Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1601) Faye & The Last Starfighter

THREADID
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Yeeeeaaaaah, it was about that, uh, thing."

Eyes narrowed and a little smile crept out.

"That was weird, right? Bringing it up at, like, a meeting? But, whatever. She ended up just wanting us to take this big rock out to some treehuggers in the forest. This huge glow-y rock. And big trees. Like, redwoods. And this whole crew all up in the trees. Drinking tass-y beer. Oh, and mead."
    Was any of that supposed to be secret? Well, it wasn't now. Besides, no one ever said that it was. "It was actually, like, pretty legit. If you're into tree houses."

And evictions.

"How about you? Where'd you go? Any place exciting? Fun? Because you, like, just disappeared. Like you cashed in on your Path and finally won a lottery. I mean, I'm not saying you would. Or that, like, Enchanters do that. I'm only saying that because I would totally do that. I'm just, you know, projecting my low moral fiber on you."

Star grinned, studying a space somewhere above the Enchantress' left eyebrow.

"Or, you know. Chasing Striker."
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

2. Likes Orianna, Cayce liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She couldn’t help but grin, no one told stories like Star did.

“Tass-y beer? Didn’t even know that was a thing, kinda wanna look into it now.” Was she the only one who could see that being awesome?! She already brewed her on beer, why not add tass to it? “Sounds like it was interesting to say the least! Were you guys successful?”

Then the convo shifts. “Oh, I had to go back East, there was a family emergency.” When he mentions her Path, she laughs, “Never actually tried that, but I’m sure the universe would totally have something to say about it. My Mentor advised me against it years ago, and I’ve just never dared. But would it be awesome?!” cause yeah, it would.

“Moral fiber?” she chuckles, “I’ve done my fair share of unmoral things in my life.” Some she was proud of, some she wasn’t. But they all had pasts.

“I didn’t know Striker was gone until I got back. To be honest, I kinda broke things off with him before having to leave.” She says with a shrug before taking another drink of her coffee, which was getting low. And that was just sad.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Yeah, I didn't get the deets on how they made it. Something something, growing near the Hallow something? Like, I kind of wanted to know more but I didn't ask because they may have, like, been all Secret Squirrel about it and then, oh em gee, the awkward. They'd be all cagey, or lie, and I'd have be all, you know, cool with it, and then everyone would just have to keep going. You know?"

Talking is thirsty work. Especially talking about beer. Talking about beer to gloss over Hot Chicks doing Immoral Things.

"You know, it's funny. People talk about Awkward Moments, but, like, the moment after an Awkward Moment is totally an Awkward Moment, too. Like, getting past that Awkward Moment? Then it's almost like it's a train, the Awkward Train, with Moments for cars." Kind of like an exposition on Awkard Moments in the wake of the name Striker. "But, yeah, we were totally successful."

That's right. Rock: delivered. Cue the Superman March.

"Well. I hope the emergency was okay. Like, eventually okay. Okay, like, someone sick got better. Not like, you know, whoever was sick finally died. So. Anyway." Hey, it's the Awkward Caboose. "You're a Thearch, right? What'd you think of, you know, this."

Because Conversational Consilium.
    - Roald Dahl

5. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Yeah, kinda figured people would be all secretive about something like that. But seriously, think of the possibilities!” sounded good to her.

Wow, that was a lot of awkwards. Would that be awkward?

“Especially when everyone is quiet after the awkward moment?! Urgh, that is the worst! Then there is the awkward laugh or something by someone.” She had to laugh. Best thing to do? Try and play it off.

“Glad to hear you guys were successful. I think a lot of people could have a lot to learn from how well you guys work together.”

She wasn’t about to get into detail about what happened. “The emergency ended the way it had to.” She was comfortable with Fate and Death. Both were certainties in life.

“Oh, um, yeah, I am.” There was some degree of uncertainty in her voice. She wasn’t sure where she stood with the Ladder, and had actually found herself at a cross roads with it. But that was best discussed with another Ladder. “It was refreshing to see everyone willing to come together and work together for the greater good of the community. Inner fighting weakens us and allows the Seers and Banishers a chance to strike. I can’t remember a meeting where so many came forward to help. Sounds like the Lex is still being ironed out, but that’s to be expected with changes in power and personalities. And making sure offensives are dealt with swiftly and fairly is a huge thing. Have to say, Avis is doing a great job.”

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Yeah."

A glance of the shoulder towards the exit almost hid a smile behind the unkempt, blossoming mop.

"She, ummm, is."
    Unless Faye was just Being Nice. Of course, they'd managed a meeting without Crowley yelling at Avis. Who even knew who got the credit for that. "I, ummmm. Yeah, you know. There's always changes, right? I know a lot of people were all, like, maybe a little weirded out when she first became the W... Mastigos Councilor?"

But maybe now some people could See.

"But, yeah, it's been a little weird, getting the whole working together groove."
    Welcome to Musical Topics. "I mean, after Zoey and Asp left and all. But we're getting there."

Now all they needed was a Mission where someone didn't get kicked out.

"Anyway. It was, like, good to see you. You know, like, healthy and alive good to see you. Not like, checking you out good to see you. Don't be a stranger, okay?"

- Roald Dahl

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Nodding, “Change is always hard, and not everyone is ready for it.” But it kept life interesting and was one of those things you just could not avoid.

Smirking and chuckling, “It’s all good. And it was good to see you and catch up a little. Give my best to Avis.

It seemed like the meeting was drawing to a close. She didn’t get much done that she wanted to, but hey, whatever.

Closed Thread