Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Open) Touching Base

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    T

Artemis wandered through the shops and stalls of Quicksilver Gate like a small child in wonder at everything there. Like a 7 foot tall child. He smiled as he went greeting vendors warming and touching things that interested him. "I really do need a job." he muttered to himself lamenting over all the things he liked, but could not have. He saw items that he supposed members of his old freehold might have liked too, but it was too late now. They were there and he was here. He wondered what sort of things the in the local freehold members might like.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

On the upper level, Terri stood at the recently reopened and refurbished Treetop Fashions. All around her were various racks of haute couture dresses and outfits, each one different from the next. Shelves of accessories were spread out on the right hand side of the counter; gloves, belts, scarves and sashes, with some metalwork masterpieces that Marcus had made for her to sell.

Admittedly, she had been away on business of her Order, and even though Gianna had understood, keeping her booth available, the Blackbirds didn't exactly pay the bills. Besides, fashion was her passion and it was good to be back doing what she loved.

Wearing a fitted blue and white stripped dress, Terri was leaning on her counter, sketching some simple designs onto a plain notepad, her fingers tapping in time with her mp3 player that was playing nearby through a docking station; the voice of Chris Martin filling her booth.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

This is Helen's first visit to Quicksilver Gate. She's on the hunt for some vegetables and the hustle and bustle of the farmer's market is both uncomfortable and thrilling for her. She darts from booth to booth, squeezing a tomato here, examining a bunch of basil there. Occasionally, she sniffs at a cucumber. Once or twice, she seems to whisper to a pepper. What she buys, she places carefully in a tote-bag she's brought with her. No one pays the eccentric old lady any mind. But when people do manage to notice her, they go out of their way to help her, offering warm smiles which she happily returns. At times, she sidles up to a booth simply to listen to other people talk, pretending to examine produce as she registers and measures the sound and patterns of their speech. When she wanders away, she's often muttering some fascinating bit of chatter she's picked up.

Helen's found everything she needs for her salad and, enjoying her anonymity amidst so many people, decides to push further into the market. That's when she spots the towering, earthen man winding his way through the crowd. He's so striking she stops in her tracks with a little "Oh my." Then she's on the ground, her bag spilling vegetables, pushed over by a thoughtless shopper. Several people stoop to help the little old lady retrieve her items as Helen gathers herself up, managing to look dignified despite the embarrassment of being bowled over, offering those who're helping her a heartfelt "Thank you" along with assurances of "I'm fine, dear. Just fine." All in all, quite the commotion for such a tiny woman.

T

Fashion was never Artemis' strong point, so it would have been easy to skip by Treetop Fashions. Easy that is, if it wasn't for the cute, friendly looking squirrel at the counter. Artemis stopped and looked, and looked again. Then the heavenly scent of bread drew him in closer.

"Well hello there!" Artemis called to her as he took a step into the shop, just as the commotion occurred nearby. Artemis raised his eyebrows in concern and then, when he caught a glimpse of the Wizened being picked up off the floor, thought he should help the lady and fellow Lost.

"Excuse me my dear." He said to Terri and strode over to offer his assistance to Helen.

"Cousin!" He said in a warm and friendly, though loud, voice. "Can I help you with your bags?" he offered a large hand and a broad smile to the slight woman.

Daisy Wen
    Daisy Wen

Daisy Wen

Wizened Artist
    Presence ●● (Vivacious)
    Striking Looks ●● (Delicate)
    Fame ● (Culture - Art World)
    Mantle (Spring) ● The scent of plum blossoms swirl around her, as their petals fall in her wake. Language - Mandarin.
    Mask

A slim and petite women, of seemingly fragile beauty. With hair as black as a raven wing, kept long, either loose around her shoulders, or pulled back into a bun. She has a fair complexion, with delicate features.
    Mien

This Porcelain fawn, Manikin is material, Beast in shape. Artist in reality. comprised a fine white china. Her hair, still long is glazed in jade. Dainty china antler-horns poke out from her hair. Unguligrades legs she crafted for herself, now support dainty deer hoofed feet. Her eyes are large, pupiless, and the entirety of the eye black as pitch. She's lean, her limbs are long, her fingers spindly, but carry a certainty and deftness when plying her craft.

Daisy waited for her heart to still as her wide pitch back eyes began darting in every-which-way as she tried to take in the sight before her, and not be drawn back into memory. It took a moment for her to do away with the horror and fear, for her to look in awe at the hustle and bustle of the market. To excuse her hesitation, Daisy removes invisible lint from her outfit. A qipao top, made of patterned lace with a solid black camisole beneath it. Which was paired with a simple free flowing skirt, so that her unguligraded shape of her legs didn't need to fight with trousers, and the magic of her Mask need not hide them.

Glad that she thought to place Sly in a bright orange emotional support animal vest, with it's matching harness. The colours sharply contrasting with his fur, even as Halloween was drawn to mind. Daisy held fast to his leather leash, even as he perched upon her shoulder. With light steps she continued on, during the Winter Coronation she had been told that it was either the Rose Garden or Quicksilver Gate that the others of fair Spring dwelt. With this many in attendance she thought that she might indeed fight that which she sought.

If not for the booming voice that caused her to glance in his direction the fawn thought she might have continued wandering among the delightful shops for hours yet.

Though her mask gave the illusion of classic and delicate high heels, her hooves made quick and light work as she approached the giant sand dune of a man. A genuine smile appearing as she smelt the refreshing scent of beach rain, the man's mantle. 'Cousin?' Daisy thinks, as she sees the man, help spindly elderly women. 'Closer kin then that my friend.' her thoughts mused as she beamed at the sight of another Wizened. 'And a Spring Courtier to boot!' her thoughts rang with her delight.

Daisy wait until the women either accepts or declines the aid of the giant before she make a more surefooted approach. Absently noting that none she can sense have the twinning band of the Freehold's Oath. It might have to do with the seeming safety of her life now, but what the porcelain fawn Desires now, is to be daring. "Greetings, and salutations." she nods as she comes closer, the backed bread of a superbly powerful Autumn mantle has her hesitating for a moment. The smile she brings forth to hide her hesitation is is bright and delightfully captivating.

"I am called Daisy, and my furred companion is Sly." the feline in question is silent, as uncomfortable as Daisy, but having the excuse not to play-act for those around them. The ink dark cat instead uses his free pass as that of a watch-cat. Surly his superior feline sense will do a better job then the feeble ones of his Daisy.

Daisy continues on as she takes in the black-feathered squirrel behind the counter of an impeccable haute couture shop. "Oh! Hello dear, are you creator of these fine garments?" Daisy asks, the Beast could be a sales clerk, but Daisy hoped that wasn't true.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

The sudden booming voice near to her broke Terri from the sketching she was doing, faint outlines of a sweeping dress with a fishtail hem, individual letters next to arrows to remind the Beast of potential ingredients; the golden-orange scales of a koi-carp, the sound of glass breaking, a touch of lemon essence, enough to cut through the bitterness of others. Glancing up, her ears twitching from the greeting of the giant before her, Terri was astounded to meet someone who could rival the size of Malcolm Green , but where the Winter Courtier was like an avalanche in demeanour, the Elemental before her seemed to be his exact opposite; loud, boisterous, friendly.

However, before she could reply, he had already excused himself to assist with an older lady, one who's frail appearance reminded her of the Wizened folk. Terri was about to move around the counter to assist but the larger Elemental was on hand, and the last thing she wanted was to crowd anyone. Although, if anyone was going to create a panic, it would be a 7'2 suit of sand and rock.

Still, he gave the appearance of a friendly sort, and so Terri held back, watching and waiting, an honest smile on her delicate features. Her eyes did slide from the Wizened and the Elemental, though, as a delicate woman with a black cat approached, and spoke to her directly.

"Hi," Terri replied pleasantly, her eyes flicking from the Wizened to her hedge beast partner, whose mien was as clear as day to the Beast. His pitch black appearance stood at odds in the bright orange vest but Terri wasn't going to say it was a bad combination; orange and black had been her thing for years.

"I am, yes," she confirmed, extending her hand towards Daisy. "Terri Nutkins, nice to meet you. Please, feel free to take a look around. All the designs can be altered but if there is anything in particular you're after, then I'm all ears," she grinned, a small joke at her own ear-tufted expense. Her eyes once again slid to the cat before checking in on the Elemental and the Wizened who's groceries had spilled across the ground, making sure they were both okay.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)

Helen gapes up at Artemis for only a moment before breaking into a smile, "Well aren't you a lovely man," she says as she hands him her bag of slightly-bruised vegetables. She quickly glances about them at the humans who have been helping, giving them a look that says I'm fine now that he's here, before fixing the pitch black of her eyes back on Artemis, "Well that was embarrassing wouldn't you say? Anyhow, I'm Helen." Her voice tips here and there with a pleasant sing-song lilt, and spring breezes seem to follow it. She steps closer to him, placing her ink-stained fingers on his arm, squeezing slightly, feeling the uneven mixture of sand and rock. "You're quite well-made, aren't you?" She says it as an old woman might, one who's given to flirting with handsome younger men, and gives him a wink.

But before she can ask his name, the fawn has arrived on the scene with her cat strapped to her. Helen breathes in deep, savoring the smell of plum blossoms, the way it mingles with Artemis' scent of falling rain. Her smile widens, genuine, but a little spark of panic flares up inside her. Two of the lost, both seemingly of her own court (she can feel it), suddenly upon her in a crowded market. Is this some kind of ambush? Or a party sent after her by the local Freehold? Oh Helen, let's call it a happy accident, she thinks, simply happy to have the company even if it makes her a little jumpy. "Hello Daisy! And hello Sly! I'm Helen," she says with evident good cheer, though she can't help but give the cat a wary look. Helen prefers plants.

In any case, Helen looks back up at her giant, earthen savior, "What the man says is true: 'In the Fiord the diorite man obtrudes,' and we certainly are obtruding! Shouldn't we get ourselves out of the flow of traffic?"

Helen will let herself be led back to Treetop Fashions, her nose picking up the delightful scent of baking bread. "It smells wonderful in here!" she exclaims to no one in particular, but then focuses on the beautiful squirrel-woman who simply sings of autumn, "And I'd say that's because of you, lovely girl. Hello! I'm Helen."

She looks between the three of them, overwhelmed but truly happy; letting herself enjoy the conflicting tug of urges: to revel in their company or to flee. After all, she's seen much worse than a little social interaction, been of many more than two minds. Whether they've come looking for her or this all proves to be a strange coincidence, she's found those like her, fellow Lost. What a wonderful surprised, even if she's snapped a few stalks of celery in the process.

8. Likes Pixie Styx, Teeramus liked this post
    T

"One can only try my dear." Artemis replied with a smile as he took the bag. "Oh! You didn't." He said at her flirting with mock surprise that quickly collapsed into an amused smile. He was relieved to sense her Spring Mantle as she spoke, finding those of his chosen Court just got a little easier. Easier still now that he had seen the porcelain fawn enter Treetop Fashions surrounded by the delicious smell of plum blossoms. "Yes. Let's step into this shop here." He indicated Treetop Fashions where he managed to catch Daisy and Terri's introduction.

"If I caught your names a'right you would be Daisy and Terry." He began, "Sorry for stepping away, but it seemed like Helen here could use my assistance." He indicated the slight woman who could probably disappear into his shadow without much effort then placed her bag on a convenient bench.

"I'm Artemis and this is a lovely boutique you have here." He said genuinely, peering into the store and being gladdened to see that it had men's fashion as well. "I hear that there is going to be a big do soon, possibly at the Rose Garden. I suppose it would be a good idea to have something presentable to wear." He mused to himself, wondering if he could stretch his meager resources to buying anything fancy.

Daisy Wen
    Daisy Wen

Daisy Wen

Wizened Artist
    Presence ●● (Vivacious)
    Striking Looks ●● (Delicate)
    Fame ● (Culture - Art World)
    Mantle (Spring) ● The scent of plum blossoms swirl around her, as their petals fall in her wake. Language - Mandarin.
    Mask

A slim and petite women, of seemingly fragile beauty. With hair as black as a raven wing, kept long, either loose around her shoulders, or pulled back into a bun. She has a fair complexion, with delicate features.
    Mien

This Porcelain fawn, Manikin is material, Beast in shape. Artist in reality. comprised a fine white china. Her hair, still long is glazed in jade. Dainty china antler-horns poke out from her hair. Unguligrades legs she crafted for herself, now support dainty deer hoofed feet. Her eyes are large, pupiless, and the entirety of the eye black as pitch. She's lean, her limbs are long, her fingers spindly, but carry a certainty and deftness when plying her craft.

"That is simply fantastic!" Daisy enthuses, stepping closer, "Ms Nutkins, I must say that I've always admired such craftsmanship! And the name of your shop! A whimsical delight! Is it named so for it's high perch within the market?" her smile more of an amused smirk, as her sparkling black eyes take in the sight of the petite squirrel before her.

"Artemis?" Daisy tilts her head, wasn't Artemis name of the Greek goddess of the hunt? Was this the name of his birth? Or something he chose for himself, if it was a chosen name why did the man chose to invoke such a name? Especially for the Lost, where a name is power. "I must say that your cologne is quite fetching!" she says instead of questioning him upon his name. They were newly acquainted, and in public. Such talks could wait until their friendship grows, and they not in such an open space.

"Hello Helen!" Daisy greats, "Aren't you just a breath of fresh air." So she likes puns. Sue her. Or perhaps let Sly continue to kneed her shoulder for the punny offence.

"'Twas my own thoughts as well, Artemis! I do hope that it is at the Rose Garden. I've been once, and it is simply divine. Sly, dislikes the heady scent of roses. For they make his sneeze. But I found the restaurant delightful. And I wanted to find something to wear that might complement me, the evening, the location and of course our host." she finishes with a bright smile.

Description

PRE

"Actually, I once had my own store on the corner of McKinley Park, which I called Treetop Fashions, due to my own, personal outlook. I opened it as a way for locals to try something new, wear something different, to be inspired to change and be daring," Terri explained to Daisy, reminiscing on her past, her tail swishing with the feeling of excitement the memory brought. She didn't add what came next, the destruction and the death, her own jaded time in captivity among slavers.

Of what came of her den.

The modest boutique seemed to grow even smaller as the four of them huddled inside but with the extra height and girth of Artemis, Terri's booth become more intimate. Still, she wasn't going to complain. The possibility to learn more about the latest additions to the Freehold was pretty awesome.

"Thank you," the Beast smiled graciously towards both Helen and Artemis, listening as the trio engaged in conversation, their Mantles obvious to her. The talk of the Season changing brought a smile to her face. Even if it was Spring taking hold, it was the eternal cycle that kept them protected from the depredations of those who would seek to do them harm.

"If anything catches your eyes, I'll be happy to discuss any alterations needed," Terri offered, turning the volume down on her mp3 player before adding with an honest, open smile, "Naturally, for first time customers who I'm sure I'd class as friends, there would be a massive discount."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread