Watch

OOC Talk & Scene Questions

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Not really sure where to put this.

The Freehold Oath is going away. Gone. Doesn't need to be sworn, get rid of those bonuses, everything. I'll clean up documentation later.

If you care about the reasons...

1. For several years we didn't have a 'Freehold Oath', but on-boarding new Lost was problematic because everyone wanted to be an FOB and/or truculent about playing nice with others. When the 'Acknowledgment' process of Vampire was pointed out, Sovs started on-boarding their constituents. Eventually several people (back when we had 3-4 STs) hit on the notion of making it a Pledge and suddenly Changeling became the venue where you got dice bonuses just for showing up.

2. Mechanically, it's a bad Pledge that doesn't follow RAW and I don't feel like re-working it.

3. It's not needed, and compounds the 'full roster of Sovs' problem. Vampires don't get Vinc'ed during Ack. Mages don't get Geas'ed during Recognition. Know why? Because they'll fucking kill you if you can't act right. Time for Changeling to put on it's Big Fairy Pants and quit being a special snowflake.

4. It's a hassle to coordinate and usually drags out the seasonal threads which usually over-run their time-frames already.

So there you go.

Nobody needs to swear it.
    All existing are broken (update your info).

Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

2. Likes Origins, liked this post

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Just a small note.

I know some of you may feel a little 'wtf' about me making some rules since some of you are new and have never seen me play --or be involved with-- Changeling.

FWIW, I played for a little over two years solid, 1000+ posts, and have dealt with almost everything ICly -- so they're not just changes made in a vacuum, but from experience. I've fought Fairweather and his agents, made Pledges, and even played through the beginning with no Freehold Oath to the creation/inception of it.

I've also been on the back-end of Changeling over the yeas to varying degrees, from discussing rules with STs to discussing plots (a fair share of the plots run over the years were my ideas I handed off).

So I guess I just want to reassure everyone that these aren't arbitrary or ignorant changes, but ones made from both playing and observation. They come not only with the game itself in mind, but to 'clean the slate' for a potential full-time Storyteller.

I'm happy to discuss any of the changes here in this thread. I'm a big proponent of House Rules existing to fix a problem, not just for 'the lolz'.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

4. Likes Origins liked this post

Circe
    Circe
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

Big thank you West! This should streamline things by a lot.

6. Likes West liked this post

Circe
    Circe
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

Cool beans! The Arcadia thing was kind of annoying, though not as bad in games I've had with multiple venues.

I do have one question: Does this means Pledges are restricted to be inter-player or are Pledges with mortal NPCs still allowed?

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Pledges remain restricted to PCs and ST-run NPCs as they have been ever since Retainer Pledgapalooza. Since there's no ST, take that however you will.

I have no idea how you managed to ignore the big green:

Questions about this, or Pledges in general, should go in the OOC Discussion thread.
    ...and muck up my Changeling 2017 thread, but I'm going to start deleting questions that ignore the obvious rather than indulging them, Origins . It's a recurring theme with you and it's time to put on your Big Fairy Pants after five years of play.
    Last edited by West; May 1st, 2017 at 06:07 PM.

9. Likes Origins liked this post

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

I noticed an *ahem* recurring theme in several XP reports (lol)

Does the Alex v Mhairi situation need some OOC talk or is everyone still content to let it play out wholly IC?

W
    Woland

Several, you say? "Unexpected" is probably the word.

Anyway, I was under the impression there's some kind of armistice between the two - for now, at least. I'm pretty certain they'll butt heads in the future but in my mind (and intention) it was always a purely IC conflict well within what can happen from time to time and not some kind of toxic situation. I'm sorry if it ever appeared differently.

0 Scenes

Ling is the new Vamp. Obviously this calls for a Monomacy...

lol, obviously.

Mhairi and Alex will probably never get on, and it has been effecting me OOCly, which is no fun, so to settle things once and for all, Woland let's set up a duel. We could get the duel scene started ASAP and let the dice decide our ling's fates, like it should be.

Has a social group been started to hash out the details of the discussed Freehold Commons? I have some XP to spend, so am wondering...
    There's not a social group to my knowledge up, but since it's for the Freehold as a whole, we could just hammer stuff out in an OOC thread

W
    Woland

Mhairi and Alex will probably never get on, and it has been effecting me OOCly, which is no fun, so to settle things once and for all, Woland let's set up a duel. We could get the duel scene started ASAP and let the dice decide our ling's fates, like it should be
    No.

Apart from the fact that the logic of "our lings don't like each other so let's have them fight and like each other even less"* escapes me, I'd like to point out that there's nothing to duel for. No crime. No challenge for leadership. Sure, Alex disagrees with Mhairi's policies but unless you plan on duelling anyone that ever does I thought these things were to be discussed at policy meetings. You know, the ones she's agreed to do.

That part about never getting on also sounds like a bit of a stretch.

*Unless you mean a duel to the death in which case it's a double no, for obvious reasons.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

No.

Apart from the fact that the logic of "our lings don't like each other so let's have them fight and like each other even less"* escapes me, I'd like to point out that there's nothing to duel for. No crime. No challenge for leadership.
    Yes.

Nowhere does it say Hedge Duels require a crime or a particular reason. They are, simply put, the ultimate form of dispute resolution, and every Changeling knows that.

You can either:

1) Agree
    2) Concede the point of contention and adhere to whatever concessions are demanded
    3) Leave the Freehold in shame for breaking a core tenet of Changeling society.

You cannot violate the setting by not adhering to fundamental social mores. If your mouth has been writing checks your Wyrd can't cash, they tend to bounce in the bank of Hedge Duel. You've played a bit fast and loose with rules without direct oversight, and I've let it slide. Apparently you've gotten used to it? It ends now.

This will be enforced to the point of writing your character out for you.
    Last edited by West; Oct 5th, 2017 at 03:50 AM.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread