Ended
Watch

(1601) Miach, Faust, and Truce

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    T
    Trismegistus

Faust was rather pleased with how things had gone with Truce, despite the dire nature of what they had been discussing. Once the Councilor was gone however he turned his attention back to his Curator. "It was my intention to turning the brunt of my attention in the coming months towards securing the Athenaeum and adding my studies to it's stores. If we're actually looking at a problem of Banisher's being able to remove souls however. . ." the demonologist trailed off to emphasize the danger it posed. "I'm the only one in the Concilium able to reattach a Soul, but I'll need both the person and their soul to do that. This may be a skill too valuable to endanger in the field where those souls might be, especially as I am not skilled in self defense. Some one else might be able to go retrieve the soul, though that would also require a certain familiarity with Spirit or Death, and as far as I know Councilor Truce is the only one here with enough understanding of Death to do it. With more study I think I could restore a Soul sympathetically, which would work so long as the soul wasn't bound to something already. Even then we would then know what it was and that item or, God forbid, person could be retrieved by those better prepared for such a situation. What I'm saying is it might be in all of our best interests for me to focus myself on study until I am capable of such a skill. I would like to take a look at this weapon first to see if I can't verify that it is in fact something we should be concerning ourselves with, but to be perfectly honest I am kind of shaken by all of this. I'm not certain I'm thinking clearly about this situation yet, and I could use some advice. You are my Curator, I trust you to weigh the consequences of leaving the Athenaeum in it's current state for such a task."

Miach

PRE

If Miach hadn't studied the Fate Arcanum as he had, he would probably have had a very different outlook on the current situation. As it was though, the Acanthus thought he could see the hands of Fate in the timing between the Consilium's needs, and his own... Time, patience...

"You have my leave to favor developing your proficiency until you can restore a Soul sympathetically, for the Mysterium and the Consilium's good." he said soberly. The first line of defense of the Athenaeum would have to be the mystagogues themselves, and that had always been the best one anyway.

"I must say I look forward to looking into that weapon." he admitted next.

T
    Trismegistus

Faust looked at Miach for a moment, then nodded. "I understand, thank you for your advice," he responded to the comment about what he should do in a tone matching the Enchanter's. With Miach's confession a strange, grim grin crept across the Warlock's face, like a mild, manic excitement weighed down by the serious nature of what they were talking about. "You know? So am I. I'm glad I'm not the only one." Faust glanced around the room, saw that people had been leaving and added, "I should begin my preparations. I'll see you back at the Forge."

Faust returns to the main scene

Miach

PRE

"See you back there."

It was hard to change one's nature, after all...

Miach returns to the main Scene

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread