Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Case Study) Symptoms

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Beneath the throbbing pulse of the Nox, beneath the sea of blood that danced and stood and talked and imbibed, the Reeve of Sacramento sat bedecked in black feathers. Before her sat a ledger, beside it a pen. And, in the middle of the table, sat five silver badges, each fashioned into the form of a raven perched upon a stake. Upon the back of each badge sat a naked plain of metal, just waiting for a name.

And the Reeve was most curious to see which names would be inscribed when this little affair was said and done. Not that she had no suspicions in mind, but she did not pretend to know the future, nor the stilled hearts of those who had volunteered to wear each badge. Only time would tell.

And so the Reeve waited for her supplicants to arrive, her dead, black eyes fixed upon the door...

2. Likes Wod.Infant liked this post
    Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Gilroy made his way through the press of people upstairs. It was convenient being a Haunt sometimes, like when the crowd parted to make way for you. So long as you could stand the looks of disgust and revulsion in their stares as they hurried to be as far from you as possible, it was down right useful. At least you weren't likely to be made late by getting stuck in a mass of Kine.

He wasn't exactly thrilled to be the first to arrive, though. To be entirely honest, he was too excited to be volunteering for whatever the Reeve had in mind. Alliances required upkeep though. It couldn't be any worse than searching out a former Prince's Haven. At least he hoped so.

Even Gilroy's knock was annoying. So weak and polite you almost needed to strain just to hear it.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

Tonight I prepared for the Reeve’s call to arms. Got to keep busy even if it means doing the domain’s dirty business – dirty and dangerous. I chose to wear jeans and a white shirt. On top of it I’m wearing my vintage leather jacket and on my feet I’m wearing a pair of Caterpillar boots. Figured if we are going after poachers might as well get equipped, besides they also look good almost everywhere…

As I go down the stairs into Elysium I notice the somehow familiar shape of the cockroach that seems to be a few yards ahead of me. Once again the beast seems to be absent but the same repulsion for the man is apparent.

”Gilroy, right? Kenneth Gilroy!” I greet him as he stands in front of the door waiting for an answer from the other side. If I have to guess that’s the Reeve’s office.

”I’m Martine, Martine Klauser.” I wave as I finally approach but I’m mindful to keep a polite and safe distance.

”We met briefly but I’m sure we will have more time tonight to change a few words… last time I confess I was in a bit of a hurry.” I smile politely and wonder if it isn’t entirely false…

M
    Matrixchild

When Brittany saw the Reeve's call to arms Brittany knew she'd volunteer. She knew she'd do what she could to step up and help the domain. So appearing tonight was not a surprise, nor was she apprehensive about it. She would do what she had to do.

What did surprise her were the two people standing near the Reeve's down talking. One she had meet, and neither made a good impression on the other. Couple that with the Rage's desire to extend her claws and cut deep into the political diva. The only thing that stilled her hand was the humor in seeming one who appeared 'disappointed' in Brittany's desire for civil service showing up to do just that. Irony could still most anger.

The other she had seen, but had not spoken to. Brittany normally felt for the downtrodden and beaten, but this one. This one made her uneasy. She felt like stepping on him, crushing him beneath her boot, and that feeling was...unusual for her.

With a smile Brittany said, "Hello Martine. I didn't expect to see you here." Then she turned to the other, "Hi, I don't think we've met. I'm Brittany."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink

+1
    SL
    PRE

It shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone that Ale would jump at the chance to help defend the Domain. She had been itching for an excuse to get out draw blood. Fists meeting flesh, her Beast howling in joy and excitement at the violence. Yeah….she needed some of that.

Her guns were left in her jeep, she knew better then to bring them into Nox, though it was never easy. Her body felt lighter without the comforting weight of them at her sides. She had opted for black fitted pants with a simple black tank top. If things did get violent, blood would be harder to see. Her hair was a shade of red and hung down her back. A leather coat was over the tank top and the hood was down. Steel toed boots laced up to her knees and she had blushed. Her skin was still pale, but it didn’t look dead and would be warm to the touch.

As she got close to the Reeves door, her Beast sat up, alert, and pissed. There was a new Beast, a stronger Beast, which was attached to a new face. Her own took a step back, urging her to run from the other, an urge for survival. But Ale stands her ground. Eyes take in her Cousin, who’s weaker Beast brought a different reaction. Her Beast wanted it’s blood, wanted Ale to rend her adorable Cousin. Not tonight, we know her, she points out. Kenneth presents no reaction in her Beast, which was welcome.

Sera,” greeted the Savage, “Hey Brittany, good to see you here.” She nods to Kenneth, then looks to the new one. “Haven’t see you yet, I’m Alessandra, Whip of Gangrel.” She says, not being rude, just stating a fact.

-1 Vitae for Blush of Life
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

PRE

"Step inside," Josephine ordered, raising her voice just enough to cut through any excess of conversation. "We have pressing matters to discuss and I would rather that you begin your task immediately. So step in, have a seat, hear what I have to say. Then ask your questions and, once I have your oath, I shall present to you the title of Deputy. Permanently. Or temporarily." The reeve's pale hand gestured to the five raven sigils upon the table, the gesture as fluid as the wilting of flowers.

She waited, as still as only a corpse, or a Kindred could, and then opened her ledger.

"The matter before us is this. Three bodies have been found. Mutilated in a way that suggests a very rare breed of Kindred, and left conspicuously enough that the kine have caught wind of it. As well as their pitifully dull noises can catch wind of anything, that is, but even they can follow a stench to its source if given enough time, and that is something that we cannot permit. Based off of the flagrant carelessness through which these bodies have been left suggests that the perpetrator will not go quietly, and that is something we must avoid. The Masquerade, after all, is not just a holy commandment. It is survival."

Dead black eyes glared out at the other kindred, daring them to offer contradiction.

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

“Miss Klauser. Yes, I remember from last court.” When she had fled his presence as fast as was socially acceptable “It’s good to see you being active in affairs.” The more active the Carthians, the better off Kenneth was through his relationship with Konrad.

“And hello Brittany. I am Nosferatu Priscus Kenneth Gilroy, Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum. It’s good to finally meet you.” He had noticed her a couple times, one of the Unaligned if you remembered right.

“Yes, Whip Antinori. I remember you from last year’s Summer party. Not the best of nights to remember meeting someone but that couldn’t be helped.

He extended a hand in greeting to each of them. Was it just the light or did it have a sheen of slime covering it?

There wasn’t too much time to dwell in the hallway though, as the Reeve called them into the office. The press of monsters all around made Gilroy uncomfortable to say the least. Being the odd man out didn’t help. Being the singular Haunt present in a room of beautiful women only served to emphasize the lowliness the Curse demanded. He seemed to shrink into a corner, as he took out a pad of paper and started writing. The pencil made a grating ‘scritch scritch’ sound, like tiny rat claws on a chalk board. Focusing on taking notes, Kenneth could better ignore the terror coursing through his still veins.

Gilroy did not offer contradiction. It felt strange for her to bring up the catechism but since that was supposed to be his belief anyway he had no reason go against her statement. Instead he decided to go straight into questions about the situation.

“Reeve Sterling, do you have pictures available?” The idea of wanting to see mutilated people was immediately disgusting but it would help familiarize himself with the wound patterns. Direct access to the bodies would be better for autopsy purposes. It wasn't that he didn't trust Josephine in her judgement, but he would like to have some idea of what they could be dealing with. “And where were they found?” That would tell them where they should start their search.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

PRE

"Unfortunately, I don't have pictures. The current medical examiner is something of a pain," the Reeve replied, the a scowl pulling at her lips, "though I did manage to read through his notes. All three victims suffered puncture wounds to the neck, yet more specifically than that, each puncture wound was centered upon the spine and went deep enough to drain the spinal fluids. Though not just the spinal fluids. Blood was also drained, and there were also human teeth marks upon the throat, and yet more puncture wounds, almost as if the killer first tried to get at the spine from the front, then switched to the back once their victim was incapacitated.

"Regardless," Josephine breezed on, as if such gruesome details were common enough to be boring, "you'll learn all you need to know once you catch the criminal. Which shouldn't be hard. They took extraordinarily little care in hiding their victims. So much so that I'm convinced they intended to be caught, so I would caution care. You see, the first victim was found at the dump, the second was run over in the alleyway behind a bar in the rack. Both victims had last been seen inside the bar. And, recently, a third victim was found in the dumpster behind another bar a block down the same street. Given various other pieces of evidence I've found, I've concluded that our poacher will strike again at this bar, Elixir, again. Likely within the next few nights. It is called Elixir."

M
    Matrixchild

"Nice to meet you Priscus," she said with a slight bow of her head. As Ale approached she said, "good to see you too Whip Antinori." She knew Ale wouldn't mind being called by her first name but she figured it was only right to use titles in front of others. They'd probably have a good laugh later about Kindred and there obsession with titles. Before Martine could respond though Josephine called them all inside.

Upon hearing the announcement that they'd be deputies she suppressed a smile. Part of her hated how easy it had become, volunteer and become a Deputy, but at the same time this was what she wanted so she just embraced it.

Listening very intently she started to get annoyed. Not at Sterling, but at whoever this perpetrator was. They endangered everyone with their blatant disregard for the Masquerade. Brittany would stop them no matter what.

As Josephine continued Brittany was reminded of how little she knew about the human anatomy. She was good at breaking the body, not understanding the body. The real part she focused on was where the bodies had been dumped, specifically their first destination once they took the oath, the Elixir.

"Question. Obviously they must be stop, but would you prefer us bring in the soon-to-be torpored criminal, or are you sentencing them to the final death on sight?" She didn't ask if they could grant the final death because technically the Prince did, but knowing if they could would affect what tactics to take once they were found. It was also important if Josephine wanted to question them.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Coming from work, Twist was dressed in an elegantly tailored pantsuit, her dark hair pulled back into a tight bun. As she walked she tucked away the silver filigreed mask that was as much part of her work clothes as her heels. Picking up on the Reeve's voice she quickened her pace slightly and then nearly jerked to a harsh stop at the Kindred who stood between her and Josephine. With a snarl her beast lurched forward with claws and teeth and howls for blood and it was only with a momentary clenching of teeth that she forced it back down again.

Nodding to those she knew, those with positions in the City getting the additional deference they deserved, she pushed forward and listened. With the Reeve's quick move into details, introductions to those she did not know would unfortunately have to wait.

"Aside from the means of death and the location- is there anything further linking the victims? Gender, race,..." Twist waved a hand to indicate the rest of the list that usually is checked on preliminary investigations.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread