Circe's wolf heads down the stairs of the old fallout shelter ahead of Sean and Circe. It's pitch black down there. Before starting down herself, Circe asks Sean "Have you learned the basics of Auspex?"

Sean glances down the dark stairs before answering. "Lori knows it, and I've been meaning to learn it. If you're asking if I can see in the dark, though..." Sean shakes his head "No go. I'm a good follower, though, and I trust you not to lead me somewhere I might trip just for the sake of a laugh." He grins

She chuckles, then says "There are perils more dangerous in my home than tripping. Wait here... I will be just a moment."

Sean sees Circe go down the stairs and open a second door at the bottom of the stairs. Her wolf waits outside, entering only a minute or so later, when Sean sees a slight glow emnating from where Circe went.

Moments later, she is at the second door, gesturing for Sean to proceed.

Downstairs, Sean finds the large chamber lit by a few black and red wax candles, set in holders placed at far corners of the room.

The fallout shelter is fairly large - the size of a good-sized apartment - but most of the space is unused. The part Circe uses for her haven is dominated by a few pieces of furniture, including a wardrobe and a large bed. The bed is covered with silks and furs and pillows, and in the middle of the bed is curled something Sean recognizes as likely one of the perils Circe had mentioned: her ghouled serpent, a thick-bodied rattlesnake nearly six feet in length. It flicks its red-black tongue at Sean as he enters.

Sean grins when he sees the snake "Cool." He begins to walk around the shelter, checking the place out. He continues to chat while he walks around "My neighbors when I was a kid had one of these. They always said that when the bombs dropped that we could come ride it out with em. Then the Cold War ended and there were no bombs. I always thought it was funny that it was all for nothing in the end. Never been down in one before tonight, though."

He finishes his walk around the place and turns to look back at the bed, not really wanting to get ultra close to the snake though he had no doubt that Circe had it under control. Instead he just looks back at Circe and decides to follow up on his question earlier.

"So what can you tell me about yourself, Circe? My story is short and sweet enough, but I bet you've got some crazy stories to tell, being Hierophant and all, right?"

"Hm, what to say?" she asks, smiling. She pours some water from a jug into a bowl and, using a rag, starts to wash her body clean of blood. She continues washing as she talks.

"I was born in Greece and spent my living years there, as well as the early part of my Requiem. Even while alive, I was a believer in the old ways, the ancient goddesses and gods of my homeland. For this, and because of my knowledge of herbs, and because I helped women end pregnances forced upon them, I was labeled a witch, and suffered much persecution. Eventually I sought out rumors of other followers of the old ways, and in finding them, I became Embraced. I have been a servant of the Goddess from the earliest nights of my Requiem.

"I traveled much of Europe, as well as parts of Africa, Arabia and Persia, during those years, before finding my way to America. Since then, I have traveled much of this land, staying in one place for years at a time before moving on. During those travels, I have seen many things. I have knelt in horror and awe at the feet of kindred Embraced during the times of the Pharaohs in Egypt; I have watched tribes of werewolves perform strange rituals in the Carpathians; I have learned the feet of sorceresses who knew Vlad Dracula during his nights among the Circle, long before he found his own path, and I have encountered ghosts and demons and terrifying creatures thought only myths even by most of our kind."

Having finished bathing herself, Circe then uses the wet rag to wash Sean. She continues talking as she washes and strokes his body. She does not, however, wash the blood from his face or hands.

"I have been Heirophant to other Circles before this one, focusing on making them strong then moving on to do the same elsewhere. Before the Lost Nights, I was interested in this Domain, and was making efforts to learn about it. I had my two most trusted companions - my childe, Selene, and faithful Proteus, one of your clan, the Savages - scouting out Sacramento when the Nights occurred. I ... awakened during my daysleep to feel my childe die."

Putting aside the rag, she takes Sean's hand and walks to the bed, reclining and drawing him down with her.

"I have had more lovers than I can possibly remember, though I have felt true love for very few of them, and none since Selene. I have borne only the one kindred childe, though I have spawned dozens of imps and chimerae such as the ones quickening within me now. During my daysleep, I have recently received visions from the Goddess, visions which hint at an ordeal in my future. Either I will survive this ordeal, and in doing so start to learn the most advanced secrets of Cruac, or it will destroy me utterly."

Sean listens attentively to Circe's story, while enjoying the feel of the cool rag and Circe's hands on his body. As she reclines he removes the clothing he still wears and lays down beside her, leaning up on one elbow and running his hand along the length of her body. "Wow, what a story. I hardly even know what to say. I'm sorry to hear about about your childe. If there's any way I can help in your 'ordeal' I hope you'll let me know, though I'm sure you're more capable than I am of seeing to yourself."

He slides closer to her now, until their bodies are pressed together, and kisses her.

Circe returns the kiss eagerly, with passion. After a few minutes, she pulls away and looks into Sean's eyes. "Part of being in a Circle is helping others face the ordeals of their Requiems. I will remember your offer. But we will speak of ordeals and losses later." She kisses him again, caressing him as he touches her body.

Sean's dead blood begins to work in his body in response to the stimulation and his activation of the Resilience discipline. He remembers her mentioning having more lovers than she could possibly remember, and while Sean felt no need to compete, he simply wanted to make a good impression on the Hierophant.

He returns her passion and eagerness in kind, moving so that he is positioned over her. His kisses leave her face, as he begins making his way down her neck and body...

As they join together Sean shows Circe that he is capable of being a generous and patient lover, and his increased stamina pays off in the end. At the same time, Circe shows Sean that occult skills and techniques aren't the only kind she's learned over the centuries of her Requiem. For them, at least, the earlier ceremonies aren't the only memorable event of this night.