

Broken
    Year and a Day / Character Dropped

"I would like you both to be my Clavigers. Do you accept? If you do I will have you each in turn swear an oath to Crown of spring."

"I swear to serve my court as a Claviger, for a year and a day."

Claviger of the Ardent Step
    Last edited by West; May 21st, 2017 at 08:09 AM.

Mary Lee
    Mary Lee

Broken

Mary nods, replying after Queen Violet has concluded her spiel, "I'm familiar with the position, Queen Violet. I was just curious if there were an immediate goal in mind, if that make sense? And if that's all there is to say, I'll say that I swear to be the Sylvan Emissary of the Spring Court for a year and a day."
    Sylvan Emissary
    Last edited by West; May 21st, 2017 at 08:10 AM.

C
    Casitive

Broken

"I would like you to be my Searce."

"I swear to serve my court as Searce, for a year and a day."

Searce

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

Fulfilled

"I would like you both to be my Clavigers. Do you accept? If you do I will have you each in turn swear an oath to Crown of spring."

"I swear to serve my court as Claviger for a year and a day."

Claviger of the Flashing Blade
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

S
    Saeyer

Broken

"I would find it most agreeable if Ms. Campbell would continue her duties at Lady Scrivener. In order for her to perform her function, she will require every member of our circle to keep her informed of any previously unknown occult knowledge or other strange activity of suspected fae origin. To encourage such cooperation, those of you who wish to hold a title within our court shall swear to do so as part of your oath. In return, the scriveness shall keep us updated on a seasonal basis concerning all that has been reported to her. You may renew your oath to me at any time if you find this arrangement agreeable, Ms. Campbell."
    "By the lengthening shadows of Autumn, I swear to fulfill my duties as Scrivener, collecting and making known within the Leaden Mirror all knowledge germane to it that comes to me, whether it be through my own efforts or those of my fellows. Let these words bind me for a year and a day, and the Wyrd punish me should I break them."
    Scrivener's Writ
    Last edited by West; May 21st, 2017 at 08:11 AM.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread