DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx had her arms crossed, her expression woven into something between concern and annoyance. It was always faintly frustrating to her when the enemy seemed to have a leg up on her own side.

"Well, I'm not sure I'd be the best person to talk to about going to this library in person, anyway. Which library was it, though? The university library?" Presumably, since the Banishers seemed to center themselves there, but there was no reason to assume. Clarification seemed wise. Besides, if it was a public library, she'd be very certain to be taking a very wide berth around any of those she came across in the future.

"You said there was four? Did you get any notion of what they were capable? I mean, other than that one on overwatch, I guess."

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"I think it was the main one*. I mean, it looked legit the main library. I guess only Einstein or Rabbit would have known for sure. They led us there. I guess if I saw it again I'd know. The mural on the ceiling was... impressive. But that was only the start of where to look. Its a work of art, piercing the secret security of that place..."

Crowley thinks for a moment.

"Hard to say. They were waiting for us and pounced on us. Lets see... there was this stocky - compact - guy in, like a janitor jump suit. He killed Rabbit with a knife. There was a wacky student chick with short hair... she must be an Obrimos, 'cause she lit Einstein up with magic flames. This greasy haired nerd dude was the overwatch guy. Think he had a knife as well. Last guy was a zealot in look and deed. He liked his knives too."

Crowley rubbed at his side again.

"Yeah knives. All knives. All totally unassuming and so mixed you could not conceive of them ever meeting in public, let alone working together."

*The thread was called Biblioteca di San Bernaba. Not sure if that was the actual name of the building though

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx nodded. She needed a moment to absorb and frame the information, but rather than let the conversation go silent, she asked something else that had been bothering her for a bit; "Einstein... You know, I keep hearing the name, but I never actually met him. I take it he hasn't been gone long?"

Knives. Well, that wasn't a good sign. Certainly not the sort of thing she liked to deal with. But then, that was why she wasn't generally involved in this sort of thing. She'd get gutted, without question. So if she was going to do anything about the Banishers, it would have to be something most subtle, less direct. But that was fine - it was something she expected anyway.

"Hmm. You think there's anything we could use to track them down? Not physically, I mean, but track down their identities. Their homes, jobs, families... basically anything that could lead to useable information."

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"Her." Crowley corrected. "She was my cabal mate. One of the Mighty and Libertine like me. She had some very specific ideas and clashed frequently with everyone... especially Avis. I... uh..."

With an effort he silenced his tongue lest his own feelings spill out.

He didn't have to worry about his abrupt silence, however, for he saw Truce coming over. Crowley's lips stretched into a small smile and he gestured for his cabal mate to join him.

Feel free to get some words in, Vassagon before we run out of time

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

"She valued her independence and privacy," added Truce as he stepped into the conversation. There is concern etched into his expression as well as he jumps straight into business.

"Crowley, I'm interested in having two members of the Mysterium, Faust and Miach, come to the Sanctum to analyze the tome. I'm not sure if they'll find much more than Einstein and I had, but Faust has some experience with Spirits and might offer a different perspective. I've informed them that the tome is to remain in our care, and that we would be present for their assessment."

He imagines Flidais would welcome a visit from her Order members, though he would no doubt have to touch base with her first.

"Also, I wonder if you would mind if we got together with Star, Avis, and Emrys at the Sanctum on a separate occassion, for the Banisher profile sketches? Or should I speak with my Order about hosting it here?"

Noticing the build up of TdS members and the lovely Varyx Flidais wanders over to speak with her cabal mates, her expression was not particularly cheerful.

"So... That was an interesting announcement, assuming you will fill me in later or we talking bout the music? Oh hi Varyx! If you have a scent trail I could track something down although depending on how long ago it was, it might not be effective." with an abrupt shift her expression changed from unhappy, to pleasant when addressing Varyx then back to unhappy as she gave a slight eye brow raise to Truce and Crowley. Flidais was an open book, her annoyance wasn't necessarily severe but when afflicted by an emotion she didn't hide it.
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue
    Presence: 3 (Animalistic)

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Flidais received an initially blank stare. Then there was a blink as recognition set in.

"No. This isn't about the music or our artist friends. This happened just before you joined us. Yeah, you moved in a few days after we'd hit the library. You healed me, remember? When we had our first chats about this stuff?" Sometimes it was about context and placing things in an ordered timeline.

When Truce finished speaking, the Enchanter first deflated with a quiet sigh, then stretched to his full height, then slouched into his seat looking decidedly shifty.

"OK. Thats acceptable. I guess we need the help," Crowley responded guardedly. "As for Avis and Star... can we have it here? The meeting? I dunno, maybe ask if we can have it shielded or warded or something?" He straightened again, looked earnestly at Truce. "Look... I'm kinda paranoid that after we got cut up so bad that the bad guys might be able to scry on us. Yeah. Stupid I know. But I'd rather have some precautions in place. Its my bad that I... can't... make lasting wards for our place. Not feasible ones anyway..."

His face collapsed into gloom.

An 'oh' face appears on Flidais, a lack of confidence is visible on her face briefly before she speaks.

"Wait, those wounds weren't from the music issue?" Flidais clearly a tad confused about what happened, annoyance on her face giving way to puzzlement as she is trying to work out what is going on. "Anyway, if there is a Tome, I could take a look at it? I do know a bit of prime."
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue
    Presence: 3 (Animalistic)

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Truce smiles sadly and nods his understanding to Crowley. "It's alright. You're probably right that we should remain cautious, not stupid at all. And it's not anyone's fault that we aren't able to have sustainable wards. I've heard Space is a difficult Arcanum to handle for all but the Mastigos."

"I'll talk to the Ladder then about having the meeting here." It doesn't surprise Truce that he would take issue with Star and Avis's presence at their Sanctum, but he doesn't want to make it into a bigger deal than it has to be.

Flidais's arrival makes for a lucky convenience. "Ah, Flidais, I wished to speak with you about this too. I'd like to have Curator Miach and Faust over to the Sanctum to analyze the tome. I would like you to be there too when they come over. Any insight you can provide would be of help. Would that be acceptable?"

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx offered Truce and Flidais each a smile as they approached, stepping back - figuratively - out of the conversation while the cabal discussed their own matters. She did perk up a little at Flidais' pleasant greeting and shook her head at her question. "I'm afraid I don't have anything that would work for a scent trail, no. Though I might be able to see what I can find. My cabal is working on a few leads, so maybe something will come up."

Another pause while the others discussed Truce's plans, and she stepped in again. "If you're concerned about wards, perhaps Avis might be able to help. I understand she's quite talented with Space." Of course, she also knew Avis wasn't a fan of the TdS as a rule, but if she was going to be around for the sketches, she'd (hopefully) be as interested in keeping the proceedings safe as these three.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread