Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Hunting the Hunter

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    B

I return to my senses as the other two leave the parking space.

Alone in the cold, wet night I look to the west, to the Econo-Lodge that has borne witness to the brutal murder committed here months ago. There were answers there, I could tell by the way the clouds seemed to hug the air directly above it. The last name of Delia, written in some guest book or log, and perhaps even some personal effects or messages she had left.

Casting my gaze east I see the cityscape, titanic skyscrapers hungrily looming over thousands of tiny lights and lives. It too promised answers, albeit hidden among a thousand questions and harder to find by far. But if she hurried east she would have something she would lose forever if she went west now. The two guides that fate had sent her tonight, she knew neither their name nor anything else about them and if she left them fate might not see to a reunion.

And so I hurry east. Towards my guides, towards Club Inferno, towards a meeting with the Prince and all other things the east yet hid from my sight.

B

A minute later I have gained sufficiently on the others to have my Beast rear its head. I slow my walk as I ward it off, quietly walking behind them until I the Beast is firmly under control and I can safely taken my place among them, waiting to be acknowledged. Once one of them does and the time is right I ask him;

"Could I borrow a cellphone, please? I fear mine has run out of batteries and we left the Econo Lodge before I could ask the receptionist Delia's last name."

I
    Innerlight

Aesop appeared to be frustrated talking a cellphone. He had no idea if she knew what he was asking Circe, and didn't ask if she knew. When Peter didn't take the phone quickly enough he just gives it Eleanor, with the Hierophant on the other line letting her figure it out.

Peter reaches over and snatches the phone, speaking into it.

"Hello? Peter Vedderman here. With whom am I speaking?"

I
    Innerlight

Ooc

Also OOC.

"Ah, a pleasure to speak with you again. Especially without the events of our last meeting. I do hope you've been well. Aesop was asking the street address for a club by the name of Inferno. We're... trying to find someone."

"Of course, ma'am. Thank you very much for your help. Give me just a moment here..."

Peter turns to Aesop, holding the phone. "Aesop, she wished to speak to you again." With that, Peter extends the phone to his clan-mate.

B

I wait as patiently as I can while we walk in what I hope is the general direction of Club Inferno. When not-Aesop hands the phone to Aesop I try to introduce myself in whatever way not-Aesop would accept, starting out with a careful verbal greeting.

"Good evening, I do not think we have been introduced. I'm Eleanor, Eleanor Neruda."

As Peter hands his phone back to his fellow Gangrel, the unknown vampire spoke. Ensuring Aesop had the phone in hand, Peter then turns to the woman.

"A pleasure. Peter Vedderman. I would have introduced myself a bit ago, but you seemed rather busy at the moment, and I didn't wish to upset a possibly delicate situation." As he says that, Peter gestures back toward where the ghostly meeting had occurred. "So... I know what we're doing, and why we're doing it... but I don't know why. Does that make sense? What prompted you to take this task in the first place? Civic duty?"

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.